Goals
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Goals  (Read 4821 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Goals
« on: August 16, 2022, 09:46:07 PM »

Been mentioned numerous times but it is a big worry where goals are going to come from......

At the moment we are weaker than last season.

Mooney gone.

Two of our best performers second of half of last season in Kossy and Marriott out for months. Kossy was bagging a few goals.

We need full backs who can be a threat going forward as it is vital to our game. Brockbank is currently a worry and Toby is a CB. Hopefully Barrows can be one.

Con-Clarke and Bennett are talents but I think we can only get away with playing one of them. Give Sami a few games out wide. Sounded a threat in the 10 mins he had tonight, not at all been given a fair crack yet.

I would give Pringle or Bennett no.10.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Goals
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:02:45 PM »

Can confirm that Toby should not play right wing at all.

Not sure CCC and Bennet are up to it. One of them is most certainly enough.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 10:03:59 PM »

I wonder if Alex Sami should start - or is he just an impact player?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 02:10:11 AM »

Barrows came through a full reserve game today (and scored a goal) so maybe ready to play on Saturday ?

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 08:06:01 AM »

The best Parky football over the seasons has come when we’ve had full backs firing on all cylinders, whether that be when Hampson and White arrived in the NPL, or Senior in the NL. They were quite comfortable in putting 2, often 3 players on Colclough last night because Baines simply was not an offensive problem. Trying to play the way we do with our two best centre halves (IMO) at RB/LB really does limit our ability to attack, but it’s not a situation anyone wanted.

It seems like we may have Barrows back on Saturday and I’m still quite high on Brockbank myself. Sami needs to start, we can’t score 1 goal in three games and not switch up our attacking options.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 08:51:56 AM »

Everyone knows I like Alex Sami as a player, I've said so often enough on this site. He came on for 10 mins or so, and twice opened up the scoring opportunities. I know he gave away a needless foul but we need to get more opportunities in the box for the likes of Jordan and Marcus. Both have proved they can score when given the opportunities and Alex Sami has the ability to open up defences.

If it were me, I would give him his chance on Saturday and take a punt on him. He will bring others into the game, and odds are on that we will get something from his play. I can see Yeovil struggling against him too. For me he has earned a starting place, all he has to do then is make sure he keeps it. We need an assist king and we have one, but he is no good on the bench. Give him his chance from the start, right wing, left wing or interchanging with Ryan Colclough, I don't care. But we need goals quick, and chances. We aren't getting enough to score goals from.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 08:59:13 AM »

Everyone knows I like Alex Sami as a player, I've said so often enough on this site. He came on for 10 mins or so, and twice opened up the scoring opportunities. I know he gave away a needless foul but we need to get more opportunities in the box for the likes of Jordan and Marcus. Both have proved they can score when given the opportunities and Alex Sami has the ability to open up defences.

If it were me, I would give him his chance on Saturday and take a punt on him. He will bring others into the game, and odds are on that we will get something from his play. I can see Yeovil struggling against him too. For me he has earned a starting place, all he has to do then is make sure he keeps it. We need an assist king and we have one, but he is no good on the bench. Give him his chance from the start, right wing, left wing or interchanging with Ryan Colclough, I don't care. But we need goals quick, and chances. We aren't getting enough to score goals from.
I'm right with you on Sami Steve. He's different class. If he gets his chance and we're wrong fair enough. We'll never know if we don't let him loose.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 11:28:24 AM »

Think you might be going slightly over the top on Sami but when he came on last night he at least looked arsed, which is a start.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 12:08:16 PM »

The new Carlos Logan!
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 12:15:16 PM »

When Mooney first came he ran into players, he was striking the ball over and wide, often injured but we played him and his confidence grew. Give Sami the game time.

I have noticed with PP is that he gives players who came with a fee a lot games even when they have been poor or average.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 06:36:38 PM »

That was awful.

Made Yeovil look organised because there were no direct penetrating runs causing them issues.

Who the hell voted Bennett MOTM, way way off, blowing out his arse after 10 mins.

Con-Clarke stepped it up second half but not sure he is the answer out wide or no.10. Jordan is so isolated.
We had this problem before and only Hanks and Kossy got up with Jord.

The back 4 of CB's is restricting us. I was wrong about playing Baines LB. We need a new attacking LB. Jones has been poor since returning. Cooper is so overrated, I personally feel he is in a league too high. Thought the same when he was on loan to us.
Get Barrows in this team.

Apart from Colclough and Toby the two players we did not wanting getting injured were Kossy and Marriott. I am worried about us.

No idea what Sami has done not to get a run out.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 06:46:41 PM by oneedham »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 09:17:15 PM »

Well I thought that Kaja's header for the goal was very good at least. If he is one of the second half subs who helped turn the game on its head against the Manchester United XI, I think he promises to be a good signing.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 09:45:47 PM »

Agree about Kaja. I hope he can build on today's cameo appearance. Who gave away the second goal? Shocking.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2022, 09:51:33 PM »

I wouldn’t mind seeing both Jordon and Marcus starting together up top. I would certainly give Kaja a start. Not sure about Bennet, we also need our fullbacks getting forward, would rather see Toby in his usual position at Centre back,

The defensive players are conceding goals through personal errors, they must concentrate more otherwise this season is going to be a slog.

Mee has had a baptism of fire, only a young lad, getting Byrne back will give the defence a confidence boost.

I realise that Kossy and Isaac are a big miss but we have to overcome there absence,

Work in progress,
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:17:39 PM by distancetraveller »

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »

I think there was lots of frustration on the terraces with the constantly playing backwards to keep the ball, we seamed to be a real threat when we pushed and opened up.

I'm ok for us to loose the ball when being proactive, win the ball back and go again.

Ryan had a quiet game by his standards, yet still a real threat every time he got the ball.

Early days, and in all honesty we are far far better than Yeovil, I guess that's why we're frustrated.

Push on boys.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goals