PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fan zone.  (Read 7954 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fan zone.
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2022, 09:17:02 PM »

Just for the record what was on offer in the Fanzone?

Overpriced craft beer

£4 is very reasonable and matches what Libero used to charge.

Hi All - just to add for fact and clarity - the last price board in the fan zone from Libero, before closure, had the following prices

Flensburger £4.40
Factotum £4.60
Letter 23 Sour £4
Erdant 20  Att Moon £7.80
Hogans Cider £4.60

Current pricing in any local craft beer venues is more than that now.

Initial pricing for the reopen trial was £5 draught, £4 cans and bottles to keep it simple - more detailed pricing will evolve over time, but please bear in mind its a football stadium, San Miguel at the main bar is £4.80 and sells in big volume, and all profit made goes straight to running the football club and hopefully playing budget ultimately. A few early pints were sold at less due to teething problems with a faulty machine ! It was a soft launch.

Frankie will listen to any feedback and requests and is happy to source different product, but on balance it will have to appeal to the majority and individual requests may not be cost effective or popular. The one guarantee will be a choice, with up to 6 draught lines on offer supplemented with cans and bottles for lower volume options.

With reference to queue time, I did some calculations, if there are 150 people (assumed FZ capacity) who want serving within 10 minutes of half time whistle, to give 5 mins minimum to drink the pint - it would need a server to serve a pint every 4 seconds. Realistically, it must take 30 seconds to ask someone for their order, pour it, till it, pay for it.  That would need over 7 servers to achieve that which is unrealistic - please bear this in mind - we will work towards efficiency, prepay and prepour etc, but we will never manage perfection in an environment where so much trade happens within such a small window :-)

Stuart.

Thanks for that, and I emphasise I am happy as long as the issues are understood, and efforts are made to make things as good as they can be.

I should add, I reckon a turnover of every 4 seconds could theoretically be achieved, at least during half time - give people the option of booking their half time drink in the 90 minutes prior to the match (or indeed online earlier), make it only one popular option for ease and speed ("yay"), and have plenty of them ready poured at half time.

An interesting case study is King's Lynn for our first ever match in Norfolk. They had a barbecue selling just burgers. All people had to decide was whether they wanted cheese and onion, and a score or so of burgers were cooking on the bbq at half time, with one being taken off for a customer when ready. The system seemed to work and I liked it. Could we possibly look at employing a similar system? After all, some people just want any drink. Other drinks could still be served alongside this of course for people who were prepared to wait a bit longer.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:29:13 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2022, 09:25:31 PM »

Any chance of a selection of Vintage Ports or even Malmsey Madeira for those of us with more refined palates?

And while we're at it, what is the wine referred to on the list?

I should add that I don't mean to have a go, and certainly it's a nice problem to have, deciding which craft beers to have in our new fan zone. Just that we might as well make things as good as they can be!

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2022, 12:07:45 PM »

Can't wait to pop in and take a look tonight...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2022, 01:12:10 PM »

Don’t think it’s Open tonight reading Bills programme notes, due to work being carried out
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:20:33 PM by distancetraveller »

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2022, 01:12:40 PM »

Not open tonight according to Bill Waterson

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 02:35:50 PM »

Strewth!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2022, 03:34:00 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2022, 06:41:06 PM »

We got another week out it stop being greedy
Come on you red and white........

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2022, 08:21:05 PM »

Any chance of a selection of Vintage Ports or even Malmsey Madeira for those of us with more refined palates?

I should add that I don't mean to have a go, and certainly it's a nice problem to have, deciding which craft beers to have in our new fan zone. Just that we might as well make things as good as they can be!

Half a bottle of Blue Nun!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2022, 04:31:25 PM »

What do you reckon?

Open, closed?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2022, 05:54:18 PM »

What do you reckon?

Open, closed?
ha ha . The rumours are it's only open on non match days
Come on you red and white........

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2022, 10:37:30 PM »

What do you reckon?

Open, closed?

Closed - open for York game.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2022, 03:31:11 PM »

For those who want Guinness or similar slow slow pouring fare can we have a separate queue for such offerings or preferably tins that they can pour themselves on the strict understanding they don't throw them at anyone? I like a pint of the black stuff myself but time and place. 15 minutes at half time isn't either.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2022, 03:32:24 PM »

Half a bottle of Blue Nun!
  Ahhh! Ladyboys.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2022, 05:41:48 PM »

Just for the record, on the stroke of half time, I have been positionig myself by the memorial wall on the stroke of half time and making a dash for the CSH the moment the half time whistle blows. Mostly, I have just about managed to get served and finish my drink for the start of the second half. I did a similar thing with the fan zone at the Oldham match on an admittedly busy night and missed a minute or two of the first half, with a shorter queue than I had been standing in all those times in the CSH. Still, hopefully things will improve. That has to be the aim - to get as many people as possible served at ht without missing game time. And indeed ultimately to help overturn this fatuous alcohol ban in view of the pitch at all NL games and preferably some FL games.  After all we don't have this requirement in other sports, or for that matter in NLN games such as Darlington vs. York, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol watching sport for all, and if some spectators are a problem, punish them not the decent majority!

Lager shampoo, anyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/08/violence-and-lager-shampoos-could-follow-if-football-fans-drink-in-stands-mps-told
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.