PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thead
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: SC**thorpe Match Thead  (Read 8392 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: SC**thorpe Match Thead
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2022, 06:16:46 PM »

I can see us shifting from being a part time club in a full time league last season, to being a full time club in a part time league next season.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2022, 06:36:03 PM »

We've played well for about 80 minutes in the games Ive seen.
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2022, 07:55:22 PM »

Normally think Parky gives an honest interview but that post match interview was utter bollocks. Worries me even more. The worst interview he has done and not helped by the interviewer putting nonsense into his mouth.They were better than us first half and caused more issues and then pressed us back 15 mins into the second half. What he said about Dinanga was a lie. This is the stubborn Parky that annoys me.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 08:01:45 PM by oneedham »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2022, 08:12:08 PM »

Dinanga is manifestly not the answer to our central striker/goalscoring issues, however I do think that it's a trifle unfair for him to be singled out in certain quarters as being the prime reason for our current malaise.

For my money, other players such as Hulme, Osborne, Colclough and (especially) James Jones have all been underwhelming to date this season.

Nondescript, frail young loanees are patently not going to dig us out of this current hole in this unforgiving division.

The squad presently looks gossamer-thin and appears littered with players such as Pringle, Conn-Clarke, Bennett, Malone, Jackson and Kaja (impressive though he was for the closing 20 minutes last evening) who seem incapable of putting in a competitive shift for a duration of even 60 minutes, nevermind 90.

Our overall game at present appears to mirror the J Davidson Stadium floodlights in that it is prone to instances of circuit failure.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 01:41:31 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2022, 12:29:49 AM »

Whilst I agree with 99% of Cult's post, I wouldn't write off the ability of Kaja to do a full 90 minutes, provided he was actually given a start !

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2022, 09:34:38 AM »

James Jones looks like the guy that played for us be fore but doesn’t play like him. Perhaps it’s the step up that’s a struggle for him. Played for us before at a lower level.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2022, 01:00:06 AM »

James Jones looks like the guy that played for us be fore but doesn’t play like him. Perhaps it’s the step up that’s a struggle for him. Played for us before at a lower level.

He's quite simply missing Tom Hannigan.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2022, 08:00:55 AM »

I haven't seen the team play this season so I will accept criticism from people who may say that I shouldn't be posting however, when reading all the posts there seems a theme that most feel the side is simply not good enough to compete successfully at National league level at least not just yet. I still have the club very much at heart and the results and comments are worrying. It would be a great shame if all the hard work of the last two or three season is undone. Let's hope for significant improvement and soon! It's OK to have full time fit footballers however, if they are not good or experienced enough well there's going to be more choppy waters. IMO the club should have gone with a hybrid system for this season where new younger players could have been introduced slowly surrounded by the experience of e.g. Moulty, Tom Hannigan, TT, and others! SBL   

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2022, 08:32:21 AM »

He's quite simply missing Tom Hannigan.
This

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2022, 09:17:27 AM »

I haven't seen the team play this season so I will accept criticism from people who may say that I shouldn't be posting however, when reading all the posts there seems a theme that most feel the side is simply not good enough to compete successfully at National league level at least not just yet. I still have the club very much at heart and the results and comments are worrying. It would be a great shame if all the hard work of the last two or three season is undone. Let's hope for significant improvement and soon! It's OK to have full time fit footballers however, if they are not good or experienced enough well there's going to be more choppy waters. IMO the club should have gone with a hybrid system for this season where new younger players could have been introduced slowly surrounded by the experience of e.g. Moulty, Tom Hannigan, TT, and others! SBL

The original plan was hybrid, and I think we're missing that here, a few more experienced heads.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2022, 09:45:36 AM »

The original plan was hybrid, and I think we're missing that here, a few more experienced heads.

When names like Ashley Hemmings (just one example) were being mooted pre-season on the forum, they were quickly dismissed - but in a men's league, you need some men. I'd have someone like him every day of the week over a fresh-faced loanee from an U23 league.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2022, 11:45:14 AM »

Correct,whatever happenned to the hybrid plan.
Harold
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thead