PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's games
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Today's games  (Read 4225 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's games
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »

After being told everyday the countdown to the pre season etc, I find it strange that the website has no news of todays games or teams etc.

If it wasn’t for the folk on the forum no information would be forthcoming on todays fixtures.

Pre season rant over.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2022, 07:32:52 PM »

Was quite happy with our 2-0 half time lead, but then the outstanding Brad Jackson was taken off, and we produced very little in the second period. Apart from Jackson, I was fairly impressed with Ross Barrows. I wasn't taken with Liam Brockbanks though.

I was impressed that he produced a miss arguably worse than NcGoona. Admittedly there was a man on the line, but he had time to pick his spot from a good position. Apart from that he was good.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2022, 07:39:24 PM »

After being told everyday the countdown to the pre season etc, I find it strange that the website has no news of todays games or teams etc.

If it wasn’t for the folk on the forum no information would be forthcoming on todays fixtures.

Pre season rant over.

A report on both games on the Alty Files site.

I would say though that it would be worth making a recording of the ever informative (apart from on a few of those trialists!) Radio Robins commentary available online, if indeed this hasn't already been done.

Speaking of trialists, the West supporters had a song for one of their trialists (there was singing at all three NWCL friendlies I've seen this preseason) - and a song about celery!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2022, 09:15:30 PM »

Pre season rant over.

I would say though that it would be worth making a recording of the ever informative (apart from on a few of those trialists!) Radio Robins commentary available online, if indeed this hasn't already been done.

Speaking of trialists, the West supporters had a song for one of their trialists (there was singing at all three NWCL friendlies I've seen this preseason) - and a song about celery!

How do access these Alty files then

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2022, 09:25:26 PM »

Pre season rant over.

Just Google Alty Files

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2022, 09:36:28 PM »

Pre season rant over.

I think he means the John Laidlar site.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2022, 09:41:02 PM »

Pre season rant over.

. Use a link or just Google,it’s a website. John Laidlars old one.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2022, 09:51:07 PM »

That used to link to info on Lisbon trams.

Whatever happened to the mailing list? (I suspect I might be confusing some people here...).

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2022, 08:56:17 AM »

Now I've got my marbles together regarding which players were ours at West, and who wasn't...

Roxburgh I thought looked OK - but sounds like he's well of Ross Barrows standard, which is to be expected I suppose.

If Hayden Campbell is on trial, I wouldn't bother.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2022, 11:33:58 AM »

Ray is correct over the offical website,also missing is the text commentary (which i use as a back up to RR)hopefully this will be added for league games.
Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2022, 12:29:52 PM »

My view on West game was Marriott and Roxburgh looked decent, Hulme looked like he's lost a few pound got very little service, keeper didn't have much to do, the rest of them did little for me
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2022, 09:23:36 AM »

Went to the Wythenshawe game, really a game of 2 halves. Jackson looked good first half apart from missing a pretty open net. second half we looked disjointed with the changes made. Awful dry pitch really levelled it up and £4.50 for a burger was a joke. Hopefully see a better game at Trafford.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2022, 09:01:31 PM »

That reminds me, who plays at Flixton these day? I'm sure I read something about it recently but I forget who it was.

And do they still sell Lancashire hotpot there?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's games