PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Turnup for people who don't follow (or selectively follow) current affairs
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Turnup for people who don't follow (or selectively follow) current affairs  (Read 3727 times)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Turnup for people who don't follow (or selectively follow) current affairs
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2022, 10:38:58 PM »

In the catering Kiosks we are regularly over 50% paying by card now - from a speed and efficiency angle I prefer cash - I can process a cash transaction much faster than a card payment and speed is important at half time when you have a queue. Interesting how many kids now present card payment, typically for small purchase such as £1 for a chocolate bar !

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 11:13:46 PM »

Worlds biggest persecution complex.

Wanting to be unbanked is one thing, then finding ways to complain about your choices is another.

I must say though it's great to see you've not lost your vigour for using word soup to avoid making a coherent point.

Just trying to make sure that jokers like you understand the issue a bit. :)

Now do us a favour and ask Google if Bromsgrove Rovers really did have two players called Burger and Crisp, or if my memory's playing tricks on me...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 11:22:55 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 11:19:42 PM »

Financial exclusion is something I focus on in my line of work; to that degree, Hugh - I agree.

Just don't be surprised if we get to the point where there's one dedicated cash turnstile and the rest are e-ticket only.

We adjust according to demand and there's nothing wrong with the club encouraging people to try e-tickets if it helps from an operational point of view.

Personally I park up, buy my e-ticket in my 30 second walk to the ground (God bless Google Chrome autofill) - and sail straight through the gate. The club have now asked me to try buying my ticket much more in advance, therefore I'm going to try my best to do that if they're telling me that helps them understand what infrastructure they need.

All that is fair enough, it just gets my goat a bit when there's only one way to get tickets at Wrexham, and that way is reportedly a right pain. Hopefully the exception rather than the rule.

And I must say I suspect that one reason we had a relatively good following at Maidenhead is that they made it easy for away supporters. Personally I wouldn't have gone if I'd had to faff about to get a ticket. I just went down after work, and if the traffic had been bad, I'd have called it off (I got there at 7pm with a clearish run). I don't want to be mucking about printing or computer programming or buying days in advance in those circumstances

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2022, 09:28:59 PM »

Some very good points raised. I serve a lot of people, notably the older ones, who dread and fear losing cash.

Someone mentioned Paypal's devious cancellation of accounts, but remember Trudeau's actions in stopping accounts of those who supported a legal and legitimate protests against the restrictions in Canada.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2022, 09:52:22 PM »

If I was a Canadian trucker (instead of a would be British one), I reckon I'd have some quite strong opinions on this. And I see there's been some quite interesting news on Paypal recently to say the least. I make no apologies for repeating, Alty for all.

And thanks to all who have contributed to this interesting thread, whatever their position. Free and frank exchange of opinions enriches us all and must be defended.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 10:09:16 PM »

By way of a contribution to this discussion, we have 5 or 6 turnstiles taking cash at every home match, and that will not change any time soon.

We also have a similar number scanning tickets.  We are acutely aware that we have only been selling tickets for one full season - 21/22 - and we cannot expect people who having been paying cash for many years to automatically switch overnight.

It seems to me that clubs who are not selling out games are mad not to accept cash at the turnstiles on the day. Customers should have a choice, and clubs at our level are not in a position to turn away business.

That said, the more advance tickets we sell, the more likely we are to get people into the ground more quickly.  Especially in the 15 minutes before kick off where we are always going to have a mad rush, no matter how often we encourage people to get there early!

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2022, 10:41:01 PM »

Great well-balanced sensible post, Leeds Leeds Alty.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Turnup for people who don't follow (or selectively follow) current affairs