PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injuries
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 6007 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Injuries
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 04:20:38 PM »

If Kosy really is injured and given Brad Jackson's dubious fitness past, it would make an 18-man squad look even more sparse. It may be that we begin the season with a number of loanees. Not ideal but was always likely to be the issue this season.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 05:53:53 PM »

I suspect there's still a lot of recruitment to be done, as teams are taking a look at players over the friendlies.

His name has been done to death on this forum, but Elliott Newby is getting game time for Stockport over the friendlies but the supporters haven't taken to his performances and suspect he'll be deemed surplus to requirements - especially given the recruitment they've made around the attacking positions.

The Stoke game being played behind closed doors suggests to me that we're taking a look at potential loanees there too, and I suspect we'll also be shipping out one or two of our own pretty swiftly if they don't make the grade over the friendlies.

Speaking of injuries, perhaps it opens up the chances of Connor Kirby being taken on again - who knows.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 05:43:35 AM »

I was expecting Connor Kirby to sign but given our options in that area, I can't see it happening now.

I hope you are right and we can get one or two more on board - there are definitely one or two in the squad not up to it.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2022, 07:17:36 PM »

I was expecting Connor Kirby to sign but given our options in that area, I can't see it happening now.

https://twitter.com/Buxton_FC/status/1547959185433718787
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2022, 07:28:14 PM »

Well they're certainly going for it this season!
He'll be a great midfield partner for jake.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2022, 09:51:52 AM »

Whoever he has signed for I知 delighted the lad has recovered from that horrific injury he sustained at Wealdstone last September.

Great to see you back fella. Enjoy your time at Buxton.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2022, 12:31:43 PM »

Whoever he has signed for I知 delighted the lad has recovered from that horrific injury he sustained at Wealdstone last September.

Good gig for him - doesn't he live Rotherham way ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2022, 03:17:37 PM »

Good gig for him - doesn't he live Rotherham way ?

Maybe Barnsley Phil but both are just up the road

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2022, 03:49:03 PM »

Buxton are assembling a handy looking squad, good to see . Rooting for them and Curzon this season .

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2022, 03:55:21 PM »

Buxton are assembling a handy looking squad, good to see . Rooting for them and Curzon this season .

I'd love to see both of them do really well this year. Apart from anything else for the sake of seeing all our old boys succeed again.
How great would it be for one of them to get promoted! Buxton seem to be well backed so would probably be the better bet to stay up.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2022, 09:06:57 PM »

I'd love to see both of them do really well this year. Apart from anything else for the sake of seeing all our old boys succeed again.
How great would it be for one of them to get promoted! Buxton seem to be well backed so would probably be the better bet to stay up.

Yes, there does seem to be a tendency for leading clubs, such as Brackley and Boston United, to constantly fail to get promotion, while either relegated clubs, or newly promoted ones, make a real effort to go up. Buxton do seem to fit that pattern and would get a thousand watching them if they are doing well.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 09:34:59 PM »

Yes, there does seem to be a tendency for leading clubs, such as Brackley and Boston United, to constantly fail to get promotion, while either relegated clubs, or newly promoted ones, make a real effort to go up. Buxton do seem to fit that pattern and would get a thousand watching them if they are doing well.

I bet half the teams down South haven稚 a clue where Buxton is, they would be in for a shock if Buxton did come up to our league and they had to travel up there on a cold winter Tues night

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2022, 09:46:18 PM »

I bet half the teams down South haven稚 a clue where Buxton is, they would be in for a shock if Buxton did come up to our league and they had to travel up there on a cold winter Tues night

Yep, one of the coldest games I ever went to was when our game at Macclesfield was off on New Year's Day one year , but Buxton v Colwyn Bay went ahead. Mark Dempsey was playing for the visitors, before he joined us, and went off with mild hypothermia.

There's an artificial pitch there now, so games will be on, provided the pitch isn't actually covered with snow, and the away team can actually get to Buxton. It does seem very odd talking about freezing Buxton in today's climate!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2022, 01:00:01 PM »

Yep, one of the coldest games I ever went to was when our game at Macclesfield was off on New Year's Day one year , but Buxton v Colwyn Bay went ahead. Mark Dempsey was playing for the visitors, before he joined us, and went off with mild hypothermia.

There's an artificial pitch there now, so games will be on, provided the pitch isn't actually covered with snow, and the away team can actually get to Buxton. It does seem very odd talking about freezing Buxton in today's climate!

One of my all time sporting tales, Buxton...snow...June https://www.thecricketer.com

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2022, 02:59:27 PM »

It was by all accounts the first time the great Clive Lloyd had ever seen snow !
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Injuries