PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Friendly
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trafford Friendly  (Read 3648 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Trafford Friendly
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 12:30:00 PM »

Personally I think we need enough players to offset the likes of unconfirmed reports that Kossy has a bad injury.
If we go full time we can’t do it on a shoestring budget otherwise it could go tits up quite easily.

I’ve said all along Full time football isn’t cheap. I do hope the maths has been correctly calculated
18 player squad does not seem to leave much room for manoeuvre.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 01:15:40 PM »

Personally I think we need enough players to offset the likes of unconfirmed reports that Kossy has a bad injury.
If we go full time we can’t do it on a shoestring budget otherwise it could go tits up quite easily.

I’ve said all along Full time football isn’t cheap. I do hope the maths has been correctly calculated
18 player squad does not seem to leave much room for manoeuvre.

The thing about money is; you can always bring more in. Being Full-time means we can find surplus to requirment loan players in need of match-fitness (rather than to off-set other clubs books).

It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 03:01:34 PM »

Mentioned Tom Walker in my previous post; perhaps unsurprisingly he's returned to Fylde on a permanent basis.

On the subject of Fylde, I wouldn't have minded Ben Tollitt but I understand he's on trial with Hartlepool at the moment.

To me it seems central midfielders are easier to come by than No10s in the market - could be worth thinking about pushing Marriott /Lundstram / Osborne further up the pitch and playing with a holding midfielder instead.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 04:02:13 PM »

I'd like to see Conn-Clarke back on a long term loan, I was impressed by his limited game time before the unlucky injury at King's Lynn.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 04:16:52 PM »

Conn-Clarke is an excellent call.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2022, 07:13:31 PM »

I'd like to see Conn-Clarke back on a long term loan, I was impressed by his limited game time before the unlucky injury at King's Lynn.

Yes. Him and the other lad Baggley were decent. Perhaps now we are full time fleetwood would be more willing

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2022, 07:18:13 PM »

Yes. Him and the other lad Baggley were decent. Perhaps now we are full time fleetwood would be more willing

Both would cover mooney going and kossy being out for a while

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2022, 07:36:54 PM »

Conn-Clark is indeed a great shout…

I would love to see him return.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »

Baggley  is in their first team squad - started in the last match at Bolton. I think we can forget him.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2022, 09:28:07 PM »

Callum Gribbin is an interesting one with plenty of ups and downs already during his still young career from Old Trafford to Stainton Park .  As Paul Scholes once said of him " he will either turn out to be a £100 million superstar or working at McDonalds " !   Hope it turns more towards the former than the latter .
Remember Gribbin when he was at United’s academy. He had oodles of talent on the ball and caught the eye. He did however seem to have very poor posture and a marked lack of pace compared to his peers. Bearing in mind he’s still only 23, and at Radcliffe, he always had an eye for goal. He’s passed the crossroads for top level football and taken the wrong direction but if his attitude is right he may do a job for us. Parky has the wherewithal to get inside his head and resurrect his career if anyone can.

Funny you mention the posture, I noticed that too. Very strange gait, didn't seem athletic at all.

If we're aiming to get that sort of luxury player back on track, I'd rather go for someone like Tom Walker who at least has a track record of first team football.
Good call. Think Parky will consider Gribbin and conclude he’s too much of a project. Walker probably needs less work on, if any.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 09:29:52 PM by rorysgrandad »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2022, 10:29:51 PM »

Walker's at Fylde now isn't?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Friendly