PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Tread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Aldershot Match Tread  (Read 8528 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aldershot Match Tread
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2022, 11:07:05 PM »

We'll probably get nothing at Notts so today's win was essential.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2022, 12:59:11 AM »

A marathon not a sprint. Still, wouldn't it be sweet to get something at Meadow Lane after Phil turning them down!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2022, 08:59:24 AM »

A marathon not a sprint. Still, wouldn't it be sweet to get something at Meadow Lane after Phil turning them down!

It would be sweet - but their home record of 3 wins and a draw against Chesterfield doesn't encourage optimism.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »

It would be sweet - but their home record of 3 wins and a draw against Chesterfield doesn't encourage optimism.

First that was a huge win yesterday. It was never going to be a free flowing exhibition of champagne football but a win and a first home clean sheet of the season shows the resilience and the spirit of the lads. As for next Saturday sure it’ll be a tall order but if we can draw and come close to winning at two play off teams like Bromley and Boreham Wood already this season then no reason why we can’t give the Pies a good game. Granted I saw them on the highlights at York last night and going forward they look mustard. If we can give a good account of ourselves it sets us up nicely for the 4 big games that follow before our trip to FC Hollywood at the end of October.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2022, 10:13:37 AM »

I thought the letter in the NLP about us going full time was, at least, very misjudged.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2022, 11:14:24 AM »

Am I alone in being concerned / confused by the apparent increase in injuries suffered since we went full time.

Of our 'serious' ones I can think of only one sustained during a match

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2022, 11:15:57 AM »

I thought the letter in the NLP about us going full time was, at least, very misjudged.
Give us a clue, who said what.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2022, 12:10:32 PM »

Difficult to fathom some of the less-than-impressed comments that appeared on here (and on the fans' FB site) after yesterday's win.  Two poorly performing clubs desperately in need of a win to boost their league position (and their confidence) was always likely to result in a cagey and error-strewn encounter.  And that, indeed, was how the first half played out.  However, to suggest that this continued for the full 90 is simply not true.  What we saw in the S/H was a gritty determination and a team who had realised that they needed to get more than just a draw from the game; play was far more direct and the players appeared willing to get stuck in and to take responsibility.  On the sending off, I'm not convinced that the perceived advantage of playing against 10 men is as significant as is always stated, and so I'm not going to use it as a reason to take anything away from Alty.  More important to mention is their keeper who did a fine job of keeping them in the game.  It's not rose-tinted to say that on another day we could have had at least two more.  Colclough and CCC were both major contributors yesterday and I'm going to buck the trend of slating Jackson and say that I thought he did his job as well as anybody and posed questions with his crossing the ball.  Finally, I'd be happy to see Mullarky take on the responsibility of Captain; I think he is closer to the mould of Moult in terms of leadership, and Hulme is out of the game or injured far too much.
Moving forward, I think we should expect to get nothing at Notts next week, but better opportunities exist in the games that follow.  Looking at the league as it stands currently, I can see little to separate the teams in the bottom third (or even, half)  so let's hope we can string a couple of wins together and ease the pressure.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:12:05 PM by Jacob Screamscrackers »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2022, 12:47:10 PM »

Give us a clue, who said what.

'going full time was supposed to be the beginning of a new era at altrincham but from what I've seen so far this season, I'd be happy for them to go back to the part time model.
Yes it was always going to take time to adjust to the new model but the national league is not a very forgiving league and if we're not careful then we could be back in the national league north. "
John Welsh via email

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2022, 12:56:10 PM »

Thank god for 3 points but we weren't good. First half was poor and thankfully we played the second against 10 men.

As mentioned before, get Osborne off corners, terrible.

Pringle made the difference, deserves a few games as No.10. He is always there and is positive in his play. It was a painful watch until he came one.

I agree about Barrows, potential but needs to get forward. Both fullbacks need to get forward more.

