PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Website - Men's team squad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Website - Men's team squad  (Read 7198 times)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Website - Men's team squad
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 04:38:34 PM »

Really?  You think it’s unreasonable to suggest the the club website should have match reports from the preseason friendlies and a list of at least the names of the first team squad?  The club have come on leaps and bounds over the last few years but the website and the fanzine fiasco are not up to the required standard.

No one expects the club to get everything right all the time but we can point out shortcomings when we see them and the irritate us. Not being able to find the friendlies scores on the official site and having to go to an unofficial source on Saturday was irritating and given the ‘new website’ fanfare I’m providing my feedback on it.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 06:08:07 PM »

Honestly, the things people can find to complain about on this forum is astounding.

There speaks somebody who probably hasn't subjected themselves to the new site.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2022, 07:23:08 PM »

Really?  You think it’s unreasonable to suggest the the club website should have match reports from the preseason friendlies and a list of at least the names of the first team squad?  The club have come on leaps and bounds over the last few years but the website and the fanzine fiasco are not up to the required standard.

No one expects the club to get everything right all the time but we can point out shortcomings when we see them and the irritate us. Not being able to find the friendlies scores on the official site and having to go to an unofficial source on Saturday was irritating and given the ‘new website’ fanfare I’m providing my feedback on it.

Sadly, the alternative is to praise a job which is done to a less than professional standard because it has been done by a volunteer who is unable to accept criticism. Most organisations are run by such people and the result is usually mediocrity brought about by an unwillingness to challenge the status quo.

Give me function over form any day. Long live Alty Files.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2022, 07:32:57 PM »

We’re in the process of recruiting someone for social media. At the moment Gibran is covering most of the social media and website and he’s hours behind living in Arizona for the time being. There’s quite clearly a gap since Ed stepped down. As with most things pre season I’m sure it’ll get ironed out come the start of the season.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 08:38:09 PM »

Sadly, the alternative is to praise a job which is done to a less than professional standard because it has been done by a volunteer who is unable to accept criticism. Most organisations are run by such people and the result is usually mediocrity brought about by an unwillingness to challenge the status quo.

Give me function over form any day. Long live Alty Files.

It's interesting you say that because the changes to the official website quite possibly came about after the fans survey as part of the 5 year plan. The opinion among the fan base was clearly strong enough for the status quo to be challenged...

I think the criticisms of the new site on here are fair and valid, and people are entitled to prefer what it replaced (and credit to John Laidlar for keeping it going and the work he puts in).  But the "old" site had considerable faults too in my view and it had its detractors as the survey proved.

All in all, I much prefer what we now have and I'm sure others feel the same too.  I'm not saying this to have a dig at any individual's efforts but a bit of context is needed.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2022, 09:16:40 PM »

A professional club should have a professional website.

It looks very good and does have room for improvement, but I would be very surprised if this was not remedied shortly.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2022, 10:14:47 PM »

Absolutely we must stand up for free speech, which sometimes means telling people things they don't want to hear.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2022, 10:23:49 PM »

The first team men are up on the official website. Thank you to whoever has worked hard on that. And thanks to Bath Alty who reminded us that John's site has a squad list and pen pictures at the bottom of page one. I think John's site is brilliant, and have told him so, but had forgotten that there was so much info right down the page!

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2022, 11:11:37 PM »

Or indeed via the menu at the top - teams -first team and there it is, exactly where you would expect it!  (I’ll stop now)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2022, 12:38:13 AM »

There is a match report on the Trafford game on the club's website now.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2022, 07:38:34 AM »

Full time result clearly accessible from the homepage, along with a full match report. Almost as if the new website was launched and advertised as a work in progress that required fan feedback…

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2022, 07:40:53 AM »

Bath Alty. Thanks again. 

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2022, 09:57:50 AM »

Full time result clearly accessible from the homepage, along with a full match report. Almost as if the new website was launched and advertised as a work in progress that required fan feedback…
thats how it should be Andrew,we all have our part to play.that was why i said about no match day text commentary its was not perfect but it was a good back up when RR went down.I do hope we get something like it back.Now as for RR being on Radio Alty,what is going to happen to the chat room we all use on match days on RR,its something as exciles we use all the time.Even down to JD's jokes.
Harold

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2022, 12:55:01 PM »

thats how it should be Andrew,we all have our part to play.that was why i said about no match day text commentary its was not perfect but it was a good back up when RR went down.I do hope we get something like it back.Now as for RR being on Radio Alty,what is going to happen to the chat room we all use on match days on RR,its something as exciles we use all the time.Even down to JD's jokes.

The chat room will remain, Harold, at least in the short term.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2022, 02:36:36 PM »

cheers brian,thanks for that
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Website - Men's team squad