PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Serious question
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Serious question  (Read 6495 times)

whiskyalty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Serious question
« on: September 17, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »

As much as I like Phil as a person and what he has done for the club. Is it now time for a change at the top or do we carry on with the way things are going. My opinion is to make the change now and give our self's a chance to stay in this league.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Serious question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 04:36:15 PM »

Firstly he needs own and accept we are currently in the sh*t. We are so much weaker than second half of last season. Needs to start with getting players match fit, they should be at least fitter than last year and they are way off.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 04:38:13 PM »

Give the one's not fit personal fitness plans to do in their own time.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 05:19:54 PM »

Personally think it's way to early to be considering this, given what PP has achieved here. Its obviously looking like a long season, but even if the worse does happen , for me I would be happy if PP was still here this time next year, though i appreciate I may in a diminishing proportion of the fan base, and I don't think PP helps himself by what he said after the SC**thorpe game.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 05:30:45 PM »

I’d be less confident of our chances with a new manager coming into this squad than with PP.  I know it’s a crap start but it’s his first stab at full time management and you have to give him a full season at it, almost no matter what. We were worried he’d go to notts county 8 games ago. Some perspective please!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 05:45:42 PM »

I’d be less confident of our chances with a new manager coming into this squad than with PP.  I know it’s a crap start but it’s his first stab at full time management and you have to give him a full season at it, almost no matter what. We were worried he’d go to notts county 8 games ago. Some perspective please!

Really? How many more games without a win is acceptable? Are you really saying that if the form doesn't improve that Parky should be kept for a relegation dog fight?

Parky has had a chance to build a full-time team, with his own vision, recruitment and training. Clearly, his inexperience as a full-time manager is showing.

We've been toothless upfront for the past two seasons. The failure to recruit properly in this position is the biggest failure of all.

Oh and Parky was offered the Notts job pre-season, which is 9 games ago. Maybe if he had gone, we would have got an experienced full-time manager in?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 05:55:20 PM »

Parkinson didnt win for 20 games last season. Another ten defeats could be killer.

Time for an ultimatium. Beat Aldershot or leave.
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 06:45:12 PM »

A question to answer is; has Parky been given the financial resources to compete and his recruitment is not up to the mark, or is he putting a team together on a full time budget  that has the word 'relegation budget' attached to it.

Would be interesting to know where we sit in the playing budget league and see where we are against teams like York, Gateshead, Dorking and Maidstone.
Always surprises me that we are outgunned by clubs like Bromley and Solihull.

Hopefully the next game is a win and gets us going....otherwise  :'(
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 06:47:35 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 07:03:03 PM »

Can you imagine if the money that has been set aside for going full time would have been put into a part time playing budget?
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 07:19:50 PM »

Can you imagine if the money that has been set aside for going full time would have been put into a part time playing budget?

Most people wanted the full time model. I don’t think that regretting it just 9 games in isnt fair to anybody

I accept a consistent goal scorer is required but I expect half the teams in any division would prefer one..

Personally I was of the opinion that we should have only gone full time once the finances were in place to sustain the playing budget for PP. Having said that, I have no idea what the budget was compared with other clubs in our league.

One thing I would say is, I’m not sure we should be signing players if they are never going to get a kick in the first team, regardless of what club they have come from.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 08:47:18 PM by distancetraveller »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 07:44:55 PM »

I think we got our recruitment all wrong - we let our decisions be guided by money (i.e. young, saleable prospects) rather than wily campaigners aged 28-32 that would aid our transition for the first season.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 10:16:21 PM »

Surprised we didn't go for a hybrid model this season, to at least reduce the turnover of players during the summer, and transition to full time next season.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 11:26:27 PM »

Surprised we didn't go for a hybrid model this season, to at least reduce the turnover of players during the summer, and transition to full time next season.

Totally agree

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 12:02:22 AM »

As poor as we are and as upset as everyone is at the moment , and i fully understand all the pessimism , i still believe that Phil and Neil have earned the right to be given more time to turn this around and i think the board will.  Right now fifth bottom is our target for the season , it's far too early to press the planic button at this stage in my opinion so give them till christmas say at least , unless there is no obvious sign of improvement before then.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 02:19:36 AM »

It's far too premature to state that the full-time model in itself has failed but it does appear at present that the protagonists are contriving to make an unholy hash of it.

As an astute Alty diehard messaged me last evening, blame the execution rather than the transition.

As MarpleAlty rightly observes earlier in this thread, our recruitment has been substandard (as, indeed, it was during the summer of 2021). The current crop of inchoate, slight academy youngsters are struggling to cope with the exacting physical demands of this league.

Meanwhile, we have become porous in defence and are persisting with an on-contract and non-scoring forward who, if we are being honest, we were hoping that Dartford would pay us some money for during pre-season.

Next Saturday's pivotal fixture against Aldershot Town is already evoking memories of that distinctly uncomfortable home game versus Lewes on Saturday, 20th September 2008, when the then manager Graham Heathcote found himself under intense pressure and vocal criticism from the Golf Road End following a record of gaining merely six points (one win and three draws) from the opening nine league matches.

I'd certainly settle for a repeat of that outcome of a 1-0 victory 14 years ago next Saturday.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Serious question