PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP post match interview
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PP post match interview  (Read 4247 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
PP post match interview
« on: September 18, 2022, 04:16:04 PM »

I thought that was a frank and honest interview. He is well aware of the problems.
Let’s stop slating the team off and get behind them this Saturday coming.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: PP post match interview
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 04:23:05 PM »

I just listened to the interview, I agree with you.

It occurs to me that we were in a similar situation in 2010 where we had lost a lot of regular first team players from the previous season and had a bad start. Maybe that was Graham's fault or maybe it wasn't, but the fact is, we brought someone else in and still went down Phil Parkinson is a young manager, a manager who's never let us down before, a manager who Notts County were interested in, for heaven's sake. Another manager clearly may not make things better, and I back Phil to turn it around again as he has before. I for one will be behind players and management on Saturday. Now is the time to pull together.

And I just checked the results, it looks a fair comment to me that the Solihull and Dagenham games are the only ones where we were badly beaten - the Maidenhead result stemmed from a howler fromm a keeper who had only just been introduced to the team.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 04:27:28 PM by Hugh »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 09:48:21 PM »

Fully behind him and Neil despite the run. We do this every season. It will turn and we'll be fine
It's a new system, new setup and new squad. It'll take time and it'll be difficult but we'll come out of it. We've improved year on year under this management team and I still think we'll continue that trend this season.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 10:56:03 PM »

Fully behind him and Neil despite the run. We do this every season. It will turn and we'll be fine
It's a new system, new setup and new squad. It'll take time and it'll be difficult but we'll come out of it. We've improved year on year under this management team and I still think we'll continue that trend this season.

Seconded

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 11:45:44 AM »

I don't expect us to improve on last season's league position but I understand the part time/full time transition is the reason why. I think we have to revise our expectations for 22/23 to rate anything above 21st as ok. We start to judge progress from 23/24. We could have stayed in our comfort zone as a PT club and our ceiling would have been National League survival and nothing higher than that. Full time could prove to be the same but I'm fully behind giving it a go in the hope of us pushing upwards and onwards. Right behind them on Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:57:35 AM by rorysgrandad »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 11:52:37 AM »

I don't expect us to improve on last season's league position but I understand the part time/full time transition is the reason why. I think we have to revise our expectations for 22/23 to rate anything above 21st as ok. We start to judge progress from 23/24

Balderdash. We judge the full time model from the day it began
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 12:07:05 PM »

I don't expect us to improve on last season's league position but I understand the part time/full time transition is the reason why. I think we have to revise our expectations for 22/23 to rate anything above 21st as ok. We start to judge progress from 23/24

Balderdash. We judge the full time model from the day it began
Sorry Hashtag I got interrupted whilst posting. I agree we judge from the start of this season when we went FT. PT before that was a different animal altogether. It may transpire that both concepts end the same way but I'm fully behind giving it a go.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 01:52:43 PM »

It depends how quickly a cohesive team can be knitted together. Forest aren't exactly pulling up trees and they've got the same problem. Too many new faces.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 08:52:41 PM »

It depends how quickly a cohesive team can be knitted together. Forest aren't exactly pulling up trees and they've got the same problem. Too many new faces.
Forest are also having to adapt to a higher division and standard of football considering the vast resources of many clubs.
We know what we are up against having been here two seasons already . We are adjusting to good part time players leaving and being replaced with new faces. These need time to bed in, but also need to be an improvement if the benefits of FT are to work
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 07:22:56 PM »

I thought one point Phil made was telling: if we stay part time we definitely can't expect to get into the football league, so we have to give it a go if we ever want to fulfil our ambition.

It was a five-year plan to get into the FL, let's remember. As we get to grips with our second season of this plan, we can reflect on the tremendous job both board and management have done to get us into a position where we are able to give full-time football a go for the first time in our history. The transition, I suspect, was always likely to be difficult, and I would consider survival as a decent season, and of course vital to the plan. If we can bed in full-time football, we then have three seasons left of the five to try and build a team capable of challenging for promotion.

Let's also remember that we are arguably punching above our weight just to be playing at this level, with one of the lower budgets in the league and many strong clubs waiting in the leagues below (Kidderminster spring to mind). I am a long term supporter of realism, and the fact is that post Maunders, to be competing at National League/Conference level is a success. Let's try and enjoy it and give those who have got us here (and are trying to move the club forward) a chance.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 07:25:07 PM by Hugh »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 10:55:58 PM »

I don't think we are in the second season of the five year plan.

Having said that I'll keep turning up for the forseable.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 11:07:41 PM »

Might be the third, but I thought it was the second. Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2022, 09:03:11 AM »

I thought it was the first?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 10:34:21 AM »

I thought we got promotion back to the conference a year earlier than planned and this is our second season so I was thinking three at least. Doesn't really matter.

Fingers crossed for visible signs of improvement this afternoon!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2022, 12:48:14 PM »

Thought it was 5 years of being full time but I could be wrong (as usual 😂)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PP post match interview