PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 49947 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2022, 03:37:38 PM »

I'm not going to lie - I'm absolutely gutted about this and it's one hell of a signing for Southend.

Given the sideways element of the move, I'm sure he'll get some stick when he lines up against us in a navy blue shirt (he'll score of course).

He had the platform to continue developing well here with full-time football under a management team with a great track record - I can't help but feel he might have moved 12 months too soon and perhaps got himself a truly big move into the Football League next year.

My sentiments exactly.
I think he's been smooth talked into this by collymore myself but I too believe it would have been in his better long term interest to have moved on in twelve months to, possibly, a league club.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2022, 03:42:56 PM »

Given his injury record maaybe he is better off taking the money when it’s available?  Real shame though. I’m still fearful colclough may leave, albeit for a fee, and then we are on the hunt for a couple of new wingers. I think it is essential we hang on to one of them so even more nervous now.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2022, 03:53:02 PM »

Losing one goalscoring winger is tough enough to take, but losing Colclough too would be hugely damaging; they're one hell of a duo and I think we'll appreciate that even more once they're gone.

Thankfully there seems to be a lot of wing options on the market, however we'd all obviously prefer to keep the players that are already embedded here.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2022, 03:56:11 PM »

He was very good for Alty but he certainly isn’t irreplaceable. I would be more worried if we had lost Kossy or Ryan. Dan was a little too left foot reliable for me. I’m hoping Kyle Ferguson can be signed up.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2022, 05:51:51 PM »

He sounds positively euphoric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpdOvv6Jlpg
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2022, 06:09:32 PM »

Listening to his interview you would have thought he was dragged down to Southend. Cheer up ffs you got what you obviously wanted.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2022, 06:22:26 PM »

I think it’s sad that he could’ve been a hero in anew era here rather than joining a club which isn’t the most stable to say the least.

He’ll be a smaller fish in a bigger pond there. It’ll go the same way as Jordan Hulme this one.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2022, 06:59:05 PM »

Crikey, that interview was awful - body language was not the best. Maybe that's just the way Dan is.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2022, 07:26:10 PM »

Scored the goal at Boston that brought us back to the NL and after a quiet ( like the crowd !) last season , has been excellent and is a big loss and could be quite difficult to replace with someone of his class . It obviously looks like he's had his head turned by Collymoremoney but like the rest say the grass isn't always greener .

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2022, 07:39:53 PM »

Crikey, that interview was awful - body language was not the best. Maybe that's just the way Dan is.

Seen it a million times in my day job (recruiter).

Gone for the money and a fresh challenge, push himself out of his comfort zone etc etc - but deep down he's wondered if he's done the right thing.

Time will tell.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2022, 08:22:00 PM »

It really doesn't matter why he went, he's gone because he didn't want to be at Alty enough.
Parky has already made it crystal clear that everyone who is in the squad next season will be there because they're totally committed.
However good he was for us he saw his future elsewhere probably on more money. I fully understand that and wish him well but it's interesting that Mullarkey, who potentially had a better offer but clearly respected the career advice he no doubt received from the manager, chose to stay.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2022, 09:12:33 PM »

It really doesn't matter why he went, he's gone because he didn't want to be at Alty enough.
Parky has already made it crystal clear that everyone who is in the squad next season will be there because they're totally committed.
However good he was for us he saw his future elsewhere probably on more money. I fully understand that and wish him well but it's interesting that Mullarkey, who potentially had a better offer but clearly respected the career advice he no doubt received from the manager, chose to stay.

Agree with this, once I feel a bit less sore about it then yes, we don't want people that don't want to be here. We clearly made him a good offer and he chose elsewhere.

Being fair to him, if Southend are giving the league a real go next season - and we know he's good at this level - then I'm sure he'll be a success there.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2022, 09:49:07 AM »

Just as a tangent to the Mooney transfer, I see that he's signed up for two years with an 'option in the club's favour'.
Would it be an idea for our signings to have this option in their contracts to prevent players leaving for nothing? The extra year could be triggered if someone was going to pounce and we could get a fee.
If someone wants to go badly enough we shouldn't stop them but not for nothing!
Just a thought.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »

Updated
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2022, 12:06:13 PM »

Just as a tangent to the Mooney transfer, I see that he's signed up for two years with an 'option in the club's favour'.
Would it be an idea for our signings to have this option in their contracts to prevent players leaving for nothing? The extra year could be triggered if someone was going to pounce and we could get a fee.
If someone wants to go badly enough we shouldn't stop them but not for nothing!
Just a thought.

Yeah I suspect we'd look at this - it's slightly safer than offering them two years and extending halfway through (as with Colclough)

Unfortunately this year is a real anomaly that couldn't be helped on our side, as we didn't really know what we could offer people until recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players