PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 49930 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2022, 08:26:30 PM »

Byrne

Barrows Baines Mullark Brockbank

Marriot Lundstrum

Colclough Kosylo XXX

Hulme

Subs :Roxburgh Osborne Pringle Dinanga Jackson

Striker and Winger needed.

Cooper

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2022, 09:32:02 PM »

Byrne

Marriot Lundstrum

Colclough Kosylo XXX

Hulme

Cooper

Having seen Parky state today in his interview that Barrows and Brockbank will be the starting full backs, I’d definitely want Cooper and Mullarkey in the centre.

I mean, that back 5 you’ve got there is proper green isn’t it, really need Baines to be dead good don’t we.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2022, 09:53:55 PM »

Byrne

Marriot Lundstrum

Colclough Kosylo XXX

Hulme

Cooper

Having seen Parky state today in his interview that Barrows and Brockbank will be the starting full backs, I’d definitely want Cooper and Mullarkey in the centre.

I mean, that back 5 you’ve got there is proper green isn’t it, really need Baines to be dead good don’t we.

Defo would have Cooper on the bench.

We defo need Baines to hit the ground running.

The full backs sound exciting and I am a fan of overlapping attacking fullbacks but we will have to see whether they are experienced enough to make the right runs and not leave themselves exposed.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2022, 09:57:10 PM »

Byrne

Marriot Lundstrum

Colclough Kosylo XXX

Hulme

Cooper

Lewis Baines is older, more experienced, and an England C international. He'll start in the left hand berth:

Byrne

Barrows  Mullarkey  Baines  Brockbank

Marriott  Lundstram

x            Kosylo       Colclough

Hulme

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2022, 10:15:51 PM »

If that’s first XI what does cover look like?

Gk. Gould. (Ok)

RB. Roxbrough or Jackson at a push. (Ok)
LB. Roxbrough can apparently play either side but not sure he’s good enough to cover his second best position if he can’t get in the team in his favourite one. Does Baines move across? (Looks iffy)

CB Cooper (could do with four ideally but given small budget we will have to get a loan in in the event of injury any worse than a niggle)

CM osbourne and Pringle. (More depth here than anywhere else although I don’t rate Pringle this far back)

Wingers. Jackson and Pringle (OK if new first choice is genuine first XI quality)

No 10. Pringle (he’s covering a lot of positions but I think he’s ok here)

Striker. Dinanga. (Not sure he is good enough even as cover / bench)

Parky said one or two more due in. Winger is top priority then hopefully we can get a striker / 10 to push kosylo and Jordan for their space or at least push one and provide decent cover for the other. I wonder if the 1 or 2 depends on whether we can off load dinanga?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2022, 10:30:54 PM »

In brief, we need a wide forward who can score a few goals and a striker to replace Dinanga in the squad. Surely he's heading out on loan?

PS. How good are the Academy prospects?
Expecting them to be given a run out in the early friendlies then maybe NPL to get some adult games experience before being reviewed. Maybe one could be that wide player? (Duncan 2.0?🤞)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2022, 10:39:33 PM »

In brief, we need a wide forward who can score a few goals and a striker to replace Dinanga in the squad. Surely he's heading out on loan?

PS. How good are the Academy prospects?
Expecting them to be given a run out in the early friendlies then maybe NPL to get some adult games experience before being reviewed. Maybe one could be that wide player? (Duncan 2.0?🤞)

It's asking a lot of one of the Academy lads to become a first team regular this season, although you never know. I am expecting them to have a combination of loans, as you say, with the odd substitute appearance.

I think we all agree in which area we are short. Of the current squad, Kosylo can play out wide with Ben Pringle playing as number 10, but that's making the best of things and I am sure the aim must be to get a new wide player in.

