PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Improving the website
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Improving the website  (Read 13254 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Improving the website
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2022, 05:25:42 PM »

So it's twitter and Facebook and the club website for the younguns and JL and on here for us old timers, right? 🤔😂

PS. Does that mean you're an old codger too, like us, mate?

I like to think I can (just about) straddle both audiences having just turned 40!

As someone who is about to turn 72, I can confirm that you're still a youngster.(in my eyes anyway😂)

PS. As a matter of fact, three of my  children are older than you 🤯
(and the other two aren't far behind you!)

Is it panto season already?
oh no it’s not.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2022, 07:14:09 PM »

I know John Laidlaw’s site has a report and very good it is, but, how come our new all singing & dancing site does not have a match report? We have a preview for Boreham Wood then the next news item is a preview of Chesterfield visiting tomorrow.

Is there any danger that the continuity man could squeeze in a match report or maybe an interview with a happy manager, who must have been delighted at getting a point at the Wood as us fans were.

I find it very frustrating going on the new website.

How many times must I say it, “Attention to detail”, the team maybe full time but the rest of the club sadly isn’t yet.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2022, 08:12:29 PM »

Why doesnt John Laidlar just publish it on the official website...
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2022, 08:30:38 PM »

Why doesnt John Laidlar just publish it on the official website...

That would work well,

Totally agree Jack.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2022, 08:40:58 PM »

I know John Laidlaw’s site has a report and very good it is, but, how come our new all singing & dancing site does not have a match report? We have a preview for Boreham Wood then the next news item is a preview of Chesterfield visiting tomorrow.

Is there any danger that the continuity man could squeeze in a match report or maybe an interview with a happy manager, who must have been delighted at getting a point at the Wood as us fans were.

How many times must I say it, “Attention to detail”, the team maybe full time but the rest of the club sadly isn’t yet.

The absence of a post-match audio interview with PP is my fault - I did one straight after the game but there was a problem with the recording so it’s not usable unfortunately.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2022, 08:48:39 PM »

Can we please if it is possible for a link for John Laidlaw’s site or give him a landing page to be added to the main site as he is by far the most qualified person to be doing this with his passion and eye for detail, it could quite possibly unite the moaners the groaners and the idealists who think the older generation have no idea and should stay in the past but forget the older you get the more experience you gain.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 09:04:36 PM by Hash »
FFS

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2022, 09:24:38 PM »

This. The feeling I get is there is nobody taking an overall look at how the club does it's media. It's all very piecemeal and seems to vary very much depending who happens to be around on a given weekend.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2022, 09:55:00 PM »

This. The feeling I get is there is nobody taking an overall look at how the club does it's media. It's all very piecemeal and seems to vary very much depending who happens to be around on a given weekend.
the rumour is the Alty fans keep walking past the press and obstructing there view ...😂😂🤔
Come on you red and white........

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2022, 09:32:18 AM »

Rare slip by JL today where he says Wealdstone (not Maidenhead) are the only team to beat us this season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2022, 11:23:55 AM »

Can we please if it is possible for a link for John Laidlaw’s site or give him a landing page to be added to the main site as he is by far the most qualified person to be doing this with his passion and eye for detail, it could quite possibly unite the moaners the groaners and the idealists who think the older generation have no idea and should stay in the past but forget the older you get the more experience you gain.

Actually I think it's the "older generation" who are more likely to be the idealists and resistant to change. Nobody's saying they have no idea either, but maybe their idea of what constitutes an Alty fan and what they want from the club and the match is not necessarily the same as most people who follow us. That's not a criticism btw, just an observation.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2022, 12:14:29 PM »

I think Alty fans of any age will be in favour of change as long as it's positive and an improvement.
It's just that quite a few people don't yet seem to see the official site as better than the JL site (yet?).
I'm of that opinion myself but would love to see someone take it (the official site) on and iron out the wrinkles to make it what we all want (and were assured) it would become.

Having said that however, John Laidlar is undoubtedly a legend and it's going to be a real problem finding someone with the expertise and, most importantly, the time to give to the job. It's a massive commitment.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 12:17:52 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »

I think Alty fans of any age will be in favour of change as long as it's positive and an improvement.
It's just that quite a few people don't yet seem to see the official site as better than the JL site (yet?).
I'm of that opinion myself but would love to see someone take it (the official site) on and iron out the wrinkles to make it what we all want (and were assured) it would become.

Fair comment but it all rests on what people actually want from our website. How many are actually that fussed about getting a full, detailed match report within hours? How many are that interested in intricate, comprehensive news coverage of other clubs? How many want to buy a ticket or a shirt with ease? How many actually bother with the website anyway when they can just go on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram to get what they need? If the club's overall approach is to look at the bigger picture than filling a niche then fair enough in my view

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2022, 12:28:45 PM »

I think we need a media and social media presence across the whole spectrum if we're working on being a professional set up.
We need someone capable of coordinating all aspects of this.
Like I said though finding that person (probably not a volunteer) is going to be very difficult.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2022, 01:12:55 PM »

match updates now on the main site,with line ups from 1400  :D
Harold

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2022, 01:20:18 PM »

match updates now on the main site,with line ups from 1400  :D

They're getting there for us! 👌👍
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Improving the website