PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Opening day Match Thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Opening day Match Thread.  (Read 14052 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Opening day Match Thread.
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »

Can't see anything other than JJ and Toby in the central positions.

Neither can I
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2022, 03:03:12 PM »

Which is why I think Baines might be deployed in another role at FB.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 03:53:03 PM »

Which is why I think Baines might be deployed in another role at FB.

I totally agree.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2022, 06:44:43 PM »

We will find out in about 20 hrs from now

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2022, 03:27:08 PM »

Not a great start so far….. :(

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2022, 04:04:47 PM »

Not a great start so far….. :(

We were dreadful for half an hour but the last 15 was a world of difference - we stayed patient, got our foot on the ball, found feet and the chances started to roll in thick and fast - crucial we got that equaliser.

The front three behind Jordan have grown into the game and proving to be handful.

Bad time to get the half time whistle but at least we got the goal, hopefully we kick on now.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2022, 05:27:30 PM »

Twelfth in the league after the first game!
I think I'd settle for that at the end of the season! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »

Frustrating afternoon.

We were terrible for the first 30 mins.

Awful officials, yet again.

Brockbank grew into the game but he isn't the answer to LB. He will get destroyed by a lot of wide players in this league.

I would be thinking of playing Baines LB. We need to have Toby and JJ playing CB, even though I thought Toby had a good game. Hopefully Burrows is back soon.

Impressed with Bennett. Would like to see him play number 10 and have Sami out wide. Chris Con-Clarke did well but often runs into trouble.

Thought Parky messed his subs up. Ridiculous how Sami didn't come on. Both Bennett and Con-Clarke were shattered and they had 10 men. Needed that direct player to run them. He waited far too long to make a change.

Shouldn't dwell but Marriott is such a big loss to us. Midfield grew into the game but Osborne hasn't the engine of Marriott.

Need make it priority to get Byrne's clearance sorted with the Welsh FA. Gould makes me nervous.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2022, 06:15:03 PM »

Frustrating afternoon.

Brockbank grew into the game but he isn't the answer to LB. He will get destroyed by a lot of wide players in this league.

I would be thinking of playing Baines LB. We need to have Toby and JJ playing CB, even though I thought Toby had a good game. Hopefully Burrows is back soon.

Impressed with Bennett. Would like to see him play number 10 and have Sami out wide. Chris Con-Clarke did well but often runs into trouble.

Thought Parky messed his subs up. Ridiculous how Sami didn't come on. Both Bennett and Con-Clarke were shattered and they had 10 men. Needed that direct player to run them. He waited far too long to make a change.

Shouldn't dwell but Marriott is such a big loss to us. Midfield grew into the game but Osborne hasn't the engine of Marriott.

Need make it priority to get Byrne's clearance sorted with the Welsh FA. Gould makes me nervous.

Definitely agree about the subs - I can't stand it when players aren't given enough time to make an impact - was a breath of fresh air watching the Lionesses manager Weigman give the subs a good half hour - it's not rocket science, Dinanga should have had longer too.

We were better when Lundstram and Osborne started pushing up, which they should have been doing long before they went down to ten.

I disagree about Gould, I thought he was decent and made that incredible finger tip save with the 1 on 1 in the first half that could have had the game out of sight.

Would have expected Conn-Clarke and Bennett to be the other way round to be honest.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2022, 06:22:52 PM »

Frustrating afternoon.

Definitely agree about the subs - I can't stand it when players aren't given enough time to make an impact - was a breath of fresh air watching the Lionesses manager Weigman give the subs a good half hour - it's not rocket science, Dinanga should have had longer too.

We were better when Lundstram and Osborne started pushing up, which they should have been doing long before they went down to ten.

I disagree about Gould, I thought he was decent and made that incredible finger tip save with the 1 on 1 in the first half that could have had the game out of sight.

Would have expected Conn-Clarke and Bennett to be the other way round to be honest.

Defo would like to see Bennett at no.10. Like a fitter Durrell.

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2022, 06:59:52 PM »

I missed the teams being read out so didn't realise it was Gould in goal and was thinking how secure and reliable the new bloke seemed compared with Thompson.

Some players not match fit I reckon, and couldn't say for sure on the refereeing decisions. Alty had more than enough chances to put this one away but were wasteful. Enough to be optimistic about and I was certainly entertained, although doubt i'll be going to every game at £19 a pop.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2022, 07:01:35 PM »

Awful result. We won't play many teams that poor all season. A clueless first 30 mins.

Some impressive performances from several players.

Woeful referee, got the penalty decision wrong and got the second yellow wrong. Two big decisions.

As said earlier, against a tiring 10 men, why leave fresh legs so bloody late.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2022, 07:17:31 PM »

Frustrating afternoon, given that we should have had all 3 points.  It's fair too say that Maidstone made us look rank average for the first half hour, but I was impressed with what I saw when we stepped up and I've no doubt that the oppo will be thanking their lucky stars that they left ML with a point.  Why, having got he equaliser and threatened to put them to the sword, we then stepped off the gas when the game isn't won, I'll never know, but that seems to be the Alty way

Thought the new boys equipped themselves well, although C-C held onto the ball a tad too long once or twice when a deft offload would have been the right move to make.  Gould did well; his finger-tip save was outstanding and stopped us from going 2-down, and his distribution was generally good (and better the TT's).

Disappointingly, the refereeing was woeful from start to finish and may well have cost us the game (I'll be interested to see the penalty appeal and Dining's goal that was judged offside to see whether they were the correct decisions).

I'd gone hoping for a win but expecting us to lose (given the weight of expectation) so a draw is OK, I suppose.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2022, 07:54:50 PM »

The fact that the Welsh FA didn’t send the registration in time is absolutely disgusting. It smacks of poor admin on both the part of the Welsh FA and Alty should have been banging on doors at the Welsh FA days ago. It’s not as if we have only just got Byrne.

If it was Gareth Bale it would have been done instantly.

Disgraceful admin

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2022, 08:00:45 PM »

On RR Brian remarked that the linesman who flagged the late goal offside had flagged every single offside all afternoon 🤷🏼‍♂️  The RR guys thought Dinanga was definitely onside so surmised the flag must have been on Colclough.   Suffice to say, they didn’t seem overly impressed with the officiating.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Opening day Match Thread.