Talking of wide players, I am always a bit worried that somebody could come in for Ryan Colclough with an offer that neither the player nor the club could refuse.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2022, 11:19:04 PM »

I know he has been injured quite a bit but Brad Jackson is a decent winger

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2022, 11:42:22 PM »

I certainly wouldn't write off Dinanga before the season starts by loaning him out. One of the new players could form a partnership with him and become a supply source for goals. A couple of goals in pre-season games and he may be worth a shot. See how he is training full time and how he fits in with the squad and new players this season. He scored a few for Dartford in a short space of time and deserves his chance, especially if he is given more goalscoring chances which he puts away. He did it for Dartford, he could do it for us. If same as last season, then send him on loan.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2022, 12:03:10 AM »

I certainly wouldn't write off Dinanga before the season starts by loaning him out. One of the new players could form a partnership with him and become a supply source for goals. A couple of goals in pre-season games and he may be worth a shot. See how he is training full time and how he fits in with the squad and new players this season. He scored a few for Dartford in a short space of time and deserves his chance, especially if he is given more goalscoring chances which he puts away. He did it for Dartford, he could do it for us. If same as last season, then send him on loan.

I get the impression the league lower down than us is his ideal level (similar to Tom Peers)
Would be delighted if he proved me wrong

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2022, 08:21:04 AM »

If that’s first XI what does cover look like?

Gk. Gould. (Ok)

RB. Roxbrough or Jackson at a push. (Ok)
LB. Roxbrough can apparently play either side but not sure he’s good enough to cover his second best position if he can’t get in the team in his favourite one. Does Baines move across? (Looks iffy)

CB Cooper (could do with four ideally but given small budget we will have to get a loan in in the event of injury any worse than a niggle)

CM osbourne and Pringle. (More depth here than anywhere else although I don’t rate Pringle this far back)

Wingers. Jackson and Pringle (OK if new first choice is genuine first XI quality)

No 10. Pringle (he’s covering a lot of positions but I think he’s ok here)

Striker. Dinanga. (Not sure he is good enough even as cover / bench)

Parky said one or two more due in. Winger is top priority then hopefully we can get a striker / 10 to push kosylo and Jordan for their space or at least push one and provide decent cover for the other. I wonder if the 1 or 2 depends on whether we can off load dinanga?

Probably worth mentioning that Ross Barrows can cover at centre back, although that will mean cover for his own position.

I understand the thoughts around Dinanga but the lad seems to have been a better fit at other clubs, particularly local ones if he is still based in the south. I agree on Jackson too, he's a good squad player at this level and hopefully he can stay fit - but I'd still expect someone else more proven to come in and start.

As mentioned a million times, Elliot Newby would be perfect - there's other decent wingers on the market like Ben Tollitt from Fylde too, and Tom Walker would provide good balance with his left foot cutting in, given we seem to have signed two marauding full backs - he's proven he can score goals at this level (like Mooney).

andrewflynn

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2022, 08:59:14 AM »

I think we need a marquee winger to replace Mooney as an absolute priority, I don't see who's stepping up to contribute his numbers unless we can get Jordan firing. Followed by a left-back to compete with Brockbank, who may be the real deal, but if he's not then we're going to look really weak in that position. I'm not too concerned about him being thrown in at the deep end mind, Joel Senior had only ever played proper football for FC United (NPL) and a couple of games at Curzon Ashton before joining us. He seems to be very highly rated, not just by our own manager, and he's the player I'm most excited to see in pre-season.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2022, 09:16:07 AM »

Reasonable cover apart from  in the forward positions

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2022, 11:38:07 AM »

I think we need a marquee winger to replace Mooney as an absolute priority, I don't see who's stepping up to contribute his numbers unless we can get Jordan firing. Followed by a left-back to compete with Brockbank, who may be the real deal, but if he's not then we're going to look really weak in that position. I'm not too concerned about him being thrown in at the deep end mind, Joel Senior had only ever played proper football for FC United (NPL) and a couple of games at Curzon Ashton before joining us. He seems to be very highly rated, not just by our own manager, and he's the player I'm most excited to see in pre-season.

Brockbank is the one obviously taking the biggest step up - I think Baines will be fine - I'm sure the management team will utilise the loan market again and give him experience a level lower if it is ultimately proven that he's not quite ready yet. They seem to be confident on him though.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »

My concern at this stage with the squad so far is where are the goals going to come from? We've lost Mooney and Hancock and haven't replaced either yet. I can't see Hulme being prolific (hope I'm wrong), so that only leaves Colclough and to an extent Kosylo. I'm sure we will be bringing one or two more attacking players in but they need to be top quality, as you say.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players