PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New beer in the bar
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New beer in the bar  (Read 4455 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New beer in the bar
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 10:11:06 AM »

Seems the CSH isn’t a free house then. We’ve not fallen out with Libero it’s just that the club want a larger cut from the sales in the relaunched fan zone. I understand the clubs stance. From most fans viewpoint they want what Libero offered them before which was a more niche craft beer variety.
If deep 61 and Hobgoblin and suchlike spring up in the fan zone it won’t satisfy the demand. We may be jumping to the wrong conclusions and the board have something up their sleeve that will keep everybody happy. I live in hope, that’s why I stick with Alty! 🤞🤞🤞

Not to be pedantic, but a lot of those annoyed are annoyed because LIbero having seamingly been cut loose.

My view, as made to Bill and LL, was you should have tendered Libero before annoucing; not just cut them out. or if planned to cut them lose, had a plan to place them elsewhere.

Wasn't there 4 huts in Fanzone; I imagine there could be space for the LIbero line-up and then club mass-appeal stuff. People can vote with their wallets; and let the free market decide.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 12:01:07 PM »

Seems the CSH isn’t a free house then. We’ve not fallen out with Libero it’s just that the club want a larger cut from the sales in the relaunched fan zone. I understand the clubs stance. From most fans viewpoint they want what Libero offered them before which was a more niche craft beer variety.
If deep 61 and Hobgoblin and suchlike spring up in the fan zone it won’t satisfy the demand. We may be jumping to the wrong conclusions and the board have something up their sleeve that will keep everybody happy. I live in hope, that’s why I stick with Alty! 🤞🤞🤞

Not to be pedantic, but a lot of those annoyed are annoyed because LIbero having seamingly been cut loose.

My view, as made to Bill and LL, was you should have tendered Libero before annoucing; not just cut them out. or if planned to cut them lose, had a plan to place them elsewhere.

Wasn't there 4 huts in Fanzone; I imagine there could be space for the LIbero line-up and then club mass-appeal stuff. People can vote with their wallets; and let the free market decide.
Hashtag I agree with your observations entirely. I got the impression Libero had been thrown out as if they'd outlived their usefulness.They clearly haven't as I anticipated using them again when the fanzone reopened and I'm by no means alone. If the fanzone is reborn with it being solely an extension of the CSH offerings, I'll be arriving later after drinking elsewhere before the game. I do like to support the club in every way I can and will continue to do so, but when it comes ale I prefer some craft.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 12:44:37 PM by rorysgrandad »

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 01:06:25 PM »

Hashtag I agree with your observations entirely. I got the impression Libero had been thrown out as if they'd outlived their usefulness.They clearly haven't as I anticipated using them again when the fanzone reopened and I'm by no means alone. If the fanzone is reborn with it being solely an extension of the CSH offerings, I'll be arriving later after drinking elsewhere before the game. I do like to support the club in every way I can and will continue to do so, but when it comes ale I prefer some craft.

There was a news article on the main site which announced an investor in the fanzone who was only prepared to invest if the club ran the venue. I read that as Libero eliminated to make way for Marstons who want exclusive access to the fanzone. Time will tell.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 01:16:36 PM »

There was a news article on the main site which announced an investor in the fanzone who was only prepared to invest if the club ran the venue. I read that as Libero eliminated to make way for Marstons who want exclusive access to the fanzone. Time will tell.

Personally that's even worse. It's not Marstons from the noises floating its Amstrong who has made a VIP lounge at 200 quid a pop without draft beer. I hold my breathe and hope he does a better job.

Can't just a stick on mural on a wall and call it a fan zone.
It's all my fault.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 02:48:08 AM »

The facts are a fundraiser was held with the fans to bring a fan zone to the ground . Due to the debacle from the outset of the building of the fan zone and the subsequent domino effect and delay costs have spiraled due to inflation etc etc

Then as the final insult due to a huge gap in the budget to finish the long overdue project decisions were made with no fan consultation

Its been a disaster from the outset so far.

And of course as noted in other threads other projects have been completed ahead of this work
Come on you red and white........

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 11:12:23 PM »

Hobgoblin....also known as Jennifer's Mum!

Well, there is a Hobgoblin Ruby...as is her name!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 11:22:33 AM »

Marston's have distribution rights for what is described as an American craft ale brewer called Founders. I'm not sure what
qualifies as a craft brewery. I've always visualised a small family brewery providing niche products
Founders are big in the USA and claim to be a family business.
Their products include ALL DAY IPA 4.7 ABV, RUBAEUS 5.7, MAS AGAVE 10.0, CBS 11.6, UNDERGROUND MOUNTAIN BROWN 11.9 KBS 12.3. Good grief, I'd be blowing bubbles.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 06:23:08 PM »

Marston's have distribution rights for what is described as an American craft ale brewer called Founders. I'm not sure what
qualifies as a craft brewery. I've always visualised a small family brewery providing niche products
Founders are big in the USA and claim to be a family business.
Their products include ALL DAY IPA 4.7 ABV, RUBAEUS 5.7, MAS AGAVE 10.0, CBS 11.6, UNDERGROUND MOUNTAIN BROWN 11.9 KBS 12.3. Good grief, I'd be blowing bubbles.

I've had the All Day IPA a few times, and it's decent.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2022, 10:02:17 PM »

Alty Ale from Dunham Massey Brewery is excellent!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New beer in the bar