PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Tread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Aldershot Match Tread  (Read 8526 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aldershot Match Tread
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2022, 06:46:42 PM »

The place needs totally rebuilding. good jobs there's a plan, or at least was a plan. Seems an eternity since that shiny presentation in the CSH.

As for all the things people aren't happy with and the seeming lack of communication from the board, could it be something with so many directors living so far away from the club that they just don't have (dare I say it) that match day experience? Bill used to read this forum and regularly reply to posts. Doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I’m not sure the chairman of a club is obliged to keep updating a fans forum, however I do agree that his visits to the forum are less frequent since the full time model was introduced.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2022, 07:03:49 PM »

Got to my first game in nearly 4 years yesterday.  Really nice to be back.  As far as the game goes as has been stated earlier it looked like a game between 2 struggling sides.  I think the sending off gave us more space to settle and try and play our game a bit.  Their keeper kept them in it second half.   Anyway it was a win.  Other observations, decent crowd, respect to the Aldershot fans.  The Popular Side looks so tired and dilapidated.  The sooner we can find some investment for the ground it has to be first to go!  Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.   One last thing, Parky has got us here and must be allowed the time and patience to get the job done.
good post but what is our game at the moment ? We can't  rely on having an extra man every game and even with 1 extra for 50 minutes we still only won 1 nil

We need reinforcements and quickly and not old players who didn't perform last time

As for the ground i agree to have to walk all the way from the pop side near chequers to the watmore lounge for a wee is embarrassing for 19 quid

You could throw a million at moss lane and it would not scratch the sides

I’ve said it before but the last time the spectating facilities (so I don’t mean the CSH obviously) were significantly improved was the mid 1990s when the middle of the Pop Side was extended and the then Family Stand was built. Since then in 25 years of the Berman/Goodwin/Rowley and now the current regime the ground has gradually gone backwards. Obviously with us having just gone FT and with the training ground hire I doubt we have the cash to do anything in the immediate future but we really need a lucrative cup run or something to begin to modernise it.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2022, 07:14:58 PM »

Said this a number of times before , but still no toilet facilities for seated fans ,and with the tannoy announcements not to use the one near the press area , there's just one gangway in use for EVERYONE to get through ,it becomes a bit of a bottleneck and at half time especially it causes dozens of fans to get back to their seats after the play restarts . At least put a couple of portaloos between the two seated stands , there is room .
 Please !!!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2022, 08:24:55 PM »

Reminds me of Holker Street. The first time I went, there were both (some) seats and a roof behind the goal, then both disappeared. They are back now, albeit a basic roof. I think Rockingham Road seemed to get worse too.

Toilets for the seating area is urgent now with segregation for almost every match.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2022, 08:31:30 PM »

I saw someone usee the portaloo next to the fanzone on Saturday. I presume it is there for the builders.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »

Thank God for 3 points but we weren't good. First half was poor and thankfully we played the second against 10 men.

As mentioned before, get Osborne off corners, terrible.

Pringle made the difference, deserves a few games as No.10. He is always there and is positive in his play. It was a painful watch until he came one.

I agree about Barrows, potential but needs to get forward. Both fullbacks need to get forward more.

Very worrying that we have re-signed Harrison. Dinanga is rubbish, he is a poacher but not intelligent enough in his movement.

Can the club gives us an update on injuries please? The Fanzone? and sort the queues out for a drink at HT. Mentioned a 100 times, pre pour pint machines, bottle bar...It would make the club more money and simple enough to install.

I want to be positive but I am really concerned and can't see us going on any run. However I do believe we are only 4 fit players short of being a side good enough to stay up.  CM,LB,No.10 and striker.

Kossy, Marriott and a fit Hulme would fill 3 of the roles but we need them roles filling until they become available. Also need to make a decision on Kaja and his fitness, good player but a career of injuries.

Good post.

I must admit I wondered why they persisted with Osborne on corners.

I remember when we used to do the SharrattTerry corner, Harris flick-on and Green header. So far as I can tell, it worked because Harris was brilliant at getting a good flick-on (also, Heathcote used to put in a really good cross in training - maybe something rubbed off on the players?). In later years, we went through a spell where we had a lot of corners described as "self-clearing". Seriously, when was the last time we had a really effective corner routine? If it's on any of the seasons that feature on Alty TV since 2011, I'd be interested to take a look.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2022, 09:07:31 PM »

Got to my first game in nearly 4 years yesterday.  Really nice to be back.  As far as the game goes as has been stated earlier it looked like a game between 2 struggling sides.  I think the sending off gave us more space to settle and try and play our game a bit.  Their keeper kept them in it second half.   Anyway it was a win.  Other observations, decent crowd, respect to the Aldershot fans.  The Popular Side looks so tired and dilapidated.  The sooner we can find some investment for the ground it has to be first to go!  Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.   One last thing, Parky has got us here and must be allowed the time and patience to get the job done.
good post but what is our game at the moment ? We can't  rely on having an extra man every game and even with 1 extra for 50 minutes we still only won 1 nil

We need reinforcements and quickly and not old players who didn't perform last time

As for the ground i agree to have to walk all the way from the pop side near chequers to the watmore lounge for a wee is embarrassing for 19 quid

You could throw a million at moss lane and it would not scratch the sides

I’ve said it before but the last time the spectating facilities (so I don’t mean the CSH obviously) were significantly improved was the mid 1990s when the middle of the Pop Side was extended and the then Family Stand was built. Since then in 25 years of the Berman/Goodwin/Rowley and now the current regime the ground has gradually gone backwards. Obviously with us having just gone FT and with the training ground hire I doubt we have the cash to do anything in the immediate future but we really need a lucrative cup run or something to begin to modernise it.

A couple of years ago a new pitch perimeter fence was installed
@AltyDaz

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2022, 11:24:59 PM »

Which was not as good as the old fence. Or so I always thought.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2022, 11:26:29 PM »

I saw someone usee the portaloo next to the fanzone on Saturday. I presume it is there for the builders.

No, they are for match days.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2022, 10:29:59 PM »

My buddy built the new perimeter fences, we gave him a roasting (maybe that's not the right word  ::) these days?) as resting a hot drink on a round top is a right faff, not yet mastered :-[

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2022, 10:47:33 PM »

Which was not as good as the old fence. Or so I always thought.

How many folk singers does it take to build a perimeter fence ?

Ten - two to do the actual building work, and eight to sing about how good the old one was.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2022, 11:54:33 PM »

Even Kier Starmer couldn’t sit on our perimeter fence 😀

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2022, 10:03:39 AM »