PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'he's got a cap'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 'he's got a cap'  (Read 7265 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 'he's got a cap'
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2022, 08:28:12 PM »

As Barrows was at Lynn, Baines clearly very highly rated by all the Chorley people. I think this strategy of signing young, hungry players from solid Conference North teams is a very prudent one. Welcome to Alty Lewis.

A few conference heads who are overawed by Notts and Wrexham

?? 🤔??
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2022, 09:41:04 PM »

As Barrows was at Lynn, Baines clearly very highly rated by all the Chorley people. I think this strategy of signing young, hungry players from solid Conference North teams is a very prudent one. Welcome to Alty Lewis.

A few conference heads who aren't overawed by Notts and Wrexham

?? 🤔??

Fixed my typo. We've lost at the big stadiums this year, with the except of chesterfield (Wrexham, County x 2, Grimsby). Phil said his job is to get FT players who don't fear these grounds.

I'd like to sign a few conference heads alongside this young hungry bunch.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2022, 09:49:08 PM »

I agree but young, keen, fit, talented and ambitious players can get the job done too.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2022, 10:13:15 PM »

I agree but young, keen, fit, talented and ambitious players can get the job done too.

I agree - look at Isaac Marriott.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2022, 10:33:19 PM »

Exactly.
We need a left back, a goal scoring forward and possibly a keeper and then the rest of the squad will likely emerge from trialists during the friendlies.
I think our loan players will be given the chance to earn themselves a peripheral place but most are unlikely to make it.
18 to 20 players looks increasingly likely.

PS. What's the situation with Leitch-Smith and Pringle?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 09:12:35 AM by Saughall Robin »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2022, 10:02:36 AM »

Only possibly a keeper ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 10:30:47 AM »

Only possibly a keeper ?

Yes. I think we need a top keeper but I meant perhaps that might only happen during the friendlies from trialists. Hope I'm mistaken and we sign a (young) corker.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »

?? 🤔??

Fixed my typo. We've lost at the big stadiums this year, with the except of chesterfield (Wrexham, County x 2, Grimsby). Phil said his job is to get FT players who don't fear these grounds.

Disagree mate.

Players like Marriott is what we need. As mentioned above, young, fit and hungry.

Don't need your Furman's and AJ Leitch-Smith's picking up decent money but often injured.

Keeper is obviously a huge one. Wouldn't mind someone late 20's with proven ability.

Still feel we need another top CB and forward.

Also LB and wide player.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2022, 11:21:31 AM »

Agreed. We certainly need a wide player and another forward. We've got to replace the goals and goal threat which Mooney provided.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2022, 11:29:27 AM »

?? 🤔??

Disagree mate.

Players like Marriott is what we need. As mentioned above, young, fit and hungry.

Don't need your Furman's and AJ Leitch-Smith's picking up decent money but often injured.

Keeper is obviously a huge one. Wouldn't mind someone late 20's with proven ability.

Also LB and wide player.

You've completely disagreed with yourself. You want hungry players but you want a keeper with experience in their late 20s.

I want experienced players who have regular first team football at League 2 or Conference level, in and around the sqaud.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »

I suspect that our new full time model better supports young, fit and hungry players with sell on value. It certainly didn't do us any harm towards the back end of last season having these sorts of players in the team.

Surely, 26-year old Cam Mason at Southport needs to be a keeper we are looking at. Had a slice of ft action at Chesterfield a while ago and may fancy it again.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 12:32:59 PM by Alty Bri »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2022, 12:41:36 PM »

Also  mentioned jay lynch ,ollie burke at connah's quay and luke Simpson ex Kiddy based in gtr manchester

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2022, 01:00:06 PM »

?? 🤔??

Disagree mate.

Also LB and wide player.

You've completely disagreed with yourself. You want hungry players but you want a keeper with experience in their late 20s.

I want experienced players who have regular first team football at League 2 or Conference level, in and around the sqaud.

I have havent I.

What I mean is we need some experience in the goalkeeper position but not someone too old.

I am not sure about league 2 players. I think the top top players from the league below are more hungry, they have a point to prove to themselves.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2022, 01:01:19 PM »

Kyle was on a short term contract, he's 22,.. will we get a fee for him I wonder ?
Depends on the terms I assume.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2022, 01:29:29 PM »

Kyle was on a short term contract, he's 22,.. will we get a fee for him I wonder ?
Depends on the terms I assume.

From what I understand, yes we are because we offered him a new deal, but it is down to the clubs to agree the amount of compensation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'he's got a cap'