PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Opening day Match Thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Opening day Match Thread.  (Read 14042 times)

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Opening day Match Thread.
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2022, 08:08:58 PM »

Disappointing attendance today with city or united not playing I was hoping for more 2500 just over 1700 is quite poor TBH.the game itself totally over shadowed by a joke of a referee and his assistants two blatent penalties waved away and the amount of times he stopped the game for little niggles was embarrassing hopefully never see them at ML again but unfortunately will probably ref one of away games.Did PP get a yellow card aswell?awful start to the game unfortunate OG but for the first 25 mins we were awful hopefully just nerves,second half no contest tore them to shreds but no end result.lots of positives today.we will hold or own this season that I am sure,Bromley next onwards and upwards.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2022, 08:23:44 PM »

I sincerely hope that we won't get another set of officials like today's in any of the remaining 45 matches. They collectively took ineptitude to new levels. We'll play worse than that and win. Maidstone will struggle this season.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2022, 08:34:59 PM »

Agree about the crowd, I was expecting at least 2000, going by last season and with City and Utd not playing. An earlier post mentioned the £19.00 price. A 12% increase from last season, especially in the current economic situation, is maybe going to put off the casual fan and I wonder if that may turn out to be a mistake.  As for the game, thought overall we should have won, without playing brilliantly, and at times lacking creativity. At least in the 2nd half we played more football on the deck, compared to the long ball approach of the 1st half. As for the pen it was certainly one of those which you have see given, but with Ryan Colclough he falls over so easily at times that it's always for me, hard to know whether he has been fouled. Wait for the highlights I guess.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2022, 08:35:25 PM »

Maidstone number 2 Hoyte spent the afternoon tugging Colcloughs shirt or whichever other Alty player was nearest to him. The ref was hopeless and the Lino on the pop side wasn’t any better

Officials in this league ruin half the games played.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2022, 08:38:43 PM »

Maidstone number 2 Hoyte spent the afternoon tugging Colcloughs shirt or whichever other Alty player was nearest to him. The ref was hopeless and the Lino on the pop side wasn’t any better

Officials in this league ruin half the games played.

Their No.2 was not only sh*t but had a bad  attitude. Officials killed that game.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2022, 07:36:20 AM »

Disappointing attendance today with city or united not playing I was hoping for more 2500 just over 1700 is quite poor TBH.the game itself totally over shadowed by a joke of a referee and his assistants two blatent penalties waved away and the amount of times he stopped the game for little niggles was embarrassing hopefully never see them at ML again but unfortunately will probably ref one of away games.Did PP get a yellow card aswell?awful start to the game unfortunate OG but for the first 25 mins we were awful hopefully just nerves,second half no contest tore them to shreds but no end result.lots of positives today.we will hold or own this season that I am sure,Bromley next onwards and upwards.
I think the £19 and £15 is probably an issue to the casual attendees. I was expecting a healthy 2K plus attendance yesterday and was surprised how sparse the terraces were especially as United and City both play today. It’s going to be interesting to see how our crowds go this season. It was far from a cold rainy Tuesday night yesterday.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2022, 08:57:18 AM »

Difficult balance this. Full time football doesn’t come cheap and some tough financial decisions have to be made. I agree that some people will be put off by £19 though. I thought we played well after a very sticky first 30 mins where we didn’t seem to have a plan. I also thought Maidstone were a real threat, will do OK this season I reckon…

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »

£19 and the fact that some people (like myself) are still away on holiday. These prices will need looking at as the season progresses.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »

Purely on the crowd I also think just as our crowds were growing last season we then had the whole issue with the council (I wonder if the in-house grass will ever be outed) and the fanzone. They understandably don’t want to put a date on it but I’ve heard Chesterfield or Wealdstone, I think if we get the food and drink offer right in that area that will drive people to come too. For your casual fan that stuff will make a difference.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2022, 02:07:25 PM »

I stood by the CSH at the end of the first half yesterday and went straight in at half time but still barely had time to finish my drink before the second half started. We badly need facilities to return to the "fan zone" corner if we are going to get these sort of crowds regularly.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »

Not such a great game  (not sure if the ref had something to do with that),  both teams on that performance will be in the bottom half league) as Parky suggested it will be difficult)  They (MUFC)  could have been 2 up prior to our twenty minute spell either side of HT and we were unlucky not to score another goal. The sending off changed the game and I didn’t blame MUFC  for there time wasting after a poor decision by the very poor referee and even worse linesman, I really didn’t think he saw the incident, his decision on the penalty shout was mind boggling. We were poor against 10 men (something to work on at Knutsford).
The young lad Bennet had a good game for 60 minutes and faded(not unexpected)
The new LB needs to improve but maybe nerves were playing a part there.
Con Clarke might improve and pass the ball quicker but not necessarily the answer.
Our back two were great, Mullarkey isn’t a full back but find it hard to think he will shift either centre back.
Let’s hope the Welsh FA get their finger out quick.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2022, 04:28:13 PM »

Difficult balance this. Full time football doesn’t come cheap and some tough financial decisions have to be made. I agree that some people will be put off by £19 though. I thought we played well after a very sticky first 30 mins where we didn’t seem to have a plan. I also thought Maidstone were a real threat, will do OK this season I reckon…

Casual fan will go the for the experience:

Did we win
Did they have good food and drink
Was it convenient (can they get in at 2:535/45/55 and can they get home for half 5 rather than queuing for trams from).

Winning teams with a good atmosphere will dictate whether 19 pound is good value. It was £12.50 to go RHS Bridgewater today
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2022, 04:53:59 PM »

do us pensioners have to pay £19 or is there a  lower rate for us?
Harold

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2022, 05:02:08 PM »

I started go to Alty again after being a fairly irregular watcher in the 70s/80s for the 94/95 season and got hooked. Handy for home, not expensive to get in, lots of local away games, lots midweek too, relaxed atmosphere, stand where you want, i could go on. That's all gone now. I doubt I'll go to an away game this season and at £19 I don't think I'll go to every home game, especially if the team go on a losing run. I want entertainment, and if I ain't getting entertained I'm not paying for torture. I barely went in the recent relegation seasons, but I went to a lot in the Evostik and following NLN seasons. Why? Because it was fun, entertaining, relaxed (stand where you want  (pretty much)), bring your own sandwiches, lots of away games not too far away, and not too much to get in.

So in a nutshell I miss the non-league experience you got following Alty up to quite recently. That's definitely gone now - segregation, stewards every six feet, no leaning on the fence, security scans outside the ground.

I stopped going to the speedway at Belle Vue when getting in , parking and buying a programme started costing over twenty quid, and i wasn't the only one judging by the paltry attendances they get. I don't buy a programme at Alty or use the catering, but it doesn't seem that many years ago that paying £20 at Luton seemed a helluva a lot of money to watch a football match. £19 at Alty now seems a lot, especially when you look at the state of the place you're paying to go in to.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 05:03:54 PM by Ian Harwood (Hale Alty) »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2022, 05:15:32 PM »

Last season Woking and Bromley were £20, Halifax might have even been £21. A quick search shows SC**thorpe are charging £22 early bird and £25 on the day. Unfortunately it is what it costs at this level where admission is not subsidised by TV. The club need to cover costs I don’t think it’s too bad for this level.
Harold I think it might be £15 for pensioners.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Opening day Match Thread.