PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Friendly
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trafford Friendly  (Read 3649 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Trafford Friendly
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:38:13 PM »

Couldn't go tonight.

Any thoughts?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Trafford Friendly
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 10:52:17 PM »

Same issue as last season, at times, we can't finish.

Positives again, we look sharp. LB looked a handful going forward. Pringle seems to be playing well on the LW.

Dinanga not the right man so far.

Baines finish was a very good volley
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:54:30 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 04:52:56 PM »

Callum Gribbin is an interesting one with plenty of ups and downs already during his still young career from Old Trafford to Stainton Park .  As Paul Scholes once said of him " he will either turn out to be a £100 million superstar or working at McDonalds " !   Hope it turns more towards the former than the latter .

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »

Callum Gribbin is an interesting one with plenty of ups and downs already during his still young career from Old Trafford to Stainton Park .  As Paul Scholes once said of him " he will either turn out to be a £100 million superstar or working at McDonalds " !   Hope it turns more towards the former than the latter .

Callum Gribbin? Interesting. Seems to have lost his way completely, a proper 'broken toy'. Was he the scorer of one of the goals?

Are we familiar with any other triallists at this point?

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 05:19:41 PM »

Hi Marple Alty , all of the triallists previous career information can be found on google most via Wikipedia , a few are still in their teens having been through the Academies of League clubs , whilst the older ' heads' have played quite a number of Senior games at League level .

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 05:21:47 PM »

Well worth a look up !

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 05:34:16 PM »

Hi Marple Alty , all of the triallists previous career information can be found on google most via Wikipedia , a few are still in their teens having been through the Academies of League clubs , whilst the older ' heads' have played quite a number of Senior games at League level .

I can't tell if you're taking the mickey or not  ;D where are the names - or is that all still top secret?

EDIT: they're on the Alty Files site. Ignore me...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 05:51:30 PM »

From John Laidlar's website:

For the second half Alty fielded only Gould and Roxburgh from their squad plus nine trialists. Altrincham Second Half: 1. Matt Gould, 2. Aidan Roxburgh, 3. Zac Mills, 4. Ryan Grant, 5. Scott Butler, 6. Mitch Rose, 7. Isaac Modi, 8. Hayden Campbell, 9. Alex Samizadeh, 10. Harry Bunn. 11. Jack Hindle.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 06:03:45 PM »

Remember Gribbin when he was at United’s academy. He had oodles of talent on the ball and caught the eye. He did however seem to have very poor posture and a marked lack of pace compared to his peers. Bearing in mind he’s still only 23, and at Radcliffe, he always had an eye for goal. He’s passed the crossroads for top level football and taken the wrong direction but if his attitude is right he may do a job for us. Parky has the wherewithal to get inside his head and resurrect his career if anyone can.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 06:45:30 PM »

I thought the right footed left winger who played second half looked decent, not sure if he was Harry Dunn ? about the right age/height?

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 07:10:07 PM »

Harry Bunn .  Son of ex Oldham striker Frankie. He has a decent pediigree too.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 11:03:01 PM »

Remember Gribbin when he was at United’s academy. He had oodles of talent on the ball and caught the eye. He did however seem to have very poor posture and a marked lack of pace compared to his peers. Bearing in mind he’s still only 23, and at Radcliffe, he always had an eye for goal. He’s passed the crossroads for top level football and taken the wrong direction but if his attitude is right he may do a job for us. Parky has the wherewithal to get inside his head and resurrect his career if anyone can.

Funny you mention the posture, I noticed that too. Very strange gait, didn't seem athletic at all.

If we're aiming to get that sort of luxury player back on track, I'd rather go for someone like Tom Walker who at least has a track record of first team football.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 11:26:26 AM »

I realise we have to stay within our means but this season is going to be presenting us with enough problems to solve without voluntarily taking on further ones.
I think we need to be signing players who are ready to go. Preferably without historic injury or life problems. I know that sounds a little callous but they're problems we can look at taking on in the future when our full time model has settled in and our new squad has gelled.
Just my opinion.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 11:48:35 AM »

I think the opposite in terms of life problems. Look at Colcough. I’d rather have a player league teams don’t want because he has some personal baggage they don’t want to deal with than a player they don’t want because of some flaw in his game. If Parky has the capacity and capability to sort them out then one or two of these in the squad is a great idea in my view.

Different question on injuries. Squad is too small to carry those so unless it’s a pay if you play deal (which probably doesn’t work in the full time model) then not for me.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2022, 12:01:01 PM »

I think the opposite in terms of life problems. Look at Colcough. I’d rather have a player league teams don’t want because he has some personal baggage they don’t want to deal with than a player they don’t want because of some flaw in his game. If Parky has the capacity and capability to sort them out then one or two of these in the squad is a great idea in my view.

Different question on injuries. Squad is too small to carry those so unless it’s a pay if you play deal (which probably doesn’t work in the full time model) then not for me.

1 or 2 yes, a team full of fixer upper is too much of gamble.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Friendly