PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Fanatic Zone  (Read 15524 times)

Ian Harwood (Hale Alty)

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fanatic Zone
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 09:09:49 PM »

The ground is a shambles to be frank. Broken terracing and trip hazards all over the place. Completely behind the times and doesn't match the club's on-field ambitions. I regularly use the path by the allotments towards the golf course and every time I see the back end of the ground I wonder if anyone who runs the club knows what a scene of dereliction it is.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2022, 09:59:44 PM »

Still no toilets serving both seated stands either .
Stewards won't allow you to use the open end ones so the only option is at the far side of the Community Hall .  Very poor tbh .
  Why the old (very) former snack bar is still standing on the pop side god only knows , it's another eyesore and should have gone donkeys yonks ago ( and made a bit of room for a few more fans ! ) .

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2022, 10:15:15 PM »

When you've got mobility issues combined with the outflow after a couple of jars in the bar, it's a real problem. I used to prefer sitting near the front of the main stand on the family stand side but it's impossible now.
Getting old and knackered's not much fun (but better than the alternative I suppose!) 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2022, 11:22:21 AM »

There hasn’t been working sewers on the pop side of the ground for decades now.

The imbalance presented by funnelling everything towards the CSH corner of the ground (turnstiles, toilets, snack bar, bar) is a real issue and as Ollie alludes to, we need something sorted on that side just to alleviate pressure on those that use the Main Stand/CSH who aren’t as mobile etc.

I don’t think the club in years gone by ever seriously thought about realising it’s potential crowds wise but the short sighted, rushed planning and focus on the CSH has also taken away a large amount of movement and space that used to be there in the mausoleum days.

I’ve long been an advocate of match day turnstiles at the golf road being the ones at the far end (would reduce Moss Lane queuing) but we don’t because we built new turnstiles 15 years ago. We might actually have to be pro active and say, no, we don’t HAVE to use them.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »

Portaloos ?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2022, 12:42:25 PM »

The problem with the family/sponsors/away stand is that away fans use the chequers end facilities, sponsors use the facilities in the lounge, and there is no space as I see it to fit in catering or toilets between that stand and the main stand because of the exit gate, turnstiles, programme sellers etc. The ordinary home fans in that stand and the chequers side of the main stand are in a very poor position as has already been mentioned.

If you allow home fans into the away section for a drink or a pee then you've got a logistical nightmare for the stewards (and I daresay the safety certificate wouldn't allow it anyway); time and time again I see disgruntled fans from both sides trying to get through that barrier and I don't envy the stewards one bit.

Short of getting relegated or having the funds to build a brand new stand to replace the two seated areas (which would cost a fortune), I don't see an ideal solution to this other than maybe make the smaller stand away fans and sponsors only? The layout of the ground is not fit for purpose in a league with the current attendances and clubs involved.

The point about taking pressure off the CSH corner is a very good one in my view.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2022, 02:31:57 PM »

I’ve just read on the main site that the the fan zone is going to be now run by Alty FC has that been the norm throughout or was Libero going to run it?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2022, 02:54:04 PM »

I’ve just read on the main site that the the fan zone is going to be now run by Alty FC has that been the norm throughout or was Libero going to run it?

Libero kicked out
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2022, 03:47:23 PM »

These new plans for the Fan Zone make me absolutely despair. Of course it makes sense on one level for the club to maximise revenue but if the intention is just to replicate the very poor beer selection from the CSH, that will backfire massively. It's so short-sighted not to see what value Libero and other independent food outlets could add to the matchday experience. More than that though, Libero seems to have done more than the club itself to at least try and get the Fan Zone up and running. So for us to boot them out now is really shoddy. Incredibly disappointing.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2022, 04:27:26 PM »

These new plans for the Fan Zone make me absolutely despair. Of course it makes sense on one level for the club to maximise revenue but if the intention is just to replicate the very poor beer selection from the CSH, that will backfire massively. It's so short-sighted not to see what value Libero and other independent food outlets could add to the matchday experience. More than that though, Libero seems to have done more than the club itself to at least try and get the Fan Zone up and running. So for us to boot them out now is really shoddy. Incredibly disappointing.
thank heavens the fans didn't pay for it ..... Oh hang on
Come on you red and white........

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2022, 04:39:12 PM »

Howabout if they do CSH beers at Libero prices  :)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2022, 04:40:33 PM »

What has happened to our Wainwrights too, no longer available on handpumps and the electric pump one is nowhere near as good in the CSH.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2022, 05:02:33 PM »

What has happened to our Wainwrights too, no longer available on handpumps and the electric pump one is nowhere near as good in the CSH.

The Wainwright was giving me reflux at the end of last season, so I switched to the 61 Deep. Still not a hand pump obviously, but a decent enough beer.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2022, 05:29:14 PM »

The Wainwright was giving me reflux at the end of last season, so I switched to the 61 Deep. Still not a hand pump obviously, but a decent enough beer.

You should be on horlicks at your age mate 😎😂
Plus, if the second half is becoming tedious, it's helpful for nodding off!

PS. Works for me anyway 🙄 😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2022, 05:48:36 PM »

Why the old (very) former snack bar is still standing on the pop side god only knows , it's another eyesore and should have gone donkeys yonks ago ( and made a bit of room for a few more fans ! ) .
[/quote]

It is now used as the stewards hut where they sign in and equipment issued
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone