PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Actual Signed Players  (Read 51101 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Signed Players
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2022, 09:12:36 PM »

So, apart from Colclough, who are the other two double - figure goalscorers?

I agree that is the concern. Hoping Con-Clarke bags a few and I suppose we have to see how the new winger gets on. Decent finisher from his highlights. Kossy was a massive loss because he had such a great second half to last season and scored a few.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:15:54 PM by oneedham »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2022, 09:23:02 PM »

Or does it signal the exit of Toby?

I doubt it, I spoke to Toby today he is very happy and proud to be vice captain

Just because good players come in doesn’t mean another good one is going.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 28, 2022, 09:57:07 PM »

So, apart from Colclough, who are the other two double - figure goalscorers?

I agree that is the concern. Hoping Con-Clarke bags a few and I suppose we have to see how the new winger gets on. Decent finisher from his highlights. Kossy was a massive loss because he had such a great second half to last season and scored a few.

This is it. We are well stacked in defence and midfield now but it’s replacing the goals of Kosylo (at least until Jan), Mooney & Hancock that is the chief concern for me. Hulme has not been prolific at this level & Conn-Clarke has never had a consistent run anywhere in the last few years, same for Samizadeh. We can’t afford to have a slow start as the vast majority of our home games before Christmas are sides who I expect will be in the bottom half.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2022, 12:47:03 AM »

Too much negativity here and a ball has yet to be kicked in earnest,

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2022, 06:30:52 AM »

I am a glass half full kind of guy, as you are all aware. I actually think that Phil has now got his squad sorted. I am very happy with the signings we have made. The James Jones one I did not see coming at all, but he was a superb centre back when he was last here and I did not want him to go. Fortunately, Toby stepped up to the plate, Tom Hannigan was already an established centre back. Both James and Lewis Baines are substantial replacements. Though I was sad when we lost the old guard due to going full time, we have attracted a good calibre of replacements and have the makings of a good squad now. Losing Matt and Isaac to injury was a blow, but now we have strength in depth throughout the team. Fans are bound to worry a little when we make changes to the squad and change the dynamics of part time to full time, but I think we should trust Phil and Neil. They have never let us down with recruitment in the past, sometimes signings work and sometimes they don't. I think both of them have applied a great deal of thought to the squad during close season. Look down the road at M16, and see what has happened there during close season. The United fans have been pulling their hair out, and I don't blame them. Phil and Neil have gone about their rebuild quietly and efficiently and I have been very impressed. None of the stress that our neighbours have been through. Just a bit of excitement, speculation and chat on the fan's site, I love the way our club have done it. Midfield I think is still strong, we have signed Josh back again, and though we are unfortunate to lose Isaac and Matty, we have good cover for their positions. Finally with the forward line we have the ever reliable Jordan Hulme, Ryan Colclough is still a great danger to the opposition down the left, and Marcus Dinanga has started to score in our friendlies, following on from what he did at Dartford. We now also have who I think may be the key signing in our forward line Alex Samizadeh. I still am not sure how to pronounce his surname, but my god he is going to cause opposing defenders some problems. His footwork is superb and he has many tricks up his sleeve. Phil told me he is 23, still young and yet to reach his peak, needs a little work on his finishing but has great potential. If anybody can bring this out of him, Phil and Neil can. I spoke to Alex yesterday and he is a very nice fellow too. He is one of the players I am looking forward to watching. I remember being blown away by his play at Trafford, and shouting great skills 18, fantastic. He actually remembered that when I spoke to him yesterday. We need to give him support and encouragement and I know he will come good. My minds eye tells me he will win us a couple of penalties too, as opposing defenders have their blood twisted.

I understand the negativity because for a few years we had it so bad, but this is the Phil and Neil era now and we should trust them and remember this a very exciting time to be at the club. I am so looking forward to this season, we all should. How high can we finish, not we're doomed!   

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2022, 08:31:45 AM »

Well said Steve. We are starting from a new baseline with going to fulltime football. I'm looking forward to seeing how the team  gels.

Onwards and upwards.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2022, 08:37:32 AM »

I am excited about watching Alex Samizadeh.

I know YouTube can make anyone look half decent but you can see how good his close ball control is and very direct.

Mooney took a while to get going for us. Hopefully Alex gets a few games in a row.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:39:56 AM by oneedham »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2022, 09:21:13 AM »

Last year we didn't expect as many goals to come from the likes of Mooney and Kosylo - the latter of whom really didn't score many at all.

Others will step up to the plate this season.

We've also strengthened well in other areas of the pitch.

Looking forward to getting going now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2022, 09:22:52 AM »

I liked the look at Alex, but he was playing against Trafford kids. Swapping a proven goal scorer in Mooney and swapping him for a trialists worries me.

Are they equal or better, on paper yes.

Hancock = Con Clarke  ✅
Ferguson = Jones  ✅
Hannigan = Cooper ✅
Thompson = Byrne ✅
Moult = Lundstrum ✅

Jury is out and this is where I feel we've not greatly improved.

White, Hampson, Densmore = ❓
Mooney = Alex
Kosylo = ❓

We're in desperate need of someone to REPLACE Kosylo and Mooney still imo. And we need strength in LB/RB.. Perhaps Jones is there to provide that. But I think we need someone in on loan next week.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 10:23:43 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2022, 09:30:28 AM »

I liked the look at Alex, but he was playing against Trafford kids. Swapping a proven goal scorer in Mooney and swapping him for a trialists worries me.

Are they equal or better:

Con Clarke = Hancock ✅
Jones = Ferguson ✅
Byrne = Thompson ✅
Lundstrum = Moult ✅
Mooney = Alex ❓
Full backs = White Densmore Hampson ❓

We're in desperate need of someone to REPLACE Kosylo and Mooney still imo. And we need strength in LB/RB.. Perhaps Jones is there to provide that.

Defo short on LB cover.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2022, 09:51:54 AM »

I am a glass half full kind of guy, as you are all aware. I actually think that Phil has now got his squad sorted. I am very happy with the signings we have made. The James Jones one I did not see coming at all, but he was a superb centre back when he was last here and I did not want him to go. Fortunately, Toby stepped up to the plate, Tom Hannigan was already an established centre back. Both James and Lewis Baines are substantial replacements. Though I was sad when we lost the old guard due to going full time, we have attracted a good calibre of replacements and have the makings of a good squad now. Losing Matt and Isaac to injury was a blow, but now we have strength in depth throughout the team. Fans are bound to worry a little when we make changes to the squad and change the dynamics of part time to full time, but I think we should trust Phil and Neil. They have never let us down with recruitment in the past, sometimes signings work and sometimes they don't. I think both of them have applied a great deal of thought to the squad during close season. Look down the road at M16, and see what has happened there during close season. The United fans have been pulling their hair out, and I don't blame them. Phil and Neil have gone about their rebuild quietly and efficiently and I have been very impressed. None of the stress that our neighbours have been through. Just a bit of excitement, speculation and chat on the fan's site, I love the way our club have done it. Midfield I think is still strong, we have signed Josh back again, and though we are unfortunate to lose Isaac and Matty, we have good cover for their positions. Finally with the forward line we have the ever reliable Jordan Hulme, Ryan Colclough is still a great danger to the opposition down the left, and Marcus Dinanga has started to score in our friendlies, following on from what he did at Dartford. We now also have who I think may be the key signing in our forward line Alex Samizadeh. I still am not sure how to pronounce his surname, but my god he is going to cause opposing defenders some problems. His footwork is superb and he has many tricks up his sleeve. Phil told me he is 23, still young and yet to reach his peak, needs a little work on his finishing but has great potential. If anybody can bring this out of him, Phil and Neil can. I spoke to Alex yesterday and he is a very nice fellow too. He is one of the players I am looking forward to watching. I remember being blown away by his play at Trafford, and shouting great skills 18, fantastic. He actually remembered that when I spoke to him yesterday. We need to give him support and encouragement and I know he will come good. My minds eye tells me he will win us a couple of penalties too, as opposing defenders have their blood twisted.

I understand the negativity because for a few years we had it so bad, but this is the Phil and Neil era now and we should trust them and remember this a very exciting time to be at the club. I am so looking forward to this season, we all should. How high can we finish, not we're doomed!
What a cheerful post Steve and I find your positive observations quite infectious. We know the coming season won’t be without setbacks and hiccups but we’re in better shape than I anticipated a few short weeks ago. If we can recruit Lady Luck as well we’ll be absolutely fine. Looking forward to August 6 and beyond now. 😎

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2022, 10:05:22 AM »

At some point we will need to get lucky and pick up a goalscorer from somewhere.

The rest of the team is looking good.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2022, 10:26:42 AM »

At some point we will need to get lucky and pick up a goalscorer from somewhere.

The rest of the team is looking good.

I totally agree with you.
Sadly I don't think it's going to happen so I'm hoping for good things from Alex and Jordan.
I'm sure we'll get some from midfield too (and Jonesy from corners and set pieces)
This glass half full thingy is infectious! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2022, 11:15:44 AM »

Or does it signal the exit of Toby?

I doubt it, I spoke to Toby today he is very happy and proud to be vice captain

Just because good players come in doesn’t mean another good one is going.
Just what we all wanted to hear.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2022, 01:07:36 PM »

I'd be amazed if we reneged from the tried and tested 4231 - however the personnel we've recruited certainly does suggest that we're open to exploring the idea of a back three more often.

Given current injury / fitness issues, the team could be something like (4231):

Byrne
   Mullarkey     Jones   Baines/Cooper  Brockbank
                        Lundstram  Osborne
Jackson/Samizadeh  Conn-Clarke       Colclough
                                  Hulme

Or it could be something like (343):

Byrne
                   Mullarkey  Jones  Baines
     Jackson  Lundstram  Osborne  Brockbank
                Conn-Clarke        Colclough
                                  Hulme

That 343 team does have a nice balance to it - I think Brad Jackson could be a revelation at RWB - but it's untested.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Actual Signed Players