PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 49944 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2022, 01:26:05 PM »

Updated.

Welcome to Alty on a ft basis
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2022, 01:26:40 PM »

Another plausible theory (as propounded below) is Alex Reid, who's certainly surplus to requirements at Edgeley Park now that County have signed Kyle Wootton:

https://twitter.com/Timpmark/status/1535369366346567687

That's a very good shout and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if he signed for us! 18 in 55 games is just what we need.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2022, 01:28:38 PM »

PS. Announced as jake cooper on twitter just now! 👍

PPS. Can we have Alex Reid too please?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2022, 01:33:49 PM »

I’m happy with that. I thought he was better than Ferguson but I seemed to be in the minority.

At the very least we’ll start with a centre back partnership of Cooper and Mullarkey which was solid enough this season before we start titting about with others.

Baines sounds a good player but at least I’ve seen these two play together.

Would like us to get Perrett and Jones too.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2022, 01:44:35 PM »

I’m happy with that. I thought he was better than Ferguson but I seemed to be in the minority.

At the very least we’ll start with a centre back partnership of Cooper and Mullarkey which was solid enough this season before we start titting about with others.

I certainly think Cooper was unlucky not to be starting as he hadn't done anything wrong (in fact, his first big error came right at the end of the season) - but I do think Ferguson looked a particularly super player.

Given the reputation Baines brings with him, I actually think it'll be him and Toby with Jake Cooper in reserve. If clubs come back for Toby, then Cooper will step in like Toby did when James Jones left.

I'd love Harry Perritt back, but I think Accy will probably want to have a good luck at him in pre season because he's good enough to be a squad lpayer for them immediately.

I did think Jones might have been released by Stoke, but given they brought him back for their U23s they must still have him in their plans. He'll be more realistic than Perritt imo.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2022, 01:59:55 PM »

That's the back four sorted now. We've got three for the two midfield spots so now we just (!) need a keeper, wide player and target man.

By the way, when do release our list of players we are letting go from those who've been out on loan? Has anyone any idea?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2022, 05:12:07 PM »

That's the back four sorted now. We've got three for the two midfield spots so now we just (!) need a keeper, wide player and target man.

By the way, when do release our list of players we are letting go from those who've been out on loan? Has anyone any idea?

Yes, getting our business done nice and early. Pro-actively signing the likes of Cooper and Lundstrum undoubtedly one of the obvious benefits of us going FT. Not a whole lot to do now other than the ones you mention and also keep our fingers crossed re Colclough. A bit of clarity on the training ground too when we have that, assuming it’s largely signed off to be at Egerton by Knutsford as previously mentioned.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2022, 05:35:20 PM »

Yes. I'd forgotten about the training ground. It's not been officially mentioned as being Egerton I don't think but we're all assuming that's where it's going to be.
Surely training will be starting in a couple of weeks given that we're only four weeks away from the start of the friendlies? I'd have expected to hear something soon about both things.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2022, 06:40:59 PM »

I wonder if Parky's tempted to try three at the back a bit more next season.

Not been a success when deployed so far, granted - however we never had the personnel to execute it particularly well (especially given Digie was involved).

We've signed a very obviously left-sided centre back, two particularly attacking full backs - and haven't strengthened as much at number 10 which would make way.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2022, 08:20:22 PM »

I certainly think Cooper was unlucky not to be starting as he hadn't done anything wrong (in fact, his first big error came right at the end of the season) - but I do think Ferguson looked a particularly super player.

Given the reputation Baines brings with him, I actually think it'll be him and Toby with Jake Cooper in reserve. If clubs come back for Toby, then Cooper will step in like Toby did when James Jones left.

I'd love Harry Perritt back, but I think Accy will probably want to have a good luck at him in pre season because he's good enough to be a squad lpayer for them immediately.

I did think Jones might have been released by Stoke, but given they brought him back for their U23s they must still have him in their plans. He'll be more realistic than Perritt imo.

Not quite true. Cooper made a big mistake that led to the corner from which Southend took the lead against us at Roots Hall. He seemed to carry the can for that loss and it opened the door for Ferguson. I do though think that Cooper looked a solid player and at 21 is an excellent signing.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2022, 10:38:40 PM »

We're conveniently forgetting his first touch in an Alty shirt, just seconds into his debut. He made a hash of clearing a routine ball, and Woking were a goal ahead as a result (in fairness, the rest of the defence could have done better, but it started from him).

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2022, 03:48:08 AM »

I seem to remember a story about a certain defender (Stuart Pearce?) who early in his career made a bad mistake and was asked about it by his manager ("he's done you there"). Apparently he promised him it wouldn't happen again - and the rest is history, so to speak. At 21, and playing full time, there is plenty of time for my namesake to sort these things out. And if he doesn't we could always go back to Digie... :)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2022, 08:55:36 AM »

Dave Furnival             
    🙄

My Dad and his mates used to call him 'Rising damp'

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2022, 09:35:21 AM »

Fair enough, I stand corrected on his errors - I guess we all agree he's a good player with lots of poential, and I'm pleased he's here longer term to develop further under Parky.

In any case I firmly believe Baines will start ahead of him so I think Cooper will continue to be understudy for now.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2022, 04:26:47 PM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players