PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Club statement
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 4073 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Club statement
« on: September 19, 2022, 10:16:55 PM »

There is a statement on Facebook .
It is basically stating that after a board meeting the outcome was the club will be providing further support for the first team with a focus on the immediate future.

Sounds like excellent news to me

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Club statement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 10:43:04 PM »

Just what we want to hear. good vibes .

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 10:47:52 PM »

Just what we want to hear. good vibes .

It certainly is. They need our support more just now, let’s get there on Saturday,

Parky & Sorvs can turn this around . It’s our club, slagging people off isn’t good for anybody.

Onwards & Upwards.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 11:07:51 PM »

Fully agree , confidence must be shot , they need our FULL backing  , starting on Saturday .

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 11:20:16 PM »

Assuming it's additional immediate financial backing for the first team squad that should be very good news,although I do have a slight fear it means we will sign even more young untested loanees.

I will be there on Saturday whatever, and will look forward to seeing what the next few days bring.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 01:42:59 AM »

Does this statement effectively amount to an admission that they have realised that the current playing squad is distinctly unlikely to keep us afloat in this league?

If so, I welcome their swift response and hope that players can be rapidly recruited who will lift us out of this current predicament (although I do fear that this may not exactly be a straightforward task when a fifth of the season has already elapsed).
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 07:22:50 AM »

A welcome surprise and a reminder, if any were needed, that the Board are not only custodians of the Club, they are also, importantly, fans.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 07:54:15 AM »

Does this statement effectively amount to an admission that they have realised that the current playing squad is distinctly unlikely to keep us afloat in this league?

If so, I welcome their swift response and hope that players can be rapidly recruited who will lift us out of this current predicament (although I do fear that this may not exactly be a straightforward task when a fifth of the season has already elapsed).

I would like to think that the players we currently have are able enough but we are short in one or two positions and that this decision by the board is to top up the funds to enable PP & Sorvs to get additions to the squad and possible replacements for a couple of players already here

It is an encouraging sign that the board are stepping up to the plate and for that, they deserve much credit..

As Bill often says, we are in this together and now is the time to stick together.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 08:58:00 AM »

Was pleased to see this announcement on Twitter yesterday evening, support can mean many things, but seeing what Parky needs and hopefully providing  some funding to assist if required is a good step forward.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 09:11:16 AM »

Let's hope it's a goalscorer to lead the line and a number seven to help provide the ammo. 🤞

PS. As said elsewhere, we don't need more youngsters though.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 09:23:06 AM »

Let's hope it's a goalscorer to lead the line and a number seven to help provide the ammo. 🤞

If we can sort the leaky defence out that would be the best start, we have the worst defence in the league looking at the table except for 1 other team. Can't win many games shipping multiple goals in a game. Forwards do need to be more clinical or upgraded.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 12:24:48 PM »

If we can sort the leaky defence out that would be the best start, we have the worst defence in the league looking at the table except for 1 other team. Can't win many games shipping multiple goals in a game. Forwards do need to be more clinical or upgraded.

It just needs tweaking a bit.

And by that, I just mean James Jones removing from it.

Barrows / Mullarkey / Baines / E. Jones is a strong enough back four in my opinion.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 12:33:54 PM »

For me, recruitment each summer has been iffy. We were rescued from a dull first season by signing Ali Smith and Ryan Colclough (amongst others)

Last season, Kyle Ferguson tightened us up (and jones/cooper).

As I said on the podcost, our best signings have always been mid-season, which is not the best stragtegy, unless they are a boost to take you into playoffs etc.
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2022, 12:35:29 PM »

I have noticed Smith isn't starting for Sutton much . I wonder if its worth a cheeky loan offer

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2022, 01:33:49 PM »

We are already far too heavily reliant on loans.

To have any chance we need continuity which isn't going to come when we are swapping players every one or three months.

We need  sleeves up, socks down midfield warrior and a physical striker. We need to play two up front and be less "pretty"

IMO too much experience was lost all at once over the close season with replacement players too young and 'delicate'
Academy players don't tackle and aren't tackled so when their early touches in NL result in them getting rattled by an experienced opponent some become a tad timid
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Club statement