PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fixture Release Date - Tomorrow
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fixture Release Date - Tomorrow  (Read 6802 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fixture Release Date - Tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »

I wonder what the rationale behind pairing us with Halifax over Christmas / New Year would be... wouldn't have been the logical choice.
The Three Pigeons Ale House on New Years Day. Not sure about the trains on NYD though.

I certainly take One Foot in the Grave's point about the stewarding at Halifax last year, but trains on New Year's Day are normally good after a slightly later start.  Going by previous years, the game could well be shifted to the 2nd anyway.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2022, 12:39:51 AM »

Jingle bells, jingle bells, Alty at the Shay, oh what fun it is to see Alty win away.
Better not have fun or the stewards will kick you out

I can now get bladdered on New Year's Eve without having to worry about the following day's footy. I said I'd never do Halifax again, and I meant it.

How come Phil.
Disgraceful stewarding.
100% behind Phil on this.

Absolute over the top, unwarranted, heavy handed stewarding last August.

In two minds myself whether to give them £20 again - but have friends from this town and enjoy the visit to the town.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2022, 06:54:08 AM »

Halifax is a tough one. Great town with some super hospitality venues, but the stewarding at the game was the worst I've ever seen. We won't be going.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2022, 08:30:10 AM »

Halifax is a tough one. Great town with some super hospitality venues, but the stewarding at the game was the worst I've ever seen. We won't be going.

Worst match day experience for a long time - combined with being totally outplayed on the pitch if we're being honest.

If it weren't for the wonderful Three Pigeons, the entire day would have been a disaster.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2022, 10:30:46 AM »

I suppose I could get Radio Robins in the Three Pigeons.....

Howley Robin

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2022, 11:11:18 AM »

Bear in mind New Years Day is a Sunday so trains will run to
the the usual Sunday schedule.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2022, 11:53:08 AM »

I didn’t go last season but have been several times before and had a great day out (three pigeons and all). Reading the comments about the stewarding last season I’m reconsidering going on NYD.
Did the stewards manhandle anyone or verbally abuse our fans? Can anyone be more specific please as to why some of those who went last season feel so strongly about not returning this season please? I don’t fancy going if it’s going to be an ordeal.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 11:54:39 AM by rorysgrandad »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2022, 12:42:44 PM »

I didn’t go last season but have been several times before and had a great day out (three pigeons and all). Reading the comments about the stewarding last season I’m reconsidering going on NYD.
Did the stewards manhandle anyone or verbally abuse our fans? Can anyone be more specific please as to why some of those who went last season feel so strongly about not returning this season please? I don’t fancy going if it’s going to be an ordeal.

You know what, if I can make an excuse for them - we were still in a weird COVID situation, they weren't serving food and drink - which in turn led to a fan or two trying to smuggle bits in. Fair enough, have a word - but they were heavy handed, trying to forcibly eject people rather than just turn a blind eye, or at best just confiscate the drinks like anyone with a shred of common sense would do - and all they did was cause the situation to flare up more than it ever should.

There was one particular steward wanting to make a celebrity of himself and fight all of us; if he's not around and there's food/drink available, it'll be fine.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2022, 01:37:07 PM »

Oldham on Good Friday should be a great day out on the tram. Albeit it’s a bit of a trek from the town centre. The aways at Oldham, Halifax, York, Wrexham and Notts all being 3pms is decent. Just a shame that the notch that would be Scunny is midweek.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2022, 01:41:41 PM »

You know what, if I can make an excuse for them - we were still in a weird COVID situation, they weren't serving food and drink - which in turn led to a fan or two trying to smuggle bits in. Fair enough, have a word - but they were heavy handed, trying to forcibly eject people rather than just turn a blind eye, or at best just confiscate the drinks like anyone with a shred of common sense would do - and all they did was cause the situation to flare up more than it ever should.

There was one particular steward wanting to make a celebrity of himself and fight all of us; if he's not around and there's food/drink available, it'll be fine.

Actually, there WERE refreshments available, despite Halifax stating categorically that there wouldn't be !

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2022, 02:33:53 PM »

Thanks Marple. I'll give it a whirl then. I'm hardened to adverse results but don't want much hassle while I'm suffering.👍

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2022, 05:11:05 PM »

Does anyone else remember Paddy Roche serving refreshments ??? or have I really lost the plot  :o

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2022, 07:31:55 PM »

Jingle bells, jingle bells, Alty at the Shay, oh what fun it is to see Alty win away.
Better not have fun or the stewards will kick you out

I can now get bladdered on New Year's Eve without having to worry about the following day's footy. I said I'd never do Halifax again, and I meant it.

How come Phil.
Disgraceful stewarding.
100% behind Phil on this.

Absolute over the top, unwarranted, heavy handed stewarding last August.

In two minds myself whether to give them £20 again - but have friends from this town and enjoy the visit to the town.

I actually have a friend managing Halifax, but I'm still not going after last year!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2022, 07:37:21 PM »

To me, it looked like the police/stewards were trying to fight and shove  our supporters. I was stood further along from them and got the knock on effect, which I could have done without. They made Ru$hden's stewarding seem reasonable.

Saying that, I don't suppose anyone sat at the front would be directly affected.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:42:16 PM by Hugh »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2022, 10:20:00 PM »

To me, it looked like the police/stewards were trying to fight and shove  our supporters. I was stood further along from them and got the knock on effect, which I could have done without. They made Ru$hden's stewarding seem reasonable.

Saying that, I don't suppose anyone sat at the front would be directly affected.

I'd agree with that. I was sat near the front, and wasn't directly affected, apart from seeing stewards on the touchline staring at the crowd in an aggressive, confrontational manner, and periodically walking up into the stand to drag people out of the ground.

If you are a friend of Chris Millington, maybe you could have a word?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fixture Release Date - Tomorrow