PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 49952 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2022, 09:32:36 PM »

Damp squibs compared to some others in the league

We're building for the future. Good young players who we can develop.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2022, 11:26:43 PM »

We're building for the future. Good young players who we can develop.

Duncan Watmore  is a classic example, Kyle Ferguson was only a year older and he coped easily
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:26:00 AM by distancetraveller »

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2022, 12:18:06 AM »

Don’t usually agree but I do here. These young lads will get eaten alive in this league

andrewflynn

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2022, 08:22:10 AM »

It’s not clear that they’re being signed for immediate first team action. I’d imagine they’re not (see Salmon, Berry, Hall), but if they play their way into the side and they’re good enough then what signings they could be. Low risk, high reward as opposed to the influx of ageing ex-League players last summer.

We’ve got a massive squad to build here, it requires a mixture of steady Conference heads, who we’re all expecting to arrive in time, and the younger talent that we’re identifying.

Some players are on holiday, some may have numerous offers of which we are one. There’s two months to go. Let it play out.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2022, 08:24:56 AM »

It’s not clear that they’re being signed for immediate first team action. I’d imagine they’re not (see Salmon, Berry, Hall), but if they play their way into the side and they’re good enough then what signings they could be. Low risk, high reward as opposed to the influx of ageing ex-League players last summer.

We’ve got a massive squad to build here, it requires a mixture of steady Conference heads, who we’re all expecting to arrive in time, and the younger talent that we’re identifying.

Some players are on holiday, some may have numerous offers of which we are one. There’s two months to go. Let it play out.

Calm down, you're not allowed to use common sense around these parts!

If HA had his way, Parky would have had his P45 months ago

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2022, 08:56:43 AM »

Just a couple of points.
Firstly, I don't think we're building a massive squad and we've got fifteen already so only four or five more to come I'd say.
Secondly, I'd say you're correct in saying more experienced players will be coming in over the next couple of weeks. My wishes would be for a keeper, centre back, wide player and a number nine. It isn't easy, that's why it's seemed to be taking so long.
Keep the faith!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2022, 09:00:41 AM »

Don't act like you don't think these have hyberbole Andrew, we're in the same off-air chats. As I said you it's clear there's a plan to profit from kids but that doesn't mean they need to be treated like Marquee signung

And Marple, that's nonsense isn't it, complete nonsense. I wanted us to change away watching 18 games without a win playing hoof ball.

I don't remember the P45 being painted on the banner, or when we were one of handleful of hardcore not to boo him off at Solihull (we actually clapped and backed him).

Always said Phil is our best hope of EFL status, he just needed to stop playing Porter and Peers who were statistically sh*t and play Football. You wouldn't believe what happened after we reverted to our style of play and signed a few steady heads.. Oh wait we won 5 in a row at home without conceeed.
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2022, 09:09:02 AM »

Just a couple of points.
Firstly, I don't think we're building a massive squad and we've got fifteen already so only four or five more to come I'd say.
Secondly, I'd say you're correct in saying more experienced players will be coming in over the next couple of weeks. My wishes would be for a keeper, centre back, wide player and a number nine. It isn't easy, that's why it's seemed to be taking so long.
Keep the faith!

On the first point, I'm sure we'll end up with a lot more players on our books than we will have in our first team squad (which we're told will be 18-20). Lads like the one we've just signed will, I would guess, mostly be out on loan to develop them towards the first team in a year or two.

andrewflynn

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2022, 10:31:28 AM »

Don't act like you don't think these have hyberbole Andrew, we're in the same off-air chats. As I said you it's clear there's a plan to profit from kids but that doesn't mean they need to be treated like Marquee signung

And Marple, that's nonsense isn't it, complete nonsense. I wanted us to change away watching 18 games without a win playing hoof ball.

I don't remember the P45 being painted on the banner, or when we were one of handleful of hardcore not to boo him off at Solihull (we actually clapped and backed him).

Always said Phil is our best hope of EFL status, he just needed to stop playing Porter and Peers who were statistically sh*t and play Football. You wouldn't believe what happened after we reverted to our style of play and signed a few steady heads.. Oh wait we won 5 in a row at home without conceeed.

Calm down man. My post wasn't targeted at you, as much as you've taken it that way and gone off on a rant.

But if you're going to cite offline chats about the plan being to profit from these recent signings, perhaps you should post those thoughts on here instead, as opposed to calling them damp squibs, which is doing nothing to improve the way some of the contributors view you on here.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2022, 10:46:13 AM »

Calm down man. My post wasn't targeted at you, as much as you've taken it that way and gone off on a rant.

But if you're going to cite offline chats about the plan being to profit from these recent signings, perhaps you should post those thoughts on here instead, as opposed to calling them damp squibs, which is doing nothing to improve the way some of the contributors view you on here.

I'm not arsed how people view me, strong opinions will do that. But I won't have people twist my comments.

Plenty wanted him gone, dont take the easy swipe, you're better than that.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2022, 11:12:24 AM »

I'm not arsed how people view me, strong opinions will do that. But I won't have people twist my comments.

Plenty wanted him gone, dont take the easy swipe, you're better than that.

I’m not too sure that plenty of folk wanted him gone, Jack.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2022, 07:19:02 PM »

I think they’re probably squad fillers. You need 20 odd fit players louring the week to do full training with.

Might be a good time to pull in a few young talents before f**king Macclesfield do

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2022, 09:05:37 PM »

I think they’re probably squad fillers. You need 20 odd fit players louring the week to do full training with.

Might be a good time to pull in a few young talents before f**king Macclesfield do

They bought our last one
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2022, 07:50:49 PM »

Yet another teaser:

https://twitter.com/altrinchamfc/status/1535324634781868032

Any guesses?

Possibly a goalkeeper?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2022, 08:12:22 PM »

The commentary says “the altrincham goal scorer is” and then cuts out so my guess is a forward-could be a big one?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players