PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Zak Goodson
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zak Goodson  (Read 3971 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Zak Goodson
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2022, 02:25:03 PM »

Honest to bloody God, this forum!

We've bought up a young asset with potential, and sent him out at a higher level than previous to continue his development. Same with Roxburgh / Brockbank, I expected all three to be farmed out.

He isn't ready for National League football, nor did we expect him to be when we signed him up.

Some people will spin anything into a negative.

Good move for all parties and hope he smashes it.

I know Boston aren't what they were in previous campaigns, but I'm really pleased to see young talent go to a decent level. Watmore wouldn't be a FL league player as quick if we'd been a conference club, the gulf between North and Premier is the biggest in NL
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2022, 03:37:59 PM »

To the point of one of the other posts...

I don't think we're all under the illusion that all of Roxburgh, Brockbank, Goodson etc are going to be successes with us. That's just the nature of football, if they end up finding their level further down and someone makes a decent offer for them, I'm sure we'd weigh it up - we get plenty of people ourselves that way.

Not sure why people thought Goodson would be in immediate contention; I actually thought it was quite naive of the management to think Brockbank would have been ready.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2022, 05:15:54 PM »

To the point of one of the other posts...

I don't think we're all under the illusion that all of Roxburgh, Brockbank, Goodson etc are going to be successes with us. That's just the nature of football, if they end up finding their level further down and someone makes a decent offer for them, I'm sure we'd weigh it up - we get plenty of people ourselves that way.

Not sure why people thought Goodson would be in immediate contention; I actually thought it was quite naive of the management to think Brockbank would have been ready.

I’m glad you mentioned Brockbank there, you’re not the only one a bit perplexed that he was pictured as first choice left back…
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Zak Goodson