PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fan zone.  (Read 7953 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fan zone.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 12:43:45 AM »

Just for the record, on the stroke of half time, I have been positionig myself by the memorial wall on the stroke of half time and making a dash for the CSH the moment the half time whistle blows. Mostly, I have just about managed to get served and finish my drink for the start of the second half. I did a similar thing with the fan zone at the Oldham match on an admittedly busy night and missed a minute or two of the first half, with a shorter queue than I had been standing in all those times in the CSH. Still, hopefully things will improve. That has to be the aim - to get as many people as possible served at ht without missing game time. And indeed ultimately to help overturn this fatuous alcohol ban in view of the pitch at all NL games and preferably some FL games.  After all we don't have this requirement in other sports, or for that matter in NLN games such as Darlington vs. York, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol watching sport for all, and if some spectators are a problem, punish them not the decent majority!
The final sentence is pointing out the beliefs of the masses. If you misbehave you don't get an arm round the shoulder and told you must promise not do it again. If I was the guilty party I would expect to serve the due punishment and not shift the penalty to everyone else. You can't even drink in the fanzone and look at the pitch!
You can have a couple of pints, come out and check the pitch is still there and go back in and drink some more. That's legal. Come on. It's farcical. Hit those who offend HARD and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves. This needs looking at again by the powers that be. Plenty of fans watch rugby, cricket and football. They don't become different animals when they enter a football stadium. The government needs to get a grip of the legislation irrespective of whoever is in power.

I forgot to add, Altrincham have been a force for driving change in football before (1986?) and hopefully can continue this tradition on issues including this one! It would be nice if the NL/lower leagues could adopt one or two of the things we value about the non-league game rather than us having to take on all the stuff we don't like about going to watch the big clubs. No wonder FC United appear happy to remain in the NPL (though I emphasise I would still like us to get to the FL - and push for the stuff we believe in and that attracted us to watching Alty).

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2022, 11:45:33 PM »

Just for the record what was on offer in the Fanzone?

Overpriced craft beer

£4 is very reasonable and matches what Libero used to charge.

Hi All - just to add for fact and clarity - the last price board in the fan zone from Libero, before closure, had the following prices

Flensburger £4.40
Factotum £4.60
Letter 23 Sour £4
Erdant 20  Att Moon £7.80
Hogans Cider £4.60

Current pricing in any local craft beer venues is more than that now.

Initial pricing for the reopen trial was £5 draught, £4 cans and bottles to keep it simple - more detailed pricing will evolve over time, but please bear in mind its a football stadium, San Miguel at the main bar is £4.80 and sells in big volume, and all profit made goes straight to running the football club and hopefully playing budget ultimately. A few early pints were sold at less due to teething problems with a faulty machine ! It was a soft launch.

Frankie will listen to any feedback and requests and is happy to source different product, but on balance it will have to appeal to the majority and individual requests may not be cost effective or popular. The one guarantee will be a choice, with up to 6 draught lines on offer supplemented with cans and bottles for lower volume options.

With reference to queue time, I did some calculations, if there are 150 people (assumed FZ capacity) who want serving within 10 minutes of half time whistle, to give 5 mins minimum to drink the pint - it would need a server to serve a pint every 4 seconds. Realistically, it must take 30 seconds to ask someone for their order, pour it, till it, pay for it.  That would need over 7 servers to achieve that which is unrealistic - please bear this in mind - we will work towards efficiency, prepay and prepour etc, but we will never manage perfection in an environment where so much trade happens within such a small window :-)

Stuart.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2022, 08:27:14 AM »

Overpriced craft beer

Hi All - just to add for fact and clarity - the last price board in the fan zone from Libero, before closure, had the following prices

Flensburger £4.40
Factotum £4.60
Letter 23 Sour £4
Hogans Cider £4.60

Initial pricing for the reopen trial was £5 draught, £4 cans and bottles to keep it simple - more detailed pricing will evolve over time, but please bear in mind its a football stadium, San Miguel at the main bar is £4.80 and sells in big volume, and all profit made goes straight to running the football club and hopefully playing budget ultimately. A few early pints were sold at less due to teething problems with a faulty machine ! It was a soft launch.

