PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky was* 1/4 for the Notts County job 😉
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Parky was* 1/4 for the Notts County job 😉  (Read 11435 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parky is 1/3 for the Notts County job
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 05:16:12 PM »

I think given the lack of comment either way. We've been approached by Notts County. I imagine Phil having rumoured to have already applied elsewhere, would want the chat.

Could be a long week ahead.
It's all my fault.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 05:43:48 PM »

it looks like the messages remain mixed on the rumour mill as well...

https://twitter.com/VNL_ITK_2022/status/1534573293281460225

This guy has just popped up and could be a troll, but he's firining out updates like nobodies business right now.

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 05:49:55 PM »

The silence is deafening and probably tells us quite a bit. You can't blame him if he goes. Notts is a different level to us. If he does leave its a disaster considering the changes we have made and the players you imagine he would take with him.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 06:05:20 PM »

it looks like the messages remain mixed on the rumour mill as well...

https://twitter.com/VNL_ITK_2022/status/1534573293281460225

This guy has just popped up and could be a troll, but he's firining out updates like nobodies business right now.

He's a bit of a troll. The other week he was all on about the Wrexham Parky getting sacked.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 06:39:04 PM »

One of the sources suggests we're negotiating an agreement not to approach any of our current players.

The first one they'd obviously go for is Colclough.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2022, 07:33:25 PM »

One of the sources suggests we're negotiating an agreement not to approach any of our current players.

Would soften the blow a bit .I presume  Sorvel would go with him ?Didnt happen when Wild left Halifax recently

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2022, 07:38:14 PM »

O k, first of all we’re showing a bit of inexperience here. Lots of people on the internet talk absolute bollocks and this one strikes me as a troll to be honest.

I think Notts County are more likely to go for Wrexham Parky tbh.

But regardless of all that, I think as a club we’d be well within our rights just to have a chat with PP and draw up some ground rules/rules of engagement.

Obviously PP came here as an ambitious manager from a lower division who would possibly move on (up). I think we used to say if he did a good enough job to attract suitors from higher up then that was fine as it would be good for us (in that he’d have done a good job).

However, circumstances have changed. We’ve taken the step up to go full time, not lightly taken I should add, and it’s an important year for us. It’s arguably the pivotal summer in the clubs history and requires the utmost focus and concentration from top to bottom including the manager.

Whilst there would always be speculation and Parky’s name linked to other jobs, I don’t think it’s healthy for us to continue when there is the possibility he would leave for a bigger club every time there’s a managerial vacancy (there will be at least 4 or 5 more of these during the season btw).

I mean, I’m being slightly presumptuous here. PP could well be reading this with bemusement having shown no desire or inkling to go to Notts County and wondering why his name is being bandied about.

But it might be time to just firm up a bit of protocol for the board. eg we’re not necessarily standing in your way but we expect not to go this summer or even indeed season, and definitely not on the eve of the season as Hulme did (I’m surprised how meekly people shrugged their shoulders at that still) and come to a form of agreement in addition to the standard contract. Because basically, any compensation paid would not be enough for losing our manager.

It’s all conjecture of course but I think we have a right to insist there’s not constant undue certainty (can’t be good for potential recruitment for a start).

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2022, 07:46:45 PM »

A very good post Ballers.
My only quibble would be that I think there were quite a number of people (myself included) who were appalled at the manner of hulmes departure (and his return actually).
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2022, 08:09:54 PM »

For what it's worth, I think Parky will undoubtedly stay for a good while yet. He pushed very hard for us to go full time and he's got a freeish hand at the Club.
If we don't improve in the next year or so, he might be tempted but I doubt it.

Sadly I don't think he realises how good he has it here. No other manager in English football would stand by a 20-game winless streak without it ended sourly.

Of course he knows, and the 20 game streak, whilst bad, was something most were confident  he’d get us out of. He came out of it with more credit if anything. He’s built this club back up in the last 5 years so I doubt there were any thoughts at all of him being sacked and I’d also hazard a guess that most other clubs in England would act the same in those circumstances.