Very worrying that we have re-signed Harrison. Dinanga is rubbish, he is a poacher but not intelligent enough in his movement.

Can the club gives us an update on injuries please? The Fanzone? and sort the queues out for a drink at HT. Mentioned a 100 times, pre pour pint machines, bottle bar...It would make the club more money and simple enough to install.

I want to be positive but I am really concerned and can't see us going on any run. However I do believe we are only 4 fit players short of being a side good enough to stay up.  CM,LB,No.10 and striker.

Kossy, Marriott and a fit Hulme would fill 3 of the roles but we need them roles filling until they become available. Also need to make a decision on Kaja and his fitness, good player but a career of injuries.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:58:14 PM by oneedham »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2022, 01:36:28 PM »

Thank god for 3 points but we weren't good. First half was poor and thankfully we played the second against 10 men.

As mentioned before, get Osborne off corners, terrible.

Pringle made the difference, deserves a few games as No.10. He is always there and is positive in his play. It was a painful watch until he came one.

I agree about Barrows, potential but needs to get forward. Both fullbacks need to get forward more.

Very worrying that we have re-signed Harrison. Dinanga is rubbish, he is a poacher but not intelligent enough in his movement.

Can the club gives us an update on injuries please? The Fanzone? and sort the queues out for a drink at HT. Mentioned a 100 times, pre pour pint machines, bottle bar...It would make the club more money and simple enough to install.

I want to be positive but I am really concerned and can't see us going on any run. However I do believe we are only 4 fit players short of being a side good enough to stay up.  CM,LB,No.10 and striker.

Kossy, Marriott and a fit Hulme would fill 3 of the roles but we need them roles filling until they become available. Also need to make a decision on Kaja and his fitness, good player but a career of injuries.

Good post.

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2022, 01:58:28 PM »

Got to my first game in nearly 4 years yesterday.  Really nice to be back.  As far as the game goes as has been stated earlier it looked like a game between 2 struggling sides.  I think the sending off gave us more space to settle and try and play our game a bit.  Their keeper kept them in it second half.   Anyway it was a win.  Other observations, decent crowd, respect to the Aldershot fans.  The Popular Side looks so tired and dilapidated.  The sooner we can find some investment for the ground it has to be first to go!  Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.   One last thing, Parky has got us here and must be allowed the time and patience to get the job done.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2022, 03:36:35 PM »

Got to my first game in nearly 4 years yesterday.  Really nice to be back.  As far as the game goes as has been stated earlier it looked like a game between 2 struggling sides.  I think the sending off gave us more space to settle and try and play our game a bit.  Their keeper kept them in it second half.   Anyway it was a win.  Other observations, decent crowd, respect to the Aldershot fans.  The Popular Side looks so tired and dilapidated.  The sooner we can find some investment for the ground it has to be first to go!  Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.   One last thing, Parky has got us here and must be allowed the time and patience to get the job done.
good post but what is our game at the moment ? We can't  rely on having an extra man every game and even with 1 extra for 50 minutes we still only won 1 nil

We need reinforcements and quickly and not old players who didn't perform last time

As for the ground i agree to have to walk all the way from the pop side near chequers to the watmore lounge for a wee is embarrassing for 19 quid

You could throw a million at moss lane and it would not scratch the sides
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:38:10 PM by alty.fc »
Come on you red and white........

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2022, 06:30:13 PM »

The place needs totally rebuilding. good jobs there's a plan, or at least was a plan. Seems an eternity since that shiny presentation in the CSH.

As for all the things people aren't happy with and the seeming lack of communication from the board, could it be something with so many directors living so far away from the club that they just don't have (dare I say it) that match day experience? Bill used to read this forum and regularly reply to posts. Doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2022, 06:40:13 PM »

I repeat, aren't there a couple of portaloos in the fanzone corner? Iff they're not operational (or indeed not portaloos), that at least is surely something that might be rectified for the short term.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Tread