PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread  (Read 7467 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 12, 2022, 09:29:21 PM »

Same starting 11 as Saturday if possible just depends on Barrows availability. Would rather Roxborough at RB than J. Jones at CB. Hope Kaja makes the bench.

Alty 2-0 Gateshead. Colclough, Osbourne. Attn 1687.

Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Fa Cup Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 10:52:20 PM »

Same starting 11 as Saturday if possible just depends on Barrows availability. Would rather Roxborough at RB than J. Jones at CB. Hope Kaja makes the bench.

I agree with the Roxburgh / Jones assessment - as much as Toby becomes a goal machine at right back, we'd all much rather have him in the middle.

Good to see Conn-Clarke is OK - Bennett probably deserves a start at some point but I don't think I'd play the pair of them together in the same team.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 08:45:17 AM »

I agree with the Roxburgh / Jones assessment - as much as Toby becomes a goal machine at right back, we'd all much rather have him in the middle.

Good to see Conn-Clarke is OK - Bennett probably deserves a start at some point but I don't think I'd play the pair of them together in the same team.

Aye, I think we've learned the hard way with that, haven't we. We've looked far more solid with Brad Jackson grafting away on the right.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 09:09:59 AM »

Bennett went of injured on Tuesday, tweaked hammie, so you won't see him for a few weeks now I imagine. Hopefully Goodson will make the bench.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 10:24:44 AM »

Bennett went of injured on Tuesday, tweaked hammie, so you won't see him for a few weeks now I imagine. Hopefully Goodson will make the bench.

Ah, shame about Bennett - he looked good at the weekend. Takes one of the main selection headaches away I suppose.

Sounds like a productive Cheshire Cup outing for a lot of the fringe players and those returning to fitness; would be good to see a couple make the bench / feature on Saturday.

I assume all the loanees will be allowed to play? - I can't see the Championship clubs (Stoke / Preston) wanting their players not to be cup-tied, however Conn-Clarke might be a bit of a worry if he's acquitted himself well for Fleetwood's development squad midweek...?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 12:07:19 PM »

Do we think we may see a cup goalkeeper?  Gould or Mee?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 12:19:09 PM »

Do we think we may see a cup goalkeeper?  Gould or Mee?
I hope not, need to get Byrne back in and best available 11 on the pitch overall.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 02:34:30 PM »

Hopefully same 11.
Shame about Bennett, he is improving each game. As mentioned above we are more solid with one of CCC or Bennett on the pitch and not both.
Spoke to Kaja last sat. He said 2 weeks so possibly too soon. Seemed keen to get going.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 08:21:54 PM »

Time for revenge on Saturday and this time without one hand tied behind our back by Trafford shutting half the ground and the home fans being bunged onto the Chequers. That gave Gateshead a big advantage before a ball was kicked that night no question and with it a very weird atmosphere, so good to start with a level playing field off the pitch this time.

I make us slight favourites with home advantage and in much better form than they are in the league. 3-1 Alty. With no City or United and good prices and hospitality offers hoping we might push over 2000 in.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 08:40:35 PM »

And wouldn't it be funny if Goodson turned out to be a sort of version of Langstaff for us? If his finishing is really better than Hulme's and Dinanga's at the moment...

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »

And wouldn't it be funny if Goodson turned out to be a sort of version of Langstaff for us? If his finishing is really better than Hulme's and Dinanga's at the moment...
Young lad with good potential, maybe over time he will apply pressure to Marcus and Jordan. Maybe he can switch to the No10 role as well as the wing. For now, one of the main strikers should be starting. Personally, on current form it should be Marcus.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »

I know it's not what we wanted at the time, but I felt our team needed a poacher (which is why we took a punt on Jamie McDonald)

I'd like to see us look at trying to find a Reeves, even if it s a younger player we nurture.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2022, 12:53:26 PM »

Byrne

Barrows*  Mullarkey (c)  Cooper  E.Jones

Lundstram  Osborne

Jackson  Conn-Clarke  Colclough

Dinanga

Subs: Brockbank, Roxburgh*, J.Jones, Malone, Pringle, Goodson, Hulme

If Barrows doesn't make it due to concussion protocol, hopefully it'll just be a straight swap for Roxburgh rather than moving the wider team around, with Gould on the bench.

At this point we might as well send Mee back to United if we can, don't really see the reason in having him on the books now (and I'm going to pretend Byron Harrison was a dream).

Out of the bench options I think we'll probably see Jordan at some point, which means I suspect we might see Goodson deployed on the right.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 12:57:36 PM by MarpleAlty »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2022, 01:34:34 PM »

Byrne

Lundstram  Osborne

Dinanga

If Barrows doesn't make it due to concussion protocol, hopefully it'll just be a straight swap for Roxburgh rather than moving the wider team around, with Gould on the bench.

At this point we might as well send Mee back to United if we can, don't really see the reason in having him on the books now (and I'm going to pretend Byron Harrison was a dream).

Out of the bench options I think we'll probably see Jordan at some point, which means I suspect we might see Goodson deployed on the right.
barring injuries, think you could be spot on here Marple.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 01:40:38 PM »

Byrne

Lundstram  Osborne

Dinanga

It would be absolutely suicidal to have 7 players on a bench and not have a GK involved - Mee or Gould.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team