PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Website - Men's team squad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Website - Men's team squad  (Read 7195 times)

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 11, 2022, 10:16:53 AM »

It would be really great if this part of the website could be completed. Currently it says 'We are in the process of updating our squads for the 22/23 season.' Anyone know when this will happen, please?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Website - Men's team squad
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 10:21:51 AM »

I should have thought we'll have to wait until the team and squad photos have been taken (and we've finished assessing the trialists)?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 12:51:52 PM »

Once again I refer you to the excellent website operated by the peerless Mr John Laidler. It might look like it’s from the 90’s but it has everything you need and all much quicker than either of the new sites have managed. I’m a big fan of function over form

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 01:46:01 PM »

Once again I refer you to the excellent website operated by the peerless Mr John Laidler. It might look like it’s from the 90’s but it has everything you need and all much quicker than either of the new sites have managed. I’m a big fan of function over form
Absolutely. The yunguns are more impressed by flashing lights and razamataz than content. It was forever thus.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 01:50:01 PM »

It would be nice to have some data on The Women's Teams too.

That element of the official site (pre recent update) hadn't been updated for about 3 years

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 01:54:10 PM »

Absolutely. The yunguns are more impressed by flashing lights and razamataz than content. It was forever thus.

I'm with the old farts.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 02:32:00 PM »

It would be nice to have some data on The Women's Teams too.

That element of the official site (pre recent update) hadn't been updated for about 3 years

Have you offered the information
It's all my fault.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 04:21:05 PM »

It was offered numerous times

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 05:12:41 PM »

Getting very polite on here! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 05:31:30 PM »

It would be really great if this part of the website could be completed. Currently it says 'We are in the process of updating our squads for the 22/23 season.' Anyone know when this will happen, please?

It’s July. It’s pre season. Trialists have played ONE game. How can they website be updated accordingly? Team photo on July 28th. I’d imagine everything will be pretty much sorted by then.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 08:11:58 AM »

I guess it depends on what you need and what the content should be. I think a football clubs website in 2022 should be modern, easy for the casual visitor to navigate, be 100% about the actual club, commercially strong and also compatible with social media. The current site does all that.

I'll hazard a guess that if you asked everyone (not just our hard core fans) who visits the site why they do, then a big chunk of it will be match information, ticket sales, buy merchandise, important news about the club or because they followed a link off Twitter or wherever.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 08:28:07 AM »

I was looking for peripheral things like the score in the actual match the team had just played (JL was hours faster) or match reports on those games (still can’t find one on either of Saturdays games in the main site) or a list of who the first team players are.

Yes it all looks nice but there is a minimum level of timely content that you have to get right before you get to cover the home page with a massive advert for the new kit!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 04:39:48 PM by Bath Alty »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 11:54:01 AM »

I was looking for perishable things like the score in the actual match the team had just played (JL was hours faster) or match reports on those games (still can’t find one on either of Saturdays games in the main site) or a list of who the first team players are.

Yes it all looks nice but there is a minimum level of timely content that you have to get right before you get to cover the home page with a massive advert for the new kit!

It's only ever going to be as good as its administration. At the moment that seems to be incredibly poor.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 12:20:53 PM »

If only John Laidlar could work with the new website
I think if John was to curate content in a blog format, Hosted on the website (similar to that of the Alty Insider), the info would be read by a huge number of people, which I'm sure Gibran could find a way to convert in to advertising revenue, food for thought maybe.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 11:20:32 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2022, 03:06:21 PM »

Honestly, the things people can find to complain about on this forum is astounding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team