PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Maidenhead Match Thread  (Read 6566 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Maidenhead Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2022, 09:24:15 AM »

Well, that was pretty poor if I’m honest. Ponderous and timid in possession, no flexibility, some positional changes that didn’t work and gifted them two goals.

It’s not the time to panic or get too down about it but we’ve got to take the bull by the horns and get serious now. Sort the goal keeper situation, tell Barrows to get fit, sign at least two more adults who’ve played football and get aggressive in the final third.

We’ve essentially done the same passing over and over again and expected a different result. Insanity?

Baines held up well, we didn’t look too threatened by them but it was like a training ground game. Need to crack on now.

Good post.  It's very unfortunate that Dermot Mee's first significant contribution was to make a mistake which led to a goal, but that was the case, and his team-mates therefore have that worrying lack of confidence in him.

We actually had two strikers on for a time tonight, but stiil seem to be prone to pass it around the circle that one time too often, trying to find the perfect opportunity rather than have a go at goal.

The players aren't suddenly bad players though, so we can turn this around, starting against a Yeovil Town team who have had a worse start than us.

In fairness to Mee,  anyone who T**ts a ball from near enough half way unnanounced is going to struggle to control it.

Clearly the ball caught him out as it probably wouldnt have been deemed a backpass.

He made two great saves at 1 nil.

Couldn’t make last night but fact of the matter re Mee is that United are trusting us with one of their kids for an extended period for the first time in god knows how many years-for the long term health of the club that can only be a good thing. Now, if only we could get City to do the same…

I thought the same, obviously the lad needs to perform but hopefully we look after him and it's the start of a decent long term relationship.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 10:13:28 AM »

Two poor goals to concede from our perspective.

Could easily have been after Jones got dispossessed on the half way line
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 07:07:25 PM »

I know that Mee makes a hash of things for Maidenhead's opening goal but what on earth was that bizarre backpass all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd96SPx4eyg
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2022, 07:49:31 PM »

I know that Mee makes a hash of things for Maidenhead's opening goal but what on earth was that bizarre backpass all about?

Yes, as I had said earlier, it was very unfortunate at the start of Mee's first game, but, as the ball seemed to come completely out of the blue, I  hadn't realised live that it was actually some sort of backpass.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2022, 09:36:11 PM »

Well, that was pretty poor if I’m honest. Ponderous and timid in possession, no flexibility, some positional changes that didn’t work and gifted them two goals.

It’s not the time to panic or get too down about it but we’ve got to take the bull by the horns and get serious now. Sort the goal keeper situation, tell Barrows to get fit, sign at least two more adults who’ve played football and get aggressive in the final third.

We’ve essentially done the same passing over and over again and expected a different result. Insanity?

Baines held up well, we didn’t look too threatened by them but it was like a training ground game. Need to crack on now.

Good post.  It's very unfortunate that Dermot Mee's first significant contribution was to make a mistake which led to a goal, but that was the case, and his team-mates therefore have that worrying lack of confidence in him.

We actually had two strikers on for a time tonight, but stiil seem to be prone to pass it around the circle that one time too often, trying to find the perfect opportunity rather than have a go at goal.

The players aren't suddenly bad players though, so we can turn this around, starting against a Yeovil Town team who have had a worse start than us.

In fairness to Mee,  anyone who T**ts a ball from near enough half way unnanounced is going to struggle to control it.

Clearly the ball caught him out as it probably wouldnt have been deemed a backpass.

Couldn’t make last night but fact of the matter re Mee is that United are trusting us with one of their kids for an extended period for the first time in god knows how many years-for the long term health of the club that can only be a good thing. Now, if only we could get City to do the same…

I thought the same, obviously the lad needs to perform but hopefully we look after him and it's the start of a decent long term relationship.

He’ll never ever play a first team game for Man Utd so they’re entrusting us with rock all if we’re honest about it.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2022, 10:17:20 PM »

Dear me. "Time, time", the correct shout. The first rule of defence - if in doubt, get rid. In fact, I suspect Oliver Byrne may well have prevented both goals. I'd like to know the Welsh FA's (or whoever) excuse.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2022, 10:27:30 PM »

Dear me. "Time, time", the correct shout. The first rule of defence - if in doubt, get rid. In fact, I suspect Oliver Byrne may well have prevented both goals. I'd like to know the Welsh FA's (or whoever) excuse.

It reminded me very much of Andrew Dawber's howler at Halifax. Under 23 football is a poor preparation for National League.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2022, 10:51:17 PM »

what a ridiculous back pass. Put the keeper in a totally unnecessary situation
Come on you red and white........

andrewflynn

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2022, 10:09:57 AM »

He’ll never ever play a first team game for Man Utd so they’re entrusting us with rock all if we’re honest about it.

I'm not expecting Garnacho to rock up any time soon but I think both parties can benefit from us taking on lads who are looking to make it as a solid EFL pro.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2022, 10:29:01 AM »

I'd rather us look at lads who've atleast played a competitive football pyramid game at our level or higher.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Maidenhead Match Thread