PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Torquay Match Thread  (Read 10481 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2022, 09:31:51 PM »

I'm trying to get my head round BT Sport selecting Cooper as Man of the Match. Perhaps they thought his goal outbalanced
his involvement (or lack of it) in the goals we conceded. In his defence however, Jones should be helping bring Cooper along, not the other way round.

Do you think cooper was are biggest problem?

No, but MoM ? Come on ! I thought my post made it clear that James Jones was the bigger problem at the back, but the BIGGEST problem was the performance of Osborne. He's nowhere near what we need him to be.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2022, 09:36:08 PM »

Are our players scared of heading the ball seen it all season when we are one on one with the opposition player we always lose out and other times don't even challenge for it lost count how many times it happened tonight

During his spell with us, Kyle Ferguson had an 87% success rate with headed clearances, and it was the best tally in the league according to NLP. He may not be playing for Harrogate at the moment, but he's regularly on the bench, so unfortunately I don't fancy our chances of borrowing him.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2022, 09:38:23 PM »

Well, what can you say about that game?
A real gamut of emotions experienced there.

Definitely two points dropped, in my eyes.

Torquay were utterly inept during that first half and we should have been at least five goals ahead.

Dinanga is just so profligate and I remain bemused as to why he took that penalty in lieu of Colclough.

Our second-half capitulation was so inevitable.
Fragile mentality and countless errors.

I simply do not rate Osborne (I was screaming at him for that brainless foul near to the end) and James Jones seemed to be all over the place (he appeared to be involved in a heated argument with Pringle after the final whistle).

I look forward to hearing Parkinson's analysis.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2022, 09:51:05 PM »

Young lads don’t seem to have any aggression in their game nowadays it’s basically a non contact academy type football. I appreciate the game has changed but there is still room for a solid tackle when required. Half these lads go off the pitch at the end of a game with there kit as clean as it was at kickoff
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 09:55:18 PM by distancetraveller »

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2022, 09:54:59 PM »

2-0 up at half time and dominating. We need to see games off. 4-0 at half time wouldn’t have flattered us. What does Parky tell them at half time??

Time to go Parky. Thanks for everything but you are taking us backwards now.

How ridiculous? Described as the best manager in the league by Adam Virgo. Apart from anything else, how do you propose we pay up the remaining 20 months of his contract?

I’m shocked you think Adam Virgo’s opinion on non league football means anything. If you’re happy drawing a game that you’re 2-0 up in half way through, have hit that bar and had a penalty saved with your goalkeeper having saved 1 shot at goal then our footballing ambitions are miles apart

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2022, 10:13:56 PM »

We're so naive it's absurd. From the 94th minute onwards, Colclough gave them the ball back from a free in the corner, Colclough shot from 25 yards, Osborne committed that utterly brain dead foul and Jackson decided to dribble it out instead if hoofing it. Its just mindless and naive and it happens all the time. And for all the talk about a young, transitioning team, errors are being made all over the pitch by young and experienced alike.

This is the best summary of that disastrous sequence at the end. From front to back the players game management collectively was a shambles at the death. Absolutely barmy that we can score 4 goals away from home, ‘win’ the game twice and still only come away with a point. Torquay let’s be clear were absolutely garbage as well. We should have been minimum 3 goals up at HT. Why Colclough didn’t take the penalty too, no idea.

To try & be positive that’s a side in the relegation zone who haven’t gained on us today & we now look a real threat going forward. Tuesday night coming soon and being a big local derby is I think just what the players need.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2022, 10:56:43 PM »

2-0 up at half time and dominating. We need to see games off. 4-0 at half time wouldn’t have flattered us. What does Parky tell them at half time??

Time to go Parky. Thanks for everything but you are taking us backwards now.

How ridiculous? Described as the best manager in the league by Adam Virgo. Apart from anything else, how do you propose we pay up the remaining 20 months of his contract?

I’m shocked you think Adam Virgo’s opinion on non league football means anything. If you’re happy drawing a game that you’re 2-0 up in half way through, have hit that bar and had a penalty saved with your goalkeeper having saved 1 shot at goal then our footballing ambitions are miles apart

Merely pointing out highly rated Phil is .Sacking Phil is not the answer, giving him some money and time to strengthen and work on the training pitch is the right approach imo. I would suggest our ambitions for the club are the same as Phils and the board - we want the club to be successful.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2022, 11:07:14 PM »

Well, what can you say about that game?
A real gamut of emotions experienced there.

Definitely two points dropped, in my eyes.

Torquay were utterly inept during that first half and we should have been at least five goals ahead.

Dinanga is just so profligate and I remain bemused as to why he took that penalty in lieu of Colclough.

Our second-half capitulation was so inevitable.
Fragile mentality and countless errors.

I simply do not rate Osborne (I was screaming at him for that brainless foul near to the end) and James Jones seemed to be all over the place (he appeared to be involved in a heated argument with Pringle after the final whistle).

I look forward to hearing Parkinson's analysis.
   Totally agree about Osborne and i fail to see why some rate him so much .  He reminds me of Conor Branson from a few years back , another massive underperformer .

andrewflynn

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2022, 09:35:40 AM »

Just about to make the trip back. 800 odd miles traveled in a week that has shown that results against Aldershot, Dorking and Gateshead were perhaps not the late arrival to the party that we thought they were.

I’m trying to be as positive as possible, here. We have some great players at the club and in fairness, we dominated the first half an hour at Gateshead and first half at Torquay. You can see how much of a threat we can carry when we’re on it and we still have big players to come back into the starting XI.

But this lack of maturity, concentration, confidence, intelligence, experience - however you want to term it, it is going to cost us our place in this league if we don’t get realistic about the situation quickly. We can either carry on waiting for this young squad to grow up a bit or we can bring in some much needed help.

A word on James Jones, who I can see is turning into the latest scapegoat for fans who always seem to need one to target. He played well yesterday, as he did at Gateshead. May sound daft when we’ve conceded four in a half but everything he had to deal with, he did. I think the problem is in midfield. Josh Lundstram can’t do it all on his own.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2022, 10:29:42 AM »

A RB who can play the full 90 would help. Barrows is great but a liability playing 2nd half half fit.

Osborne isn't cutting it. Kaja looked a handful.

Sick of always being rge bridesmaid. No other club in the country loses that.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2022, 10:49:04 AM »

I'm trying to get my head round BT Sport selecting Cooper as Man of the Match. Perhaps they thought his goal outbalanced
his involvement (or lack of it) in the goals we conceded. In his defence however, Jones should be helping bring Cooper along, not the other way round.

Do you think cooper was are biggest problem?

No, but MoM ? Come on ! I thought my post made it clear that James Jones was the bigger problem at the back, but the BIGGEST problem was the performance of Osborne. He's nowhere near what we need him to be.

Motm was Lundstrum or Hulme
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2022, 10:52:55 AM »

my motm was ccc. like andrew flynn i thought JJ had a good game and dealt with what was in front of him.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 10:55:16 AM by hsmith1 »
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2022, 11:06:14 AM »

I thought Chris Conn-Clarke was excellent and importantly he seems to be building up a good understanding with Ryan Colclough.

Whilst we defended well in the first half, it's alarming how easy it seems to be for teams to play straight between the lines - or even drive between it with the ball themselves - something which would hopefully be rectified with Marriott returning to the team.

Given that right back and holding midfield have both been real issues, I'm surprised we haven't gone back for Harry Perritt who was excellent in both roles.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2022, 11:52:50 AM »

Given that right back and holding midfield have both been real issues, I'm surprised we haven't gone back for Harry Perritt who was excellent in both roles.

I think he liked it here, and he's not in the picture at Accrington where he only gets a game in the EFL Trophy. He'd be a very welcome return.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2022, 12:51:31 PM »

I thought Chris Conn-Clarke was excellent and importantly he seems to be building up a good understanding with Ryan Colclough.

Whilst we defended well in the first half, it's alarming how easy it seems to be for teams to play straight between the lines - or even drive between it with the ball themselves - something which would hopefully be rectified with Marriott returning to the team.

Conn Clarke was brilliant first half but not as good second half but that can be said for  most of them re the second half.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread