PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky was* 1/4 for the Notts County job 😉
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Parky was* 1/4 for the Notts County job 😉  (Read 11428 times)

andrewflynn

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 11:23:01 AM by Andrew Flynn »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parky is 1/3 for the Notts County job
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 10:44:12 AM »

Also says (both) referring to the Wrexham boss. Appalling if he goes there. Like Mooney, a potential league manager, but we've as much chance in the coming years as us going FT.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 11:44:00 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 11:16:52 AM »

Not sure that (our) Phil would jump ship at this present time.

Having said that, I didn’t think many golfers would jump ship to the Saudi golf LIV merry-go-round.

I suppose it’s all about the £££££s at the end of the day

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 11:20:11 AM »

For what it's worth, I think Parky will undoubtedly stay for a good while yet. He pushed very hard for us to go full time and he's got a freeish hand at the Club.
If we don't improve in the next year or so, he might be tempted but I doubt it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 12:00:59 PM »

For what it's worth, I think Parky will undoubtedly stay for a good while yet. He pushed very hard for us to go full time and he's got a freeish hand at the Club.

Sadly I don't think he realises how good he has it here. No other manager in English football would stand by a 20-game winless streak without it ended sourly.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 12:09:51 PM »

Sadly I don't think he realises how good he has it here. No other manager in English football would stand by a 20-game winless streak without it ended sourly.

Of course he does.
He must recognise that he's got, amongst other things, a greater measure of job security here and that will be a factor in any decision.
If you are correct though, you do realise he's much more likely to go to Notts where he's likely to be offered a massive increase in salary and resources?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 12:28:24 PM »

Of course he does.
He must recognise that he's got, amongst other things, a greater measure of job security here and that will be a factor in any decision.
If you are correct though, you do realise he's much more likely to go to Notts where he's likely to be offered a massive increase in salary and resources?

I don't doubt they're a bigger resourced club. But financially unless the payoff is secure he's risking his financial security on a trigger happy club.

Either way, we'll crack on, I hope Rob sticks to his promise to continue a footballing philosophy.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 12:31:57 PM »

Whatever line of business all the supporters are in, if another company offered to double their wages loyalty would go out of the window and I’d hazard a guess 90% would snap their hands off.
I know football is a different animal but even a manager’s career is not blessed with longevity and fraught with insecurity.
I’d hate to see Parky jump ship. To say he’d be missed would be some understatement. I’d also understand his reasoning.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 01:09:02 PM »

Presumably 'both' refers to Alty's and Wrexham's boss.  If so, I'd hazard that they Wrexham have more to fear (although I doubt he'll be tempted.  And while I rate PP, I think there are other candidates more likely to fit the criteria Notts will have.  If he were to succumb to a lucrative offer (and I think given the chance, he'd be foolish not to) it would leave us in a very precarious position having just made the step up to F/T.

The interest in our talent being taken by some of the bigger clubs is not surprising given our relative success, but it's hard to take.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 01:22:33 PM »

I actually think it's far more likely to be our PP than Wrexham's. Wrexham's recent style of football is completely at odds with Notts County's, so unless they're looking for a culture shock, I think our Phil's possession-based style is far more suited. That's my biggest worry.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »

That's what the fans on the Notts County forum think too. They, on the whole, seem to be quite favourable to him.
Very worrying indeed.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 01:43:08 PM »

Not sure that (our) Phil would jump ship at this present time.

Having said that, I didn’t think many golfers would jump ship to the Saudi golf LIV merry-go-round.

I suppose it’s all about the £££££s at the end of the day

I highly doubt Parky would triple his 10 year career earnings in one season moving to manage Notts County though.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 01:52:50 PM »

It would be very reassuring to all us fans to have some sort of statement from the Club to, hopefully, quash these rumours. At the moment, it's all speculation from a bookie site and the Notts fans forum.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 01:56:42 PM »

I think it could be close to going, at least its now rather than on the eve of the season.  Where that leaves signed and potential recruits I dont know
Bernard Taylors barmy army

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2022, 03:10:19 PM »

Does'nt look too promising at all . Despite all the positive vibes from Parky going forward with us , the lure of a former top division club of their size and history would be extremely hard to refuse . It comes down to loyalty v ambition and money . This is if the rumours are true of course .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Parky was* 1/4 for the Notts County job 😉