As for the Notts County job, it’s extremely concerning and I’d genuinely  fear for us this year if he did go. You couldn’t begrudge him for it, though. They might be in our division but they’re streets ahead of us (and most of the rest of the national league) in nearly every other way.

Someone below mentioned it comes down to loyalty V ambition. Well, I don’t think we’d be where we are if Phil wasn’t highly ambitious. It’s just a question of whether we are the club where he can fulfil that or if he thinks Notts County offers the more appealing opportunity. I’m praying it’s the former.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2022, 08:13:55 PM »

A very good post Ballers.
My only quibble would be that I think there were quite a number of people (myself included) who were appalled at the manner of hulmes departure (and his return actually).

Yeh I know, I was just really touchy about it still.

Also slightly embarrassed at how cheap I am when it turned out that one goal against Dagenham was all it took for me to put that it in the dustbin of history 😂

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2022, 08:19:19 PM »

As for the Notts County job, it’s extremely concerning and I’d genuinely  fear for us this year if he did go. You couldn’t begrudge him for it, though. They might be in our division but they’re streets ahead of us (and most of the rest of the national league) in nearly every other way.

Someone below mentioned it comes down to loyalty V ambition. Well, I don’t think we’d be where we are if Phil wasn’t highly ambitious. It’s just a question of whether we are the club where he can fulfil that or if he thinks Notts County offers the more appealing opportunity. I’m praying it’s the former.

Obviously Notts County are the biggest club in the league tbf but I was talking more generally. But that’s a good point that Phil’s ambition is what drives him. And maybe we can’t have it both ways. I just think we need to point out that it can’t simply be unfettered ambition if it leads to uncertainty that is destabilising. We’ve got a right to be able to plan properly for the present and future as a club just like PP has personally. And we have to take precedence.

Hopefully this is just an interesting topic rather than an actual issue though.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2022, 08:37:15 PM »

If he’s already given assurances to the board then the only uncertainty is on here and frankly that doesn’t matter much in the scheme of things.

We can’t expect the club to come out and say the speculation is groundless every time someone claims to know something otherwise when it eventually is true that he’s talking to someone else their silence really does speak volumes and if it doesn’t come to anything it destabilises everyone unnecessarily. It’s why no other club comes out and says ‘our manager is being linked with xyz but don’t worry he’s not going anywhere’.

I’d expect Phil to be interested in the county job but I also think he is good enough to know that he is an integral part of this club now and he has an obligation to reciprocate some of the faith we have shown in him and not leave us in the lurch this season.   If he leaves for them next summer then fair enough, if he leaves just as we have committed this club to what he wants and said goodbye to so many stalwarts to do so then he is not the man I think he is.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2022, 08:49:24 PM »

If he’s already given assurances to the board then the only uncertainty is on here and frankly that doesn’t matter much in the scheme of things.

We can’t expect the club to come out and say the speculation is groundless every time someone claims to know something otherwise when it eventually is true that he’s talking to someone else their silence really does speak volumes and if it doesn’t come to anything it destabilises everyone unnecessarily. It’s why no other club comes out and says ‘our manager is being linked with xyz but don’t worry he’s not going anywhere’.

I’d expect Phil to be interested in the county job but I also think he is good enough to know that he is an integral part of this club now and he has an obligation to reciprocate some of the faith we have shown in him and not leave us in the lurch this season.   If he leaves for them next summer then fair enough, if he leaves just as we have committed this club to what he wants and said goodbye to so many stalwarts to do so then he is not the man I think he is.

I wasted ten minutes on a post before. This is absolutely it in a nutshell tbf.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2022, 08:51:06 PM »

Would soften the blow a bit .I presume  Sorvel would go with him ?Didnt happen when Wild left Halifax recently

I think this is an issue, I hope someone from the board will come out and confirm that Foz will be staying
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2022, 09:01:16 PM »

I think this is an issue, I hope someone from the board will come out and confirm that Foz will be staying

All joking Aside, we've suffered massively from Tommy and Ryan leaving in terms of injuries this year. Or feels like it.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky was* 1/4 for the Notts County job 😉