PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yeovil Match Thread  (Read 6035 times)

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2022, 05:46:14 PM »

How many times do we seem to go in to a new season with key players/new signings out injured?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2022, 11:57:11 PM »

Cult : you're turning into a teaser....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2022, 09:30:33 AM »

Having seen the highlights this morning, I think Mee probably could have done better with the goals, but not should have done better if you know what I mean.

They were quite clean strikes that were close to him, if he’d managed to save them they’d have been good saves. I’ve seen them saved like but I think I’d probably be criticising for criticisings sake if I was too grumpy with him about it.

The play looks a lot quicker on the highlights than it did at the actual game incidentally.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2022, 09:36:32 AM »

Having seen the highlights this morning, I think Mee probably could have done better with the goals, but not should have done better if you know what I mean.

They were quite clean strikes that were close to him, if he’d managed to save them they’d have been good saves. I’ve seen them saved like but I think I’d probably be criticising for criticisings sake if I was too grumpy with him about it.

The play looks a lot quicker on the highlights than it did at the actual game incidentally.
Ballers, I thought the same, but we should have defended the first shot better and not played a silly back pass without looking. Overall I still think we dropped points. Need to be more clinical and cut out the daft mistakes. Frustrating as now training full time, but I get its a newish team.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2022, 10:05:50 AM »

1.5x speed works miracles on video editing software.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2022, 01:56:35 PM »

1.5x speed works miracles on video editing software.

If only it worked on the pitch 🙄

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2022, 11:22:11 PM »

Why is this thread pinned?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2022, 08:19:45 AM »

Bernard Taylors barmy army

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2022, 09:30:14 AM »

After seeing youg families looking for toilets on the family stand side of the main stand then trying to work out how to get across to the Main bar would it make any sense to remove the row of seats directly behind the directors creating a clear pathway from one side to the other and think about a few portaloos to the family stand side of the main stand?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2022, 08:31:24 PM »

Their kit was pretty rammy though

It was horrendous, and unnecessary for a team who normally wear green to switch to stripes !

Was it mind games I wonder (like that team who forced Altrincham to kick towards the Golf Road End in the first half a few years ago when they were all set to kick towards the Chequers End as usual)? Hard to think of another reason.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2022, 08:42:38 PM »

Isn't it odd how, when you use players who look forward and actually attack the opposition, you look dangerous and even score goals.
I think it's worth relinquishing our position related to possession if we can get a goal or two.

Far too often we go backwards and sideways to keep the ball.
It's doing that cost the second goal which, incidentally,  came from our throw

I remember Paul Scholes once bemoaning players attempting over-ambitious passes rather than playing the simple ball to keep possession. Though to be fair I also remember us joking about Barrow's lovely passing football right up to the half way line!

During the Euros I used to get frustrated with Sterling losing the ball, but I guess if he didn't try these things which often ended up in losing possession, he also wouldn't get the game changing moments of brilliance where they come off.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2022, 08:57:48 PM »

Isn't it odd how, when you use players who look forward and actually attack the opposition, you look dangerous and even score goals.
I think it's worth relinquishing our position related to possession if we can get a goal or two.

Far too often we go backwards and sideways to keep the ball.
It's doing that cost the second goal which, incidentally,  came from our throw

I remember Paul Scholes once bemoaning players attempting over-ambitious passes rather than playing the simple ball to keep possession. Though to be fair I also remember us joking about Barrow's lovely passing football right up to the half way line!

During the Euros I used to get frustrated with Sterling losing the ball, but I guess if he didn't try these things which often ended up in losing possession, he also wouldn't get the game changing moments of brilliance where they come off.
Ultimately it's striking the correct balance.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Match Thread