PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 7215 times)

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2022, 03:30:46 PM »

Finnquark, what a  :P. Why bring religion in to it ??? I wanted the game to go ahead too, and to show my respects with a minutes silence. You obviously have an anti-protestant/anti-monarchy agenda. Grow up FFS.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2022, 03:40:17 PM »

Are we seeing mass hysteria set in?

Yes.

Given the state of the country and the economy and the massive disruption caused by COVID postponing events like this is wrong.
It is because of Covid they can readily make such decisions. People got used to insane decisions being made with no logical basis and asked no questions for fear of being slapped down as a heretic
Example : cannot play a round of golf because it is very dangerous, but I have to keep construction work, where it is impossible to distance, on government contracts going. Perfectly safe when they need it to be and nobody challenges the logic.

So things like this are now so easy to implement without chalkenge or ridicule. Look forward to the power rationing in the winter and more postponed games. Its all for our own good, so no moaning please.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:43:58 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »

Not an ardent monarchist by any means but respected the Queen immensely.
A minutes silence and the National Anthem would have been enough for us all to have paid our respects.
Really can't understand why my girl's under 10s game has been cancelled. Completely over-the-top.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2022, 06:59:29 PM »

It’s the sheer lack of consistency that is stupefying. All football is off tomorrow, yet the Test Match and BMW Golf both go ahead tomorrow.

I’d really like a logical explanation for that !

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2022, 07:32:36 PM »

The authorities have stressed there is no protocol on the matter (rugby still going ahead as far as I understand).

Massive own goal by the National League as usual - as insensitive as it may sound, would have been a great chance to boost attendances across non-league for the day.

It was out of the National League's hands. The FA have called off football at all levels, including grassroots, over the weekend.
It was an over the top decision, I agree.

Ah, fair enough.

I do question the wisdom of shutting down a country that is already struggling.

There's never been much wisdom in evidence at the FA.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »

Some top brass at the FA staking their claim to a gong in the New Years Honours List. An utter nonsensical decision. Sale Sharks moved from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Grass roots cricket going ahead at least in Cheshire. St Leger moved Saturday to Sunday.
The Football Supporters Association proposed a period of silence before kick off where supporters could have the chance to show their respects collectively.
The decision was not taken with any kind of benevolent intent but some small minded individuals driven by self importance.
With the season already condensed due to the World Cup this doesn’t make any sense. Friday’s postponements were a show of respect. The message was passed. Taking it beyond that, save for a minute or twos silence, was nothing more than self indulgent.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:17:20 PM by rorysgrandad »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2022, 09:55:58 PM »

Virtue signalling?

This actually removes an opportunity for the players, club members and the fans to pay their respects and show their feelings for Her Majesty.
there are those who might have wanted to miss the game out of respect, and I understand that, but we don't have a choice. So many of us will still have to work - and it was bloody difficult facing customers having heard the news when they hadn't - but, imho, we have to carry on as much as possible.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2022, 10:22:11 PM »

No Alty, I'm of to Huddersfield to watch Salford Rugby, bonkers !!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2022, 11:30:31 PM »

Maybe get there early, if this bumper crowds theory is true?

Incidentally, the BBC text service still has "Cymru Premier" matches as taking place tomorrow. I assume this is another glitch, as Flint Town United v. Aberystwyth Town was off tonight.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2022, 12:06:14 AM »

Incidentally, the BBC text service still has "Cymru Premier" matches as taking place tomorrow. I assume this is another glitch, as Flint Town United v. Aberystwyth Town was off tonight.

Sale's RUFC game was moved from Friday to Saturday, so it's possible that the rest of the fixtures may still be on.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 12:32:41 AM »

Moving on from the rights and wrongs of the decision to postpone the game, I wonder if the club could possibly consider making some sort of a gesture to the Wealdstone supporters who have bought a ticket in good faith for this game, such as subsidising their travel costs for the rearranged fixture whenever that is played? If anyone deserves it, it is surely Wealdstone supporters, and I for one would be more than happy to make a contribution if there was a facility for doing so at the Sc*nthorpe game or some such.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 12:38:59 AM by Hugh »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2022, 09:33:41 AM »

There's no way we should be subsidising  Wealdstones fans travel. The FA should tho and every other fan who've been left out of pocket
Full time and proud of it

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 09:37:49 AM »

Sale's RUFC game was moved from Friday to Saturday, so it's possible that the rest of the fixtures may still be on.
The FA of Wales were slightly later than the other "home nations," but all football in Wales is off this weekend. Just checking now, the BBC website has caught up with this (I don't use text in 2022!).

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2022, 12:51:48 PM »

There's no way we should be subsidising  Wealdstones fans travel. The FA should tho and every other fan who've been left out of pocket
No way should we be subsidising another club due the the incomptetence of the FA and NL who support this bizarre decision.
No doubt I won"t be able to make the Tuesday night rearranged game.....will the FA send me a refund ::)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 01:38:36 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2022, 04:54:53 PM »

If the reason for postponing the football was because they thought Celtic and Liverpool wouldn't respect the protocol, then that is a poor show. If Celtic and Liverpool didn't want to pay their respects then that is up to them. To deny the majority of football supporters to pay their respects then that is lack of respect from the FA.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread