PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 49897 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2022, 09:03:58 PM »

Still waiting for the striker/goal threat we could really do with.
That signing will not be an easy one to achieve/get right but I'm positive it just has to be on the cards before August.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2022, 10:59:30 PM »

That signing will not be an easy one to achieve/get right but I'm positive it just has to be on the cards before August.

I'm more concerned that we sign a decent goalkeeper.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2022, 11:18:21 PM »

Yep I agree, not the easiest of positions to fill. I know he wasn’t the long term answer but I’m assuming Steve Drench has moved on due to Goulds new role at the club.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2022, 08:53:43 AM »

Yep I agree, not the easiest of positions to fill. I know he wasn’t the long term answer but I’m assuming Steve Drench has moved on due to Goulds new role at the club.

I'm not sure that Drench isn't a full-time goalkeeping coach.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2022, 09:33:33 AM »

Amended
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2022, 10:23:21 AM »

I'm not, by a long way.
Perhaps we do need another keeper but they are much easier to get, within our likely budget, than the sort of wide forward and striker we are crying out for in the squad now Mooney has gone and we only have Dinanga as back up for Hulme.
I'd be very surprised if Parky isn't looking to get Dinanga out on loan to free up some budget to help with this. Releasing most of those out on loan might also help in this respect.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2022, 02:21:11 PM »

We went through the same nonsense last summer.

People saying we'd struggle because we hadn't recruited, when most teams hadn't even started yet.

We've obviously done some business early because we've got more to do than the average club, but there's still plenty to be done and it will happen.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2022, 02:31:58 PM »

People saying we'd struggle because we hadn't recruited, when most teams hadn't even started yet.

We've obviously done some business early because we've got more to do than the average club, but there's still plenty to be done and it will happen.
In Parky we trust. We could have an entire squad in place now but that would be meaningless if it was strewn with poor signings.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »

Although I might have come across as being negative, I certainly don't disagree with you Marple.
You're quite right right to say there's plenty of time.
However I think I'm correct in highlighting what we need and, imvho, a keeper would be about the third most important signing we need to make.
As rorysgrandad said, in Parky we trust and I'm sure that if potential improvements are available, he'll be in there trying to bring them in.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2022, 09:12:42 PM »

And we struggled for a striker until Christmas

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2022, 10:29:27 PM »

We recruited a highly rated striker in time for the start of the season. Unfortunately it was Marcus Dinanga.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2022, 10:42:27 PM »

We recruited a highly rated striker in time for the start of the season. Unfortunately it was Marcus Dinanga.

Miaow!!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2022, 09:59:14 AM »

He does look the part. However I’m still waiting as that great philosopher Diana Ross once said.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2022, 11:29:21 PM »

Ms Ross took a great penalty......as many of us will recall
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2022, 08:41:14 AM »

Miaow!!
who yet had a higher goals per minute average than our prolific striker now captain last season . It's a funny old world . And before you all start Hulme is a Far far superior all round player . It just makes me laugh when people bang on about him being a prolific striker and the best since Damien
Come on you red and white........
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players