PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 49961 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2022, 01:43:21 PM »

I think we need a marquee winger to replace Mooney as an absolute priority, I don't see who's stepping up to contribute his numbers unless we can get Jordan firing. Followed by a left-back to compete with Brockbank, who may be the real deal, but if he's not then we're going to look really weak in that position. I'm not too concerned about him being thrown in at the deep end mind, Joel Senior had only ever played proper football for FC United (NPL) and a couple of games at Curzon Ashton before joining us. He seems to be very highly rated, not just by our own manager, and he's the player I'm most excited to see in pre-season.

My concern at this stage with the squad so far is where are the goals going to come from? We've lost Mooney and Hancock and haven't replaced either yet. I can't see Hulme being prolific (hope I'm wrong), so that only leaves Colclough and to an extent Kosylo. I'm sure we will be bringing one or two more attacking players in but they need to be top quality, as you say.
Would agree, and I think Parky eluded to one or two coming in on wing/up top. He's trialling numerous players at the moment, so hopefully someone will fit the bill. Or he's still awaiting a few feelers for later in the window.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2022, 03:55:05 PM »

I think we need a marquee winger to replace Mooney as an absolute priority, I don't see who's stepping up to contribute his numbers unless we can get Jordan firing. Followed by a left-back to compete with Brockbank, who may be the real deal, but if he's not then we're going to look really weak in that position. I'm not too concerned about him being thrown in at the deep end mind, Joel Senior had only ever played proper football for FC United (NPL) and a couple of games at Curzon Ashton before joining us. He seems to be very highly rated, not just by our own manager, and he's the player I'm most excited to see in pre-season.

My concern at this stage with the squad so far is where are the goals going to come from? We've lost Mooney and Hancock and haven't replaced either yet. I can't see Hulme being prolific (hope I'm wrong), so that only leaves Colclough and to an extent Kosylo. I'm sure we will be bringing one or two more attacking players in but they need to be top quality, as you say.

Agreed, the loss of Mooney might be more sorely felt than we realise. Even if he'd had a stinker of a game he'd pop up with a goal, it's so hard to replace those numbers from the wing.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2022, 07:19:39 PM »

Exactly my fear, at present.

Two of our top four goalscorers from last season have departed: Mooney (13 goals) and Hancock (9 goals).
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2022, 07:33:08 PM »

Which is why I've been banging on about the need for a wide man with a few goals in him and a back up number nine other than Dinanga.
Reading the interview given by Parky, I think we're only likely to see the former.
Hope I'm wrong.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2022, 03:07:51 PM »

We could probably expect to concede a few less with the new look defence (and defensive midfield cover) but two almost-wingbacks gets me a bit twitchy.

PS. You KNOW you're getting old when not only policemen but fullbacks start looking younger and younger! 😉
😂😂😂😂
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:50:18 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2022, 05:44:27 PM »

We could probably expect to concede a few less with the new look defence (and defensive midfield cover) but two almost-wingbacks gets me a bit twitchy.

PS. You KNOW you're getting old when not only policemen but fullbacks start looking younger and younger! 😉
😂😂😂😂
It’s when judges start to look young you’ve got to worry.😱

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2022, 07:57:07 PM »

I think that we should keep faith with jackson, injury and the form of mooney and colclough meant his chance were limited, even though we will still bring someone else in we have had worse options in the past so im feeling confident even with him starting.
FFS

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »

I think that we should keep faith with jackson, injury and the form of mooney and colclough meant his chance were limited, even though we will still bring someone else in we have had worse options in the past so im feeling confident even with him starting.

I guess that's something that may be answered in the friendlies. Even if he's a success though, there's no back up for the wide right berth.

PS. Or for number nine.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:41:44 PM by Saughall Robin »

andrewflynn

« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2022, 09:22:58 AM »

That's fair, the little we have actually seen of him has been mostly at right-back, too.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2022, 10:07:02 AM »

He's definitely a fabulous player, but it is worth noting that his injury problems didn't start with us. How many players can we potentially afford to carry as a full time outfit?

andrewflynn

« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2022, 10:08:49 AM »

Millenic Alli can be seen training with the squad in the recent photos on the website. Hayden Campbell too, I think.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2022, 02:41:03 PM »

Millenic Alli can be seen training with the squad in the recent photos on the website. Hayden Campbell too, I think.

Definitely Hayden Campbell - the Salford kit confirms it.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2022, 04:08:44 PM »

Two of our top four goalscorers from last season have departed: Mooney (13 goals) and Hancock (9 goals).

To be fair, 9 goals was a decent return from Hancock given he was press ganged into centre forward duties at times.

With Hulme up front all season he may have reached 12-15.

These are two shoes we need to fill with quality. Easier said than done I know but these aren’t replacements we can scrimp on I think.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2022, 11:01:49 PM »

To be fair, 9 goals was a decent return from Hancock given he was press ganged into centre forward duties at times.

With Hulme up front all season he may have reached 12-15.

These are two shoes we need to fill with quality. Easier said than done I know but these aren’t replacements we can scrimp on I think.

Call me Mr Pedantic Pants, but wouldn't replacing Hancock and Mooney be 4 shoes?  ;) ;) ;)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2022, 08:04:19 PM »

Duly updated
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players