Frankie will listen to any feedback and requests and is happy to source different product, but on balance it will have to appeal to the majority and individual requests may not be cost effective or popular. The one guarantee will be a choice, with up to 6 draught lines on offer supplemented with cans and bottles for lower volume options.

With reference to queue time, I did some calculations, if there are 150 people (assumed FZ capacity) who want serving within 10 minutes of half time whistle, to give 5 mins minimum to drink the pint - it would need a server to serve a pint every 4 seconds. Realistically, it must take 30 seconds to ask someone for their order, pour it, till it, pay for it.  That would need over 7 servers to achieve that which is unrealistic - please bear this in mind - we will work towards efficiency, prepay and prepour etc, but we will never manage perfection in an environment where so much trade happens within such a small window :-)

Stuart.

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

Promising start, and we definitely need the teething problems to learn and adjust.

The matchday experience is already all the more better for the FZ's existence, and I'm looking forward to seeing it continue to evolve.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2022, 08:41:40 AM »

Overpriced craft beer

Flensburger £4.40
Factotum £4.60
Letter 23 Sour £4
Hogans Cider £4.60

Stuart.

Top post, Stuart.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2022, 01:07:34 PM »

Overpriced craft beer

Flensburger £4.40
Factotum £4.60
Letter 23 Sour £4
Hogans Cider £4.60

Stuart.

5 quid a draught pint is very normal; given its a premium beer, and inside a stadium.

However, I would strongly recommending the option of pre-paying a pint; if you're concerned about wastage.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2022, 02:22:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/frankieburton/status/1584871372601233409?s=46&t=4B5wG3ctatw3Y-k0hQEyfw

This was the opening night offering but I know this is going to expand in the weeks ahead. The Cloudwater German lager or pale ale were the two offerings on draught but I know we want to get it up to 6 (including a cider) on draught plus lots more bottles/cans and low/no alcoholic beers too plus the wines. I’d expect gradual improvements to the offering each week starting with Wealdstone on Tuesday night. A pint was £4 on Tuesday which as someone who regularly drinks these kind of beers is decent VFM.

In a broader sense considering the FZ wasn’t really advertised at the ground on the night it was v busy both before the game and at HT with lots of regulars supping in there. This kind of beer offering is what so many of us have been crying out for a long time & I for one hope it goes from strength to strength. The knock on effect too is that the queues for those who prefer the CSH should be shorter too. I just hope there is a way too we can bring Paul & Libero back into the fold.

Curious incidentally Seth where you normally drink around our home games?

Market Tav or Costellos. I'd rather not pay 5 pound for a pint

My last drink in Costellos was 14.45 for 3 pints; I'd hardly call Costellos the definition of cheap
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2022, 03:38:49 PM »

You'd expect to pay £6 in town these days - so I think it's quite cheap!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2022, 04:06:40 PM »

This thread is f**king hilarious.

I'm certain at this point that most people on here really need to find something that actually matters (or indeed is even true) to complain about.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2022, 04:25:59 PM »

My last drink in Costellos was 14.45 for 3 pints; I'd hardly call Costellos the definition of cheap

It depends what you drink. I don't know Hugh but if like me he drinks Big Tree it's £3.70 or was before they closed. If you are drinking the lagers I don't doubt it's nearly a fiver. It will be interesting to see if prices have risen again when they reopen.

I went to the Div 2 playoff final at Wembley in May and was pleasantly surprised to find they were only charging £7 for Camden craft.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2022, 04:27:33 PM »

Amsterdam Alty is right. Go to Oldham or Coventry forums to see clubs with proper problems.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2022, 05:11:22 PM »

And the rest, I was pleasently Suprised at the cost of fan zone drinks, especially in relation to King George, our Sports Hall and beer prices.

Some of my clients charge north of £6.5
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2022, 05:55:19 PM »

And the rest, I was pleasently Suprised at the cost of fan zone drinks, especially in relation to King George, our Sports Hall and beer prices.

Do they wear masks?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2022, 06:12:38 PM »

Any chance of a selection of Vintage Ports or even Malmsey Madeira for those of us with more refined palates?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2022, 06:34:13 PM »

Any chance of a selection of Vintage Ports or even Malmsey Madeira for those of us with more refined palates?

My 'gold-plated' pension doesn't stretch that far so I usually bring my hip flask. Perhaps something similar, Cult?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »

Do they wear masks?

Only today.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.