PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Improving the website
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Improving the website  (Read 13240 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Improving the website
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »

Several changes for Alty as Mee, Barrows, Cooper, Jackson, Pringle and Hulme all come into the starting line-up
Harold

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2022, 07:28:52 PM »

There is a match report on this afternoon's game on the club's website now.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2022, 07:26:30 AM »

There is a match report on this afternoon's game on the club's website now.
Thanks John. That’s service! 😀
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:00:07 PM by rorysgrandad »

andrewflynn

« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2022, 09:50:26 AM »

I know John Laidlaw’s site has a report and very good it is, but, how come our new all singing & dancing site does not have a match report? We have a preview for Boreham Wood then the next news item is a preview of Chesterfield visiting tomorrow.

Is there any danger that the continuity man could squeeze in a match report or maybe an interview with a happy manager, who must have been delighted at getting a point at the Wood as us fans were.

I find it very frustrating going on the new website.

How many times must I say it, “Attention to detail”, the team maybe full time but the rest of the club sadly isn’t yet.

This. The feeling I get is there is nobody taking an overall look at how the club does it's media. It's all very piecemeal and seems to vary very much depending who happens to be around on a given weekend.

I think this is a fair observation but you've got to understand that all aspects of the club's media output are voluntarily run. Until the club makes a financial commitment to a dedicated member of media/communications staff, there will always be these issues. It's entirely unavoidable, and I daresay unfair to expect our volunteers to produce and publish a match report either before they return home from Boreham Wood, or late at night after the journey.

I think we need a media and social media presence across the whole spectrum if we're working on being a professional set up.
We need someone capable of coordinating all aspects of this.
Like I said though finding that person (probably not a volunteer) is going to be very difficult.

You'd be surprised by how many high-quality applicants we would have for a paid Media & Communications role, especially with two good Universities in the city. The bigger challenge is the club finding the finance for it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2022, 12:46:39 PM »

It's a vicious circle. We need the money to appoint people to enhance our online operation and make people happier with the website, but when we make the website more commercial so to bring more money in then people complain.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2022, 08:44:26 PM »

I would have thought when they designed the FT model for the club then they would have factored in moneys for paid off field staff. To have a paid staff off the field as well as on it would ensure the right people are in the right job. That way you get staff who will be there when needed rather than somebody who has other commitments to work around.

I’m not saying that our army of volunteers do not do a good job, however, professional on the the pitch should be matched by professional off the pitch.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2022, 09:06:45 PM »

I would have thought when they designed the FT model for the club then they would have factored in moneys for paid off field staff. To have a paid staff off the field as well as on it would ensure the right people are in the right job. That way you get staff who will be there when needed rather than somebody who has other commitments to work around.

I’m not saying that our army of volunteers do not do a good job, however, professional on the the pitch should be matched by professional off the pitch.

That's well said, and very diplomatically put, too.

It's very difficult and expensive, though, and I can understand how the initial aim is to get a full-time squad, rather than a mix of full-time and part-time, and then hope and plan that other developments build up  from that.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2022, 11:30:16 PM »

I think there’s going to quite a few things across the board where it will need more than a volunteer to do it yet also not enough to justify paying someone a wage to do it. Quite a gap between the two stools.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2022, 07:25:32 AM »

I think there’s going to quite a few things across the board where it will need more than a volunteer to do it yet also not enough to justify paying someone a wage to do it. Quite a gap between the two stools.

However, I'd imagine there's probably 10ks worth of advertising, Social Media and journalist work for the club, and the community business , which is how some cljbs run it. Or the media manager works on partnerships
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2022, 07:39:23 AM »

Certainly. I guess marketing would be a good place for the club to start as the role can be easily equated to revenue generated and thus justification of the role.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Improving the website