+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PA

Author Topic: PA  (Read 2824 times)

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
PA
« on: July 30, 2022, 04:19:53 PM »

Anybody know if the club have plans to upgrade the PA. Not good at times today and the same v Stockport, alot of static
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 04:26:37 PM by TheGolfRoadView »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: PA
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 05:47:37 PM »

It would help if they didn't leave the mic open when they're not using it. The interference early in the second half was like a farting competition.

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 06:04:51 PM »

The club may be full-time professional on the pitch but there's many aspects of the club that are run by volunteers and part-timers that unfortunately leaving the club look a bit amateurish. The impression is that there's no one taking an overall view on how things are run and pulling the loose ends together.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 08:11:31 PM »

It would help if they didn't leave the mic open when they're not using it. The interference early in the second half was like a farting competition.
If there is an official club approved farting competition would it be possible to put my name forward please?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 08:22:34 PM »

The problem is they initially have the volume far too loud then after they speak the fail to turn the microphone off.
It’s not rocket  science.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 08:25:53 PM »

The problem is they initially have the volume far too loud..............
And then continue to have it far too loud for the whole fkn match. Is nobody paying attention? And I’m supposedly deaf. FFS

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 09:38:45 PM »

If there is an official club approved farting competition would it be possible to put my name forward please?

Would that be for the old fart category? 😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 07:39:47 AM »

Great! So there is then. I’ll be in touch. Off to practice. 🤭

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 01:26:24 PM »

Great! So there is then. I’ll be in touch. Off to practice. 🤭

If anyone can do it, I'm sure you'll be able to come up trumps mate 🙄! 😉 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 11:54:56 AM »

Anybody know if the club have plans to upgrade the PA. Not good at times today and the same v Stockport, alot of static

Thanks for the feedback (no pun intended).  I had a look on Sunday and there is some noise when spotify isnt playing - as its connected to a laptop and audio is still available, hence why the occasional system bing comes out.

We replaced the old radio mic that broke with a new radio mic, there is a chance thats causing it, I'd never noticed it previously. I will do some more testing and try to find a solution.

Volume is hard to gauge from the press box - the number of people and background noise affects the perception of how loud the PA is, its easy to adjust based on the main stand but impossible to know how relative the volume is in say the pop side.

In terms of upgrade - what are people looking for - we have industry standard TOA CS-304 speakers throughout the ground, as many as I could accommodate on the amps supplying various areas without having to run a new cable from the press box to the golf/pop corner. We have 3 amps linked together. A playlist supplied from a fan for matchday. 

Regards
Stuart

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 07:59:36 PM »

Thanks for the response. In terms of volume it can be loud on the pop side, and maybe just needs someone to check out the current volume levels pre match or at half time on Saturday. The music does seems to cut out at times, wifi issues maybe, and Fanfare for the Common Man always seems to stop suddenly, rather than fade out. The play list I think is brilliant, a great mix of older and new music with the new bands a great feature, which will hopefully continue this coming season.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 08:54:26 PM »

I'd like us to have fan fare begin before teams emerge where we can, and then teams walk out on the poignant bit.

Always seems to start too late
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 08:30:53 AM »

I'd like us to have fan fare begin before teams emerge where we can, and then teams walk out on the poignant bit.

You’re spot on with the timing. It wasn’t always so I’m sure. I seem to remember the fanfare starting before the teams emerged from the tunnel.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2022, 08:36:08 AM »

You’re spot on with the timing. It wasn’t always so I’m sure. I seem to remember the fanfare starting before the teams emerged from the tunnel.

In times gone by Alty Tunnel Steward would give the signal to start Fanfare as we were coming out of the tunnel.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 09:58:46 AM »

In times gone by Alty Tunnel Steward would give the signal to start Fanfare as we were coming out of the tunnel.
If only we could replace ATS with someone with the same expertise we'd crack it. Perhaps combine switching over a TV to be included in his remit.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 PA