PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Popside standing
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Popside standing  (Read 6225 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Popside standing
« on: August 20, 2022, 04:00:29 PM »

Still no pitchside standing......Welsh FA must be handling it >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Popside standing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 07:16:01 PM »

Why did we get these barriers anyway, rather than the rather more solid seeming structure we used to have? Money, I suppose?

Am I right in thinking that it's just a question of getting the fencing tested rather than necessarily making any changes to it? And when will we be back in the corner at the back of the pop side?

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 08:30:45 PM »

Please don't walk in front of the press box. I won't tell you again.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 08:54:40 PM »

I don’t know what all the fuss is about the barriers I was leaning quite hard against them prior to kick off and they seem well capable of supporting people

Oh hang on Bloody H&S

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 09:14:53 PM »

So did the barriers at Burnden Park until 80,000 crammed in. And I well remember the incident at the Huddersfield cup match. For all I know, it might be a different story with dozens of people rushing against those flimsy looking fences.

Of more interest to me from a safety point of view is the continued insistence at this level of obscuring the windows in the CSH during play, especially with the issues over getting everyone served during half  time. I hope the authorities will relent eventually, at least for some games at this level, and I would personally rate the increased risks from opening the windows at effectively zero. It might even be less of a risk, with less of a rush to try and get drinks during half time if people are not missing the match in the CSH (or alternatively allowed onto the terraces with hem). It seems something of an anomaly that big matches can be screened at crowded pubs with supporters of both teams mixing, but in the home only CSH, it is apparently too dangerous. Seriously, who is going to behave more dangerously if the windows are open there?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 09:56:00 PM »

I don’t understand why both fans can’t enjoy a drink in the CSH most other clubs welcome opposition fans in there club bar. We must be dipping out on thousand of pounds of income by not allowing them in

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 10:13:34 PM »

One reason might be that we find it difficult to get served as it is!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 10:15:25 PM »

It’s a safety and stewarding thing I’d have thought given our social club is located inside of the ground-it wouldn’t be too hard to envisage a situation in a segregated game where away supporters got into the Golf Road via the CSH. What should be a priority is finding a way to sell booze to away fans on the Chequers End (once we’ve finally sorted the FZ out at our end).

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 10:38:41 PM »

Couldn't we sell booze from a kiosk in the away end? (card only) Even at the food outlet?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »

So did the barriers at Burnden Park until 80,000 crammed in. And I well remember the incident at the Huddersfield cup match. For all I know, it might be a different story with dozens of people rushing against those flimsy looking fences.

Of more interest to me from a safety point of view is the continued insistence at this level of obscuring the windows in the CSH during play, especially with the issues over getting everyone served during half  time. I hope the authorities will relent eventually, at least for some games at this level, and I would personally rate the increased risks from opening the windows at effectively zero. It might even be less of a risk, with less of a rush to try and get drinks during half time if people are not missing the match in the CSH (or alternatively allowed onto the terraces with hem). It seems something of an anomaly that big matches can be screened at crowded pubs with supporters of both teams mixing, but in the home only CSH, it is apparently too dangerous. Seriously, who is going to behave more dangerously if the windows are open there?
The shutters are down during play because that’s either the law, or league regulations, or both at this level and above. No alcohol can be consumed in view of the pitch while the game is in progress.  It has been this way for many years. While the Fanzone was open last season, the stewards had a constant battle to stop people straying in to view of the pitch.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 12:33:53 PM »

It’s a safety and stewarding thing I’d have thought given our social club is located inside of the ground-it wouldn’t be too hard to envisage a situation in a segregated game where away supporters got into the Golf Road via the CSH. What should be a priority is finding a way to sell booze to away fans on the Chequers End (once we’ve finally sorted the FZ out at our end).

Surely they could make the access from the Moss lane side of the CSH and just steward away fans from the golf road/toilet part of the ground.

I don’t use the CSH that much due to the fact I am no longer local to Alty. I do get the impression that the CSH is there more for other clubs and crèches that use it rather than a match day facility for fans. Acoustically it is a barn of a place which doesn’t encourage general chit chat as the noise is deafening  maybe carpeting is the way to sort this problem. Plus another toilet facility at the main stand end of the hall would be appropriate

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2022, 12:44:38 PM »

Surely they could make the access from the Moss lane side of the CSH and just steward away fans from the golf road/toilet part of the ground.

I don’t use the CSH that much due to the fact I am no longer local to Alty. I do get the impression that the CSH is there more for other clubs and crèches that use it rather than a match day facility for fans. Acoustically it is a barn of a place which doesn’t encourage general chit chat as the noise is deafening  maybe carpeting is the way to sort this problem. Plus another toilet facility at the main stand end of the hall would be appropriate

From a logistical point of view which entrance would be used that avoids away fans straying into home areas? I don't see how it's workable tbh.

In defence of the CSH, it was never built as a pure bar facility and so it is going to have its critics for the type of atmosphere in there. Putting a carpet in will then render it useless for a lot of the community stuff that it was built for. I doubt we would have got a lot of the funding for it in the first place of it didn't have its non bar on matchday roles.

I noted the constant tannoy requests about not crossing the main stand in front of the press box. Well, I went across the gangway behind the directors box and got daggers from one or two sat by there. Where else to go from one end of the stand to the toilets and catering? It's impossible and the club needs to understand this a bit more.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2022, 12:51:51 PM »

If that bit you walked across is the designated way across then it probably needs marking out as such. It’s not actually that visible if you’re not a regular.

I didn’t get daggers as such but I was walking across the view of 20 people with my 2 boys rather than brushing past 3 media people so I can see why upset.

There’s no other facilities on the other side of the stand is there.

That said, it’s a relative non issue in the scheme of things.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2022, 02:21:43 PM »

I have previously touched on the lack of facilities serving the main stand . It's ridiculous that we have to make our way to the corner of the ground for (especially) toilets and refreshments.  I do understand that food and drink can be brought in to the ground by ourselves but toilets should be a given.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 02:46:12 PM »

I have previously touched on the lack of facilities serving the main stand . It's ridiculous that we have to make our way to the corner of the ground for (especially) toilets and refreshments.  I do understand that food and drink can be brought in to the ground by ourselves but toilets should be a given.
    I need to add that my feelings are mostly motivated with thoughts of the many fans who have certain mobility issues (not myself fortunately) , but i have seen many who do .
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Popside standing