News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An irresistible opportunity to eat pizza in Fleetwood on a Tuesday afternoon

Author Topic: An irresistible opportunity to eat pizza in Fleetwood on a Tuesday afternoon  (Read 2360 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

A nice refresher for Ollie Byrne and (hopefully) another step on the comeback trail for Ross Barrows:

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2022/august/dev-squad-friendly-match/

https://www.poolfootfarm.co.uk/pizza-calcio/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:19:46 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Good idea this - would expect a few people to be involved alongside some youth - Byrne, Barrows, possibly Cooper, Pringle, Samizadeh, Kaja... etc

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Apparently we won 3-1 with Dinanga 2 goals and pringle the other. Byrne played as did Barrows.

Look forward to match report later. clearly Dinanga knows where the net is. just need to find a way to utilise his skills the best way for us.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

You spoke slightly too soon.

It was 3 x 30 mins.

We won 4-3.

Kaja put us 4-1 up before they got a couple back .

Before anyone gets too excited at us beating their u23s just be aware that they’re at home to Everton tonight…

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It was 3 x 30 mins.

We won 4-3.

Before anyone gets too excited at us beating their u23s just be aware that they’re at home to Everton tonight…
Had a good workout hopefully.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

KAJAGOOalGOOal

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It was 3 x 30 mins.

We won 4-3.

Least we put the ball in the net and played Full backs.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I’ve always maintained that Dinanga LOOKS a football player and I kept waiting and waiting for him to get the results I expected. Both he and Jordan haven’t been getting the service they need to thrive on as strikers. The loss of Marriott and Kosylo has reduced our energy and subsequently the speed we move the ball offensively. Defensively I’m convinced Byrne will make a big difference. He’s an organiser as well as an accomplished and still improving keeper.  I’ve faith in the management team finding the answers and move us onwards and upwards.
P.S. just been in Wetherspoons Stretford on my travels and seen Hobgoblin £2.19. Sorry, wrong thread!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Sounds like a useful workout, I just hope we emerged unscathed and with no additional knocks / injuries.

Hopefully Byrne and Barrows will go straight in on Saturday; Toby will be centre half, so it'll be interesting to see who his partner is.

I hope it's Baines, but something tells me Parky might persist with him at left back with a Jones-Mullarkey partnership in the middle.

As per my suggestion on the other thread, I think I'd drop Osborne for Pringle at this stage, and I think Dinanga deserves a go from the start too.

Conn-Clarke at No10 and Kaja on the wing.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 04:16:46 PM by MarpleAlty »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Jones and Mullarky will be PP's centre back partnership and will flourish as a pairing.
Personally I'd play Kaja at 10 (which I believe is his preferred position), but there may be some agreement in place to start both Bennett and Conn-Clarke.
Was rather hoping Sami would fill the wing void but he doesn't appear to be in favour with PP.
Agree re. Dinanga for Jordan though, why not?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I’ve always maintained that Dinanga LOOKS a football player and I kept waiting and waiting for him to get the results I expected. Both he and Jordan haven’t been getting the service they need to thrive on as strikers. The loss of Marriott and Kosylo has reduced our energy and subsequently the speed we move the ball offensively. Defensively I’m convinced Byrne will make a big difference. He’s an organiser as well as an accomplished and still improving keeper.  I’ve faith in the management team finding the answers and move us onwards and upwards.
P.S. just been in Wetherspoons Stretford on my travels and seen Hobgoblin £2.19. Sorry, wrong thread!

Agree with RorysG on Dinanga....got to be something there. Just not clicking with us - not sure why. Thoughts ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 An irresistible opportunity to eat pizza in Fleetwood on a Tuesday afternoon