PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Torquay Match Thread  (Read 10479 times)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2022, 07:51:02 PM »

It was mad yes, but given we were losing on 85 mins it could have been worse!
They were awful first half, we were awful second half (at least until we went 3-2 down anyway).
First half was a good reaction to a bad cup exit in midweek. We should have been 4-0 up at HT.
We've been crap at penalties for years, it predates Marcus and Parky by a long way (I know Ryan scored one in a home win a few weeks ago btw).

Second half they got an early goal and we struggled to make two passes. It seemed like we had 8 men.
Couldn't believe it when we went 4-3 up. Second half we were mostly out of it. Pleased for Jordan who took his goal very well, good to have him back in the goals.
Agree about the schoolboy errors that cost us their late goals.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2022, 07:51:48 PM »

Become a bigger game than it was this time last week. Whether we were better than Gateshead or not they bungled us out of the fa cup 2 years on the bounce. Individual errors, poor team tactics, poor finishing have raised questions of where we're at. In the sh*t imho.

Byrne

Barrows.  J. Jones. Cooper.   E. Jones

Osbourne.     Lundstram

Hulme.    Conn-Clarke.    Colclough

Dinanga

Torquay 2-2 Alty. (Dinanga, Conn-Clarke)

I think the above 11 is good enough to beat a poor Torquay side, but the amount of individual errors we make is killing us.

Good luck to all who travel

Right so far!

A defensive display that will see us fighting for survival unless we get players back and fast! I hope the avoidance of the question from PP is not a long lay off for Toby. Ryan on pens please and we still need a striker…. Dinanga may of scored 6 in 6 but he should of scored 12 in 6 with the chances he has been presented with. 2 big games now and I wouldn’t be surprised if we will be where we are now in a weeks time! Toby, Baines, Kossy, Marriot… we need you!

Those 4 players will be massive for us but will take time to get fit. Also includes Kaja, who would be an asset if we can keep him fit.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2022, 07:52:02 PM »

2-0 up at half time and dominating. We need to see games off. 4-0 at half time wouldn’t have flattered us. What does Parky tell them at half time??

Time to go Parky. Thanks for everything but you are taking us backwards now.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2022, 07:58:29 PM »

2-0 up at half time and dominating. We need to see games off. 4-0 at half time wouldn’t have flattered us. What does Parky tell them at half time??

Hes got loads of credit in the bank far too early for that

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2022, 08:06:21 PM »

The moment Osborne gave that stupid free kick away i could honestly see the goal coming , keep your heads and just see the game out for gods sake . The loyal travelling fans deserved better .

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2022, 08:07:30 PM »

Don't be so bloody daft.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2022, 08:12:48 PM »

Osborne is a decent player at this level, but he has a massive fuk up in him. Whether is a shocking pass or brain dead foul. Either way he'll be no where near the starting 11 when Marriott returns.

Unfortunately it will be too late to save us
Full time and proud of it

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2022, 08:12:57 PM »

Don't be so bloody daft.

Hear hear

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2022, 08:16:30 PM »

Don't be so bloody daft.

You okay with us makijg some signing, or shall the 45 who bothered to go need to make another stupidnlong journey before signings come in
It's all my fault.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2022, 08:18:58 PM »

How ridiculous? Described as the best manager in the league by Adam Virgo. Apart from anything else, how do you propose we pay up the remaining 20 months of his contract?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2022, 08:24:55 PM »

I'm trying to get my head round BT Sport selecting Cooper as Man of the Match. Perhaps they thought his goal outbalanced
his involvement (or lack of it) in the goals we conceded. In his defence however, Jones should be helping bring Cooper along, not the other way round.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2022, 08:43:47 PM »

Thought it a good game,which we should have won,but that would have been unfair on torquay for their second half performance,we could have been 4- or 5 up by halftime,but let them dominate the second 38 minutes.they had some very good strikes and that asa hall always does well against us.Marcus looked tired in the second half.
Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2022, 08:44:24 PM »

I'm trying to get my head round BT Sport selecting Cooper as Man of the Match. Perhaps they thought his goal outbalanced
his involvement (or lack of it) in the goals we conceded. In his defence however, Jones should be helping bring Cooper along, not the other way round.

Do you think cooper was are biggest problem?
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2022, 08:51:50 PM »

We need some experience in this team, when things start to go pear shape heads drop and panic sets in.

Olly Byrne .. stop berating players every time you concede a goal. Stay behind after trg for a week and try and to improve your kicking. It’s not as bad as Tommos but it’s catching him up.

I did have a shout to Parky after the whistle and questioned his wisdom of letting Dinanga take a pen.
I’m sick of hearing how good people think Dinanga is, he f**ked the pen up. He may have scored 6 or 7 goals but how many has he missed because he has no spacial awareness or anticipation, he shies out of 50 50 balls..his upper body strength needs massive attention, he cannot hold off anybody. I wouldn’t mind seeing him going back on loan..

Stop pissing about passing the ball backwards, we gave up territorial advantage too many times tonight.

Subs should have been on earlier,  That game should been over after 45 Mins.

I have to say, Oldham will beat us on Tuesday night, they will be far too savvy for us.

Get some hard bastards in the team with experience. Try to persuade Ferguson to comeback.

Hanson said you can’t win anything with kids, the way things are going, we are going to prove him right.

I bet the M5 will be chocker when we go back home tomorrow… That will just about round the weekend off

Pissed off from Shrewsbury.

PS prove me wrong on Tuesday

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2022, 09:20:41 PM »

Are our players scared of heading the ball seen it all season when we are one on one with the opposition player we always lose out and other times don't even challenge for it lost count how many times it happened tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Match Thread