PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fan zone.  (Read 7952 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fan zone.
« on: October 27, 2022, 09:38:11 PM »

Just for the record, on the stroke of half time, I have been positionig myself by the memorial wall on the stroke of half time and making a dash for the CSH the moment the half time whistle blows. Mostly, I have just about managed to get served and finish my drink for the start of the second half. I did a similar thing with the fan zone at the Oldham match on an admittedly busy night and missed a minute or two of the first half, with a shorter queue than I had been standing in all those times in the CSH. Still, hopefully things will improve. That has to be the aim - to get as many people as possible served at ht without missing game time. And indeed ultimately to help overturn this fatuous alcohol ban in view of the pitch at all NL games and preferably some FL games.  After all we don't have this requirement in other sports, or for that matter in NLN games such as Darlington vs. York, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol watching sport for all, and if some spectators are a problem, punish them not the decent majority!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:50:16 PM by Hugh »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fan zone.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 11:19:18 PM »

Just for the record what was on offer in the Fanzone?

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 11:34:30 PM »

Overpriced craft beer

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 08:51:29 AM »

https://twitter.com/frankieburton/status/1584871372601233409?s=46&t=4B5wG3ctatw3Y-k0hQEyfw

This was the opening night offering but I know this is going to expand in the weeks ahead. The Cloudwater German lager or pale ale were the two offerings on draught but I know we want to get it up to 6 (including a cider) on draught plus lots more bottles/cans and low/no alcoholic beers too plus the wines. I’d expect gradual improvements to the offering each week starting with Wealdstone on Tuesday night. A pint was £4 on Tuesday which as someone who regularly drinks these kind of beers is decent VFM.

In a broader sense considering the FZ wasn’t really advertised at the ground on the night it was v busy both before the game and at HT with lots of regulars supping in there. This kind of beer offering is what so many of us have been crying out for a long time & I for one hope it goes from strength to strength. The knock on effect too is that the queues for those who prefer the CSH should be shorter too. I just hope there is a way too we can bring Paul & Libero back into the fold.

Curious incidentally Seth where you normally drink around our home games?

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 09:07:07 AM »

https://twitter.com/frankieburton/status/1584871372601233409?s=46&t=4B5wG3ctatw3Y-k0hQEyfw

This was the opening night offering but I know this is going to expand in the weeks ahead. The Cloudwater German lager or pale ale were the two offerings on draught but I know we want to get it up to 6 (including a cider) on draught plus lots more bottles/cans and low/no alcoholic beers too plus the wines. I’d expect gradual improvements to the offering each week starting with Wealdstone on Tuesday night. A pint was £4 on Tuesday which as someone who regularly drinks these kind of beers is decent VFM.

In a broader sense considering the FZ wasn’t really advertised at the ground on the night it was v busy both before the game and at HT with lots of regulars supping in there. This kind of beer offering is what so many of us have been crying out for a long time & I for one hope it goes from strength to strength. The knock on effect too is that the queues for those who prefer the CSH should be shorter too. I just hope there is a way too we can bring Paul & Libero back into the fold.

Curious incidentally Seth where you normally drink around our home games?

Market Tav or Costellos. I'd rather not pay 5 pound for a pint

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 09:09:32 AM »

Overpriced craft beer
remember, all profit to the football club, which I assume will bolster the playing budget!

Alty Nigel

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 09:20:00 AM »

We were closely monitoring numbers in fan zone on Tuesday night. Tentatively set the max numbers at 100. Peak attendance was 90.
Realistically we should be able to increase capacity to at least 150 in there. Yea

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »

Thanks for that. It looks like a good start. Quite a choice for the size of the place.

Prices are comparable with other craft venues in Altrincham.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 09:53:28 AM »

Overpriced craft beer

£4 is very reasonable and matches what Libero used to charge.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 09:57:46 AM »

Overpriced craft beer

It's 5 for a pint...

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 10:32:51 AM »

Overpriced craft beer

It's 5 for a pint...

I can assure you I paid £4 a pint on Tuesday night. It’s meant to be going up to £5 a pint going forward I believe once the full range is in place, as that was the opening night & they had anticipated the odd issue. Shame that you’ve already written it off though, if you drink in Costellos and the OMT you clearly appreciate good beer & the range we’ll have on offer is going to be miles better than anyone else at our level I can think of. Titanic Plum Porter for example is exactly the kind of ale you might find in the OMT.

The ‘sail’ style roof will soon be going on too & the second hut opening to serve food too so hopefully by Christmas if not before it should all be up and running. I anticipate the Wealdstone fans who some of us drank with at the Market last season and know their beers will certainly appreciate it for the unsegregated game on Tuesday night.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 11:20:36 AM »

Just for the record, on the stroke of half time, I have been positionig myself by the memorial wall on the stroke of half time and making a dash for the CSH the moment the half time whistle blows. Mostly, I have just about managed to get served and finish my drink for the start of the second half. I did a similar thing with the fan zone at the Oldham match on an admittedly busy night and missed a minute or two of the first half, with a shorter queue than I had been standing in all those times in the CSH. Still, hopefully things will improve. That has to be the aim - to get as many people as possible served at ht without missing game time. And indeed ultimately to help overturn this fatuous alcohol ban in view of the pitch at all NL games and preferably some FL games.  After all we don't have this requirement in other sports, or for that matter in NLN games such as Darlington vs. York, to the best of my knowledge. Alcohol watching sport for all, and if some spectators are a problem, punish them not the decent majority!
The final sentence is pointing out the beliefs of the masses. If you misbehave you don't get an arm round the shoulder and told you must promise not do it again. If I was the guilty party I would expect to serve the due punishment and not shift the penalty to everyone else. You can't even drink in the fanzone and look at the pitch!
You can have a couple of pints, come out and check the pitch is still there and go back in and drink some more. That's legal. Come on. It's farcical. Hit those who offend HARD and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves. This needs looking at again by the powers that be. Plenty of fans watch rugby, cricket and football. They don't become different animals when they enter a football stadium. The government needs to get a grip of the legislation irrespective of whoever is in power.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 11:24:00 AM by rorysgrandad »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 01:19:54 PM »

Sounds like the Fanzone had a promising start.

I have always wondered why they didn't double the size or have two huts for alcohol and one for food.

Needs to twice as wide with more pumps/staff for the drinkng one.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 02:02:25 PM »

The final sentence is pointing out the beliefs of the masses. If you misbehave you don't get an arm round the shoulder and told you must promise not do it again. If I was the guilty party I would expect to serve the due punishment and not shift the penalty to everyone else. You can't even drink in the fanzone and look at the pitch!
You can have a couple of pints, come out and check the pitch is still there and go back in and drink some more. That's legal. Come on. It's farcical. Hit those who offend HARD and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves. This needs looking at again by the powers that be. Plenty of fans watch rugby, cricket and football. They don't become different animals when they enter a football stadium. The government needs to get a grip of the legislation irrespective of whoever is in power.

I think the percieved issues are that animals only frequent football stadia because they believe that's where they need to go if they want to get involved in trouble
And
If you can see the pitch you might choose to stay in the bar and get tanked up whereas if you can't see the match you might just go back to your seat / terrace.

To its credit the crowd at the JD is a world away from some of the unpleasant neanderthals I've met at other venues

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 12:31:41 AM »

A wheat beer  (Erdinger?) that took an age to pour. Now I like a good wheat beer now and again, but perhaps not the time or the place, all things considered?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 12:45:59 AM by Hugh »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fan zone.