PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 8771 times)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2022, 06:28:31 PM »

If Gould has to go through a concussion protocol, who's in goal on Tuesday night?

This delay in getting Ollie sorted out is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 06:37:55 PM by CRT Butty »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2022, 07:18:25 PM »

it was another great result,i feared the worse when gould got injured
Harold

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2022, 07:21:58 PM »

If Gould has to go through a concussion protocol, who's in goal on Tuesday night?

This delay in getting Ollie sorted out is ludicrous.

That keeper on loan at Alsager? An emergency signing (not Ian Senior presumably😎) ?

Seriously, why is the Byrne business taking longer than my passport? The whole thing's ludicrous.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 07:24:44 PM by Hugh »

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2022, 08:23:14 PM »

Have the Welsh FA given any indication when they will get round to dealing with this matter? Surely must be some sort of timeframe in place. This could easily have cost us a point although Jordan would probably disagree. Perhaps Ollie Byrne could change his name by deed poll to Gareth Bale.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2022, 08:24:58 PM »

One of the features of the game is that Charles-Cook was busier than Gould and Hulme put together., and had to make some good saves We were the better team until Matt Gould's unfortunate injury, and then end up being very happy to get a point, although we still had chances late on.

Who will be in goal on  Tuesday against a Maidenhead team who got a very good result today? Hopefully, Ollie Byrne's clearance will be expedited, but I am not sure if we would plunge Ryan Forde straight in, if not, and may instead go for a loan signing.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2022, 09:21:22 PM »

We signed Ollie Byrne on June the 26th. That's six weeks ago. Going purely on gut instinct this isn't a simple admin oversight in my view, there's something else amiss here.

I had a quick look at the fa website, no guidance as to how long it should take but I did come across a story about a Reading player who had to wait in excess of 30 days during which time he couldn't play in any game in front of a crowd, BCD only.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »

We signed Ollie Byrne on June the 26th. That's six weeks ago. Going purely on gut instinct this isn't a simple admin oversight in my view, there's something else amiss here.

I had a quick look at the fa website, no guidance as to how long it should take but I did come across a story about a Reading player who had to wait in excess of 30 days during which time he couldn't play in any game in front of a crowd, BCD only.

Wrexham must have to deal with international clearance via the FA of Wales on quite a regular basis - and I bet it all runs like clockwork for them !

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2022, 09:36:38 PM »

Wrexham must have to deal with international clearance via the FA of Wales on quite a regular basis - and I bet it all runs like clockwork for them !

Given the number of clubs that border the two this has to be a fairly routine matter for the FAW. That's why I have a feeling something ain't quite right.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2022, 09:37:53 PM »

Who will be in goal on  Tuesday against a Maidenhead team who got a very good result today? Hopefully, Ollie Byrne's clearance will be expedited, but I am not sure if we would plunge Ryan Forde straight in, if not, and may instead go for a loan signing.

JH in the net, Dinanga up front. Sorted!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2022, 09:41:15 PM »

I’ve seen Jordan carrying three pints in the CSH and not spilling a drop. Steady pair of hands and a well known goalkeeper training routine.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2022, 09:45:19 PM »

I’ve seen Jordan carrying three pints in the CSH and not spilling a drop. Steady pair of hands and a well known goalkeeper training routine.
I must say he did nothing wrong - apart from getting booked by the referee for time-wasting immediately after he had told him to stop wasting time.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2022, 10:03:51 PM »

I must say he did nothing wrong - apart from getting booked by the referee for time-wasting immediately after he had told him to stop wasting time.

There isn’t a goalie alive that isn’t adept at time wasting. Jordon was probably just doing a Tony Thompson

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2022, 10:10:52 PM »

There isn’t a goalie alive that isn’t adept at time wasting. Jordon was probably just doing a Tony Thompson

Ah, but a regular goalie like Tony Thompson has the skills to make the time-wasting look a bit less obvious.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2022, 10:24:44 PM »

Some years ago at Aldershot I think it was Richard Acton in goal, every time we got a goal kick he moved it to the other corner of the box. Drove the home support mad!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2022, 10:30:53 PM »

I think the best I've seen (apart from possibly Stuart Coburn at Cambridge) is still Peter Jamieson for Blyth. I remember at one point I threw the ball back to him from the back of the Chequers End (after he had called for the ball back) and he stood stock still as the ball sailed past him within inches of his fingers. The FA really should tweak the rules so that it is an actual bookable offence when keepers take the p.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread