PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 10492 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2022, 09:03:22 PM »

No. He used to be combustible about them but isn't anymore

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2022, 09:11:39 PM »

Watched the highlights and the only things the officials us was the yellow for copper. Me should have been a red.
At least one pen would have been the minimum and the Conn-Clarke was a free kick and straight red
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2022, 09:22:54 PM »

While all of those strikers were certainly capable of some dreadful misses (Tom Peers at Blyth is unforgettable) I don't recall any of them actually putting a ball out specifically for a throw in from as close as Dire-nanga was last night.

That's not what happened with that chance. The ball was fired at pace from Colclough across the goal. Dinanga lunged for it but only managed to get part of his foot on the ball in time before it spun out for a throw. He wasn't there in time but there were worse misses last night than that

"He wasn't there in time" - but that's a major part of his problem. How many times do we see him fail to make contact with a ball played in front of him ? The fourth goal against Dorking was possibly the only time he's dealt properly with such a chance this season.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2022, 09:33:21 PM »

I did feel that a couple of times Ryan delivered the ball too quickly for anyone to get on the end of it. A bit slower it would still have beaten the defence but we might just have been able to get a boot on it.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2022, 09:45:48 PM »

I did feel that a couple of times Ryan delivered the ball too quickly for anyone to get on the end of it. A bit slower it would still have beaten the defence but we might just have been able to get a boot on it.

Agreed and not just the Wealdstone game. The crosses are sometimes like cross/shots that are whacked across the 6 yard box, they are not that easy for any forward to direct or even get to

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2022, 09:54:32 PM »

While all of those strikers were certainly capable of some dreadful misses (Tom Peers at Blyth is unforgettable) I don't recall any of them actually putting a ball out specifically for a throw in from as close as Dire-nanga was last night.

That's not what happened with that chance. The ball was fired at pace from Colclough across the goal. Dinanga lunged for it but only managed to get part of his foot on the ball in time before it spun out for a throw. He wasn't there in time but there were worse misses last night than that

"He wasn't there in time" - but that's a major part of his problem. How many times do we see him fail to make contact with a ball played in front of him ? The fourth goal against Dorking was possibly the only time he's dealt properly with such a chance this season.

Hulme hardly scores tap ins. Peers the same.

Our lack of a proper Ten on the penalty means out 9 is never on the right spot.
It's all my fault.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2022, 10:34:39 PM »

In law he doesn't
That's a fallacy

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2022, 01:04:55 PM »

I was fortunate enough to see Bob Dylan at the Manchester Apollo last evening.

Notwithstanding the fact that Mister Dylan is now aged 81, I can confirm that he still appeared to move quicker over five yards than Dinanga.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2022, 01:34:17 PM »

James Lawrie, If he had been able to slot home an easy chance he'd probably have been at a much higher level. We said it about him all the time when he was here. The difference was when he scored they were worldy shots from outside the box like at Histon.

It's still so bizarre the vendetta some people have against Dinanga. He's doomed to fail here sadly.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2022, 01:44:07 PM »

Notwithstanding the fact that Mister Dylan is now aged 81, I can confirm that he still appeared to move quicker over five yards than Dinanga.
Great man and oh how the times they are a changin.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2022, 01:44:38 PM »

Lawrie made a habit of losing a ball in midfield and then squealing in anguish to draw everyone's attention to what he had just done.

I liked him but not at this level.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2022, 04:15:41 PM »

I’m glad someone else observed that Dinanga sh*t out of it for that chance knowing he’d get clattered. On the whole I haven’t got a downer on him but that disappointed me.

Regarding all the penalty shouts and the referee, the simplest thing to say is that his fitness and positioning was very poor and he was nowhere near being able to make a proper decision on any of them.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2022, 04:32:44 PM »

Great man and oh how the times they are a changin.

Our chances of avoiding a return to National North next season really are "Blowin' in the Wind". And if we really are "Going, Going Gone" I'm afraid that "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »

Omg , here we go again , Just knew this was gonna take off Like a Rolling Stone .

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2022, 09:59:47 PM »

Did you manage to ask him his availability?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread