PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Improving the website
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Improving the website  (Read 13217 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Improving the website
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 03:08:46 AM »

My main feedback is the speed of update. Getting results and quick report up asap is the main thing, it was a bigger issue when there was no live update page either. Info on the first team squad was also missing but is there now.

Speed of updates!  Even JL’s approach of stringing the tweets together to make a match report is better than complete silence. Home page doesn’t even acknowledge the game happened. The fixtures page hasn’t even got the Stockport score up yet. The old site had live text updates so you could catch up part way through the match or afterwards.

Update JL has now updated his site with a copy of the Stoke report so two updates before the official site even has the result available.
full time and proud of it
Come on you red and white........

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 06:58:07 AM »

My main feedback is the speed of update. Getting results and quick report up asap is the main thing, it was a bigger issue when there was no live update page either. Info on the first team squad was also missing but is there now.

Speed of updates!  Even JL’s approach of stringing the tweets together to make a match report is better than complete silence. Home page doesn’t even acknowledge the game happened. The fixtures page hasn’t even got the Stockport score up yet. The old site had live text updates so you could catch up part way through the match or afterwards.

Update JL has now updated his site with a copy of the Stoke report so two updates before the official site even has the result available.

Alty Files is my first port of call for club news. Has been for years. The official site looks snazzy but lacks content. The old saying fur coat and no knickers comes to mind.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 09:40:13 AM »

If only John Laidlar would work with the modern, professional site.
It's all my fault.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 10:01:15 AM »

What's stopping this from happening?

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 10:23:05 AM »

There isn't much wrong with the official site as these things go in the modern age, just as others say, its not the first place you'd go for up to date news. I'm sure that's something the club will be conscious of - JL's site has always led the way.

I appreciate that with the immediacy of news via Twitter, Facebook etc., it can be difficult to make a website feel as up to date.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2022, 10:36:14 AM »

I'd be interested to know what the response would be if you asked everyone who visited our website what the main reasons were why they did?

Also, how many people visit our site in relation to twitter followers or Facebook likes?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 10:36:37 AM »

What's stopping this from happening?

No idea!
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2022, 09:34:33 AM »

The number one answer to the thread appears to be to get JL to merge his content into the official website. Is that such an odd thing to do?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2022, 06:20:11 PM »

The number one answer to the thread appears to be to get JL to merge his content into the official website. Is that such an odd thing to do?

Given JL updates are often non league focused, as a whole, a weekly NL round-up (similar to John Edwards pen name of Alty Insider) would get more regular content, more eyeballs and more sponsor revenue.

If John wanted to continue being involved in updates, again they could sit on main website.
It's all my fault.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »

I was out and about yesterday trying to follow the game. Couldn’t use radio robins and there was absolutely nothing available on the club site. I don’t want to have to sign up for Twitter just to get the Alty score. Ended up using BBC I was that desperate. This morning there is still an advert for tickets where the score should be! 

Thanks to all who posted thoughts on the game on here as it’s all I have to go on!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2022, 10:11:26 AM »

I suppose if you don't want to use Twitter (pretty quick for updates ) and you couldn't listen to RR then you have to use something else IE the BBC updates
Come on you red and white........

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2022, 10:59:43 AM »

I'm not on twitter but if you Google altrincham fc twitter, the latest posts are shown so you can see the updates without going into twitter itself.
That works for me anyway.
Also, I was advised by someone on here to use the altrincham nitter app which I got from Google. That gives me access too.
Hope this is of some use?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2022, 11:18:53 AM »

Football webpages is a good site for score updates too. No subscription required.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2022, 11:59:53 AM »

I use a Kindle Fire and have been unable to keep a connection to the new radio service. I tried yesterday and it dropped out time and again. Gave up and used the bbc.I

I'll pop out next week for a Pink Final😀

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2022, 12:24:18 PM »

Alty Files is my first port of call for club news. Has been for years. The official site looks snazzy but lacks content. The old saying fur coat and no knickers comes to mind.
You saying John Laidlaw wears a fur coat and knickers then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Improving the website