PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?  (Read 11320 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 17, 2022, 01:34:04 PM »

I notice that the following latest fundraising scheme was announced via the club's website yesterday:

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/alty-for-all-new-crowdfunding-campaign-gives-fans-an-opportunity-to-join-the-journey

I believe that this new scheme is the brainwave of our American and Canadian directors?

I presume that it's a revised incarnation of the proposal at last year's AGM by which the club's current shareholders were asked to vote for an issue of 'B' shares to up to 100 interested parties, each of whom would buy shares to the value of £7,5k, thereby yielding a pot of £750k to fund the transition to full-time football?

Those investors would then be rewarded with a dividend of sorts 'when' the club achieved promotion to the Football League, all of which seems rather disrespectful to the club's exisiting shareholders (but that factor probably isn't on our colonial friends' radar).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 02:30:38 PM »

As a shareholder myself, I am concerned the club has bitten off more than it can chew.
This is a strange initiative after so many other schemes recently.
I would like to think the club would issue a statement that takes the concern away.
I wouldn’t want us sharing the same league as Macc.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 03:49:45 PM »

I wouldn’t want us sharing the same league as Macc.

Worst case scenario : if we were to suffer consecutive relegations again, while the sheep botherers got promoted twice, the problem wouldn't arise, as they'd pass us on their way up.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 03:53:18 PM »

It is far from strange to raise capital via crowdsourcing platforms, least alone Seedrs which is one of the two best in my experience.

Why does it matter who/where the idea came from? It's smart and opens us up to awareness and new audiences (do I need to dig out the hundreds of mentions on here at the lack of investment over the past 20 years?).

Want to get in on the dividend for met targets? Why not increase your shareholding via this scheme? Varied offering promotions are regular in our society... What free phone can you get with your new contract today compared to 6 months ago?

Want a statement on the statement about the coming launch statement? You're too crazy for words in that case.

I heard Ashton United have a ground that is near to falling apart and a nice red and white kit to cheer on, not to mention a bar that serves hand pulled cask ale. Zero sign of a fan zone and absolutely no ambition to be the best team in their town nevermind their council borough. Up the Robins.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 04:23:08 PM »

I despise the word crowdfunding, ever since ever dick tom and harry project comes around.

This is an investment round; of which I expect there many have already been a few, and expect more to come, which is normal.

I think if it was worded as investment opportunity, Fans below in this thread may be thinking a lot more possitivly.

Anyway, up the EFL Robins, I said to Bill the day he joined the board, the sooner we accept we're going to be an EFL club, the sooner it'll happen.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 08:10:33 PM »

It is far from strange to raise capital via crowdsourcing platforms, least alone Seedrs which is one of the two best in my experience.

Why does it matter who/where the idea came from? It's smart and opens us up to awareness and new audiences (do I need to dig out the hundreds of mentions on here at the lack of investment over the past 20 years?).

Want to get in on the dividend for met targets? Why not increase your shareholding via this scheme? Varied offering promotions are regular in our society... What free phone can you get with your new contract today compared to 6 months ago?

Want a statement on the statement about the coming launch statement? You're too crazy for words in that case.

I heard Ashton United have a ground that is near to falling apart and a nice red and white kit to cheer on, not to mention a bar that serves hand pulled cask ale. Zero sign of a fan zone and absolutely no ambition to be the best team in their town nevermind their council borough. Up the Robins.

I thought United had one of the best fan zones I've seen, they just don't call it that. And do stop sniping.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 09:53:21 AM »

I’ve heard of another fundraising initiative due to be implemented shortly. This will involve the installation of carousels on the ground side of the turnstiles. Then, once you’ve been frisked by the stewards, anyone found to have cash in their pockets will be allowed through the turnstiles and strapped into the carousel. When the carousel is rotated vertically any money that falls out of your pocket, wallet or handbag will disappear down a chute to a vault labelled “For the benefit of Altrincham FC”, under Dawn’s cabin.

At the same time the club shop will be selling framed photographs showing the many ways you can milk the same cow. The cow will be on its knees.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 10:10:40 AM »

I thought United had one of the best fan zones I've seen, they just don't call it that. And do stop sniping.

Hey Hugh, great to hear from you. I'm still awaiting your response to several questions in the off topic forum.

As far as taking advice from yourself, I think hell will freeze over before that is a wise idea.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 02:41:26 PM »

What was the sniping? I thought the comment Amsterdam was referring too was doing the sniping?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 05:36:44 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 09:39:41 PM »

Hey Hugh, great to hear from you. I'm still awaiting your response to several questions in the off topic forum.

As far as taking advice from yourself, I think hell will freeze over before that is a wise idea.

Not much point, you didn't seem to take on board a lot of what I did post. Anyway, I was only posting on the subject because it was having a serious impact on the club and its fans, which will hopefully no longer be the case.

Seriously though, why do you feel so strongly about this (and why do you keep sniping)? I would happily take advice from you if I thought it was good advice (and it may well be on some things), and I think it's a pity you seem to have such a bee in your bonnet about this (among other things).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 09:47:10 PM by Hugh »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 09:24:02 AM »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2022, 09:47:22 AM »

Not much point, you didn't seem to take on board a lot of what I did post. Anyway, I was only posting on the subject because it was having a serious impact on the club and its fans, which will hopefully no longer be the case.

Seriously though, why do you feel so strongly about this (and why do you keep sniping)? I would happily take advice from you if I thought it was good advice (and it may well be on some things), and I think it's a pity you seem to have such a bee in your bonnet about this (among other things).
Hugh,

:-*(obligatory brackets)

Kind Regards

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2022, 02:58:20 PM »

Hugh v Amsterdam Alty sumo wrestling in a pub car park?
If we don’t do it Sky will. 😂😂😂

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 09:05:54 AM »

Hugh v Amsterdam Alty sumo wrestling in a pub car park?
If we don’t do it Sky will. 😂😂😂
I'm strictly down for bikini mud wrestling only.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team