PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'he's got a cap'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 'he's got a cap'  (Read 6868 times)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Re: 'he's got a cap'
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2022, 02:33:09 PM »

And that compensation is supposed to be to reflect the effort the ‘selling’ club put in to training up the young player so the fact we only had him for a short time means we won’t get much. Mooney on the other hand we can claim a bit more for and had Duncan gone in this sort of situation we’d have got pretty much market value for. At least that’s my understanding

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2022, 04:45:08 PM »

As Barrows was at Lynn, Baines clearly very highly rated by all the Chorley people. I think this strategy of signing young, hungry players from solid Conference North teams is a very prudent one. Welcome to Alty Lewis.

A few conference heads who aren't overawed by Notts and Wrexham

?? 🤔??

Fixed my typo. We've lost at the big stadiums this year, with the except of chesterfield (Wrexham, County x 2, Grimsby). Phil said his job is to get FT players who don't fear these grounds.

I'd like to sign a few conference heads alongside this young hungry bunch.

Disagree mate.

Players like Marriott is what we need. As mentioned above, young, fit and hungry.

Don't need your Furman's and AJ Leitch-Smith's picking up decent money but often injured.

Keeper is obviously a huge one. Wouldn't mind someone late 20's with proven ability.

Still feel we need another top CB and forward.

Also LB and wide player.

You've completely disagreed with yourself. You want hungry players but you want a keeper with experience in their late 20s.

I want experienced players who have regular first team football at League 2 or Conference level, in and around the sqaud.

I have havent I.

What I mean is we need some experience in the goalkeeper position but not someone too old.

I am not sure about league 2 players. I think the top top players from the league below are more hungry, they have a point to prove to themselves.

Your point I think was pretty obvious don't worry - for example Luke Simpson is 27 which I think is a great age for a goalkeeper.

Jaaskelainen is very young and ended up being released because he kept goal for a team that shipped so many goals, his confidence will clearly be massively shot.

See also... Andrew Dawber *shudder*

andrewflynn

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2022, 08:25:44 AM »

Jay Lynch would be a superb signing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 'he's got a cap'