News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2022/23 Season

Author Topic: 2022/23 Season  (Read 1378 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
2022/23 Season
« on: August 06, 2022, 06:32:42 AM »

Well all, I can tell it's the start of the new season. Woke up this morning at 0430am and was unable to get back to sleep again, so came downstairs.

The reason for this is typical of me, my mind becomes active as soon as I wake up as it runs over with anticipation for what will happen this season. However, this time there is the addition of our club starting full time for the first time in it's history, a new fresh challenge for the club. I must admit I haven't a clue how we are going to get on this season. It will, I think, be completely different from all previous ones. This is one of the reasons why I woke early. I think during the close season, Phil and Neil made the right calls with the squad signings, but time will tell. I do feel we may be better than expected to be honest, and we will be unknown quantity to all the other teams; it really could go either way. My own feeling is we could be top half of the table, but I really don't know where. Stand-out players this season I think will be James Jones, Josh Lundstram, Jordan of course and Ryan Colclough. All of the squad are going to have their moments, and we did well to get that win last week against MUFC. My surprise package this season though is Alex Sami, our very own pocket-rocket. His career seemed to go into a hiatus when he went to Scotland to play for Kilmarnock, probrably because of his first move away from home. Brian interviewed him on Alty TV, and I found it very interesting to listen to. I wish him the best of luck, but if anyone can bring his career back on track, it is Phil and Neil. I also think Amar Hussain will find his feet this season.

I really feel for Isaac and Matty suffering injuries before the season starts. I really hope they are back in the squad sooner rather than later, but I know it is going to be difficult for them. I wish them all the best and I am sure we will see them very soon.

Our squad are a nice bunch of lads, I met them at the open day and chatted to a few of them, including Matty and Alex Sami. I am very excited about today's game. My prediction for the final score, sorry but I am going to stick my neck out here - 4-1 to Alty, but really I have no idea. Maidstone United came up as champions last season so they are also an unknown quantity. All will be revealed, and once again, I think we will surprise a few teams.

One thing is certain though, it's great to be back with an extra spring in our steps!  C'mon Alty!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:37:38 AM by Steve from Sale »

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2022/23 Season
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 07:39:54 AM »

Feels like first day at school today. Into the unknown. I’m confident the preparation has been thoroughly done and dusted and we’ll be fine. It’s the first league game but it feels like a cup final. Part of me wishes it was 5pm and we had three points in the bag. Anyway, it’s glass half full time and roll on 3pm and that leap into the unknown. Geronimo!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2022/23